Menlo Logistics

Menlo Logistics Reviews

Updated February 20, 2015
Updated February 20, 2015
3.1

Menlo Logistics President and CEO Robert L. Bianco Jr.
Robert L. Bianco Jr.

Pros
  • Work Life balance and Leadership (in 4 reviews)

• Good company culture and great supporting corporate office (in 2 reviews)

Cons
  • Lack of Career Growth- no real opportunity to advance (in 3 reviews)

• I do not do a good job in managing the hours I work - but, the company is not pressuring me to work long hours (in 4 reviews)

More Highlights

Very good company. Fair to their employees.

Former Employee - Lead Assembler in Suwanee, GA
    Former Employee - Lead Assembler in Suwanee, GA

I worked at Menlo Logistics full-time (more than 10 years)

Pros

I admired the honesty of the company.

Cons

I can think of none.

Not bad if you don't like career development

Current Employee - Operations Supervisor in Kent, WA
    Current Employee - Operations Supervisor in Kent, WA

I have been working at Menlo Logistics full-time (more than a year)

Pros

The pay is OK. Menlo tends to pay toward the bottom of the market pay scale to save money for end customers. Work is steady. Hard to get fired. Benefits are standard. There are some learning opportunities for things like Lean. This is more of a starter job than a career if you work in a warehouse.

Cons

Management is aloof. Work is disorganized, and resources are scattered and not very effective. There is very little focus given to projects and drags on for several months or even a year.

Work a little harder when hiring managers. Hiring is a numbers game, but hiring the wrong person for a key position can be hurtful to the organization. It seems then employee enters a sort of marriage relationship with where employment laws govern a potential breakup making it difficult to do so. Meanwhile, morale of other employees suffers and talent begins to leave.

Anonymous

I have been working at Menlo Logistics full-time (more than a year)

Pros

Fast paced company with upside that puts safety first.

Cons

None that I can think of, you will be expected to work hard.

Promote your best people faster.

cbv

I worked at Menlo Logistics

Pros

money is the best motivation in the business

Cons

schedule is the worst thing in the busness

its nice

SAP Support

I have been working at Menlo Logistics

Pros

flexible shifts and overtime

Cons

never hired and liar

Average 3PL Experience

Current Employee - Logistics Planner in Charlotte, NC
    Current Employee - Logistics Planner in Charlotte, NC

I have been working at Menlo Logistics

Pros

Working on site at our customer facility. Management is very "hands-off" when it comes to day-to-day job performance. Pay is solid and job security has been excellent.

Cons

Managers are very "hands-off" in ALL aspects of the job. Nothing really changes for the better or worse regardless of the need. Temp-to-hire took over 2 years to complete. Very little advancement opportunities without moving out of state.

Pay more attention to what the operations needs are and efficiencies will improve. Make temp-to-hire a quicker process.

Great but a struggle to get hours.

Current Employee - Warehouse in Chicago, IL
    Current Employee - Warehouse in Chicago, IL

I have been working at Menlo Logistics

Pros

Great place to work, friendly co-workers.

Cons

Not enough work to consistently get 40 hours per week.

Good experiance ok pay as well but not a lot of opportunity to move up in the company

Former Employee - Inbound in Pataskala, OH
    Former Employee - Inbound in Pataskala, OH

I worked at Menlo Logistics (more than a year)

Pros

Fun work good people to work with. Lots of overtime.

Cons

Sometimes high stress. Lots of mean co workers. And no respect from upper management

Learn to take advise from people that work on the floors every day could help a lot

If you assume all companies underpay and overwork, Menlo has it good.

Current Employee - Transportation Analyst in Aurora, IL
    Current Employee - Transportation Analyst in Aurora, IL

I have been working at Menlo Logistics full-time (more than 3 years)

Pros

1) The flexibility to create your position: I know that jobs will vary, but the professional grade I am in has allowed me to prioritize all my work.

2) Annual goal setting, plus whatever you exceed beyond that, results in merit pay increases beyond the 2 to 4% norm.

3) Flexible dress code: Some customer accounts and departments

4) Bonuses: Company financial targets have resulted in bonuses starting at 7% of your total compensation.
    SOMETIMES, you will not get this. If you don't expect it, you're good to go.

5) Varied positions: If you like Warehousing, Transportation solutions, and Technology, you can go a lot of places in Menlo. The Aurora office is a hub for transportation. The Portland office will house corporate support functions. If you like the truck side, you can always try to go to Con-way Truckload. If you like the LTL side, go to Con-way Freight. If you are in account management, you can always go to a customer. Seen it.

6) Recognition: Know the right folks, and workcenters elsewhere in the company will come to you for input. I have seen subject matter experts from multiple accounts work on the same project successfully.

7) Lots of opportunity to travel and work with many good people in the organization.

8) Lots of change to manage, to include accounts coming and going.

Cons

1) Responsibility is piled on quickly. The company wants as much output without paying for the paygrade. What company does not do this? I am at a paygrade of "2" and have been performing duties and responsibilities consistent with a "4" or "5" for half the time I have been with the company.

2) Some people might get stuck: Turnover has been fairly regular. and pay increases being just enough and frequent enough to keep you off the job market.formal promotion appears rare. For SOME. the only way to get what you should be getting is to leave the company.

3) Health insurance: Cigna has been trash, so has any healthcare been since the inception of ACA.

4) Like any big company, multiple workcenters are doing the same stuff, and nobody can standardize it. This is more hilarious than frustrating.

5) The LEAN stuff seems fake and forced.

6) Figure on some of your annual goals will being unattainable due to operational requirements constantly sucking up your project time. Balance it out by overdelivering your results for the stuff that comes up.

7) All of us are underpaid.

8) The Aurora office has no windows unless you are one of a dozen executives that has a front office.

9) Lots of change to manage, to include accounts coming and going.

Keep the compensation at a level that retains people and mitigates turnover.

Good Company but...

I worked at Menlo Logistics full-time (more than a year)

Pros

Many promotional opportunities in warehousing & Management. Contributions toward Benefit package is not overly expensive for a family. In many locations an abundance of overtime is available during certain peak times of the year

Cons

Upper management does not always listen to the concerns of the workers
    Company expects employees to give more than the company is willing to give back

Listen tot he concerns of the employees even the "little guys" the workers in the warehouse doing the picking, packing. Management should be more flexible particularly in the outlying locations.

Menlo Logistics Photos