Mendocino Coast District Hospital

Raymond T. Hino

" MIXED"

Former Employee - Travel RN in Fort Bragg, CA
    Former Employee - Travel RN in Fort Bragg, CA

I worked at Mendocino Coast District Hospital as a contractor (less than an year)

Pros

Loved the nurses and supportive staff. Family atmosphere.

Cons

Nursing safety, Please have PALS and acute PICU/Pediatric experience, High acute psych, high meth drug usage, and ETOH withdrawal abuse patients with poor mental health support. Revolving door of same patients.The need for stronger night support MD's on hands not via a robot for emergencies, The nurses" must"demand that the patient be transfer out via air ambulance to a higher acuity facility, and pray that there is no fog or you stuck with a situation beyond your means. The area is very reclusive, no malls, poor housing, dangerous winding roads especially at night.

Be more supportive, You have wonderful nurses working miracles with scarce recourses, Listen to your staff, Nurse and patient safety is priority no.1,poor employee moral.

Always an opening, never an interview.

Current Employee - Clinical Lab Scientist in Fort Bragg, CA
    Current Employee - Clinical Lab Scientist in Fort Bragg, CA

I have been working at Mendocino Coast District Hospital full-time (less than an year)

Pros

Wonderful location, modern facility. Good benefit package.

Cons

Low salary, poor quality and repressive management, district in bankruptcy. Obviously discriminatory against older workers. Openings in the lab for the last 3 years which I have applied repeatedly for have been unfilled. I have never been interviewed.

Move to the future, make the investment. It is 2014, hire the persons available to you and pay a decent wage.
    Just another hospital refusing to staff with adequate numbers of trained, competent, licensed people, as required by state and federal law.

Good opportunity, overall nice / competent staff

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Fort Bragg, CA
    Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Fort Bragg, CA

I worked at Mendocino Coast District Hospital

Pros

Excellent opportunity for personal growth which allows you to effectively meet the communities needs. Benefits are exceptional, geography is beautiful.

Cons

Administration challenged to make difficult / timely decisions. Disconnect between senior administrators not uncommon. Self preservation appears to be a high priority. Unable to enforce policies especially when it comes to physicians.Chain of command structure is not consistantly used.

Allow logic and good clinical care , not emotions or public perception in decision making.

Very positive and rewarding experience. I have moved up in the 10 years that I have been here.

Current Employee - Unit Coordinator in Fort Bragg, CA
    Current Employee - Unit Coordinator in Fort Bragg, CA

I have been working at Mendocino Coast District Hospital

Pros

Peolpe in my department, Atmosphere. I am one person who can say I really love my job

Cons

I guess the only thing would be attitude from some of my co-workers.

Listen a little more to the employees