Menlo Worldwide

www.con-way.com

Menlo Worldwide Reviews

Updated Jun 13, 2014

Menlo Worldwide President and CEO Robert L. Bianco Jr.

Robert L. Bianco Jr.

Great company to work for, great leadership and opportunities

Logistics Manager (Current Employee) Midwest City, OK

ProsLEADERSHIP, TEAMS AND COMPENSATION ARE FANTASTIC

ConsNothing negative really to say. I love the company and the transportation industry as a whole.

Advice to Senior ManagementConsistency in holding people accountable is very important, fair treatment to all and avoid favorites and politics, please. There have only been some minor hiccups in those areas

Project manager of information tech

Systems IT Project Manager (Former Employee) Portland, OR

ProsPositive growing company with bright future.

ConsVery demanding environment that can impact worklife balance.

Advice to Senior ManagementRemember your staff is your advantage.

It is a big company with all the pros and cons of a big company.

Anonymous Employee (Current Employee) Aurora, IL

ProsThe salary is good, and if you don't get sick, there is plenty of vacation time. They try to have a lot of events to promote socializing with coworkers, and the people are generally easy to get along with.

ConsWork life balance is non existant. Generally your personal needs are not taken into consideration when scheduling working hours and it can be difficult to make this work. 9-hour workdays

1. We want your feedback – Are these company reviews helpful to you?  Yes | No

An excellent place to learn, grow and mature.

Logistics Supervisor (Current Employee) Memphis, TN

ProsUsage of current technology, flexibility to learn multiple jobs, relocation availability, and great overall education.

ConsJob postings are not always done correctly.

Advice to Senior ManagementUpper management should consider it important to look at the site level hierarchy and ensure the right people are in the right roles. A single facet of the site shouldn't become or encompass a persons entire job

Great Company

Logistics Supervisor (Former Employee) Lisle, IL

ProsWork Life balance and Leadership

ConsCareer Growth in the chicagoland area

Terrible

Accounts Receivable (Former Employee) Portland, OR

ProsThe people that I got to work with were very nice and supportive and made it bearable.

ConsComplete lack in training for the role and totally unorganized to provide training.

An interesting, and positive work environment.

Director (Former Employee) Houston, TX

ProsHigh caliber clients with challenging assignments.

ConsOccasionally a little too much outside the box.

Advice to Senior ManagementMore focus on core competences.

Great Company room to advance

ProsGreat as a contract emplyoee vast amout of selgf improvement oppertunities

ConsAmout of time to get hired within the company

Advice to Senior ManagementGreat management...

Good experience but false expectations

Logistics Coordinator (Current Employee) Mountain View, CA

Pros-Work with successful and well-established companies. Some of the biggest names in the industry, and you have the chance to work literally inside of these companies' businesses and learn the practices that made them so successful.
    -Competitive hourly wage, overtime is normal, but at times the hours can be stressful depending on your position.
    -Exposure to a large breadth of the business. Great for new hires looking for experience in the 3PL business.

Cons-If they're hiring you as a contractor they will set false expectations on transitioning you to full-time employment. They told 10-15 people they would hire them in 3-6 months. It's been closing on 12 months, and a majority of those people are still waiting. The worst part is they continuously "lie/mislead" us and tell us that it's coming "soon".
    -Management is mediocre, and provides little direction for those under them. Most of them have been in their position for several years and also look dissatisfied. They also lack initiative and tend to work on routine assignments.
    -If you're under 30, they'll try to treat you like a child. You clock in, tell your manager when you're going to lunch, etc.

Advice to Senior Management-Treat your employees better! You want talent? Incentivize.
    -One of the basic foundations of managing a team is to hold back on criticism and go all out on praise. It is the complete opposite.

Started out great but things went downhill.

(Former Employee) Aurora, IL

ProsWorked with a lot of hard workers who wanted to do the best for the customer. Exposure to accounts within different industries. Empowered to make decisions on your accounts. Good name within the industry.

ConsLack of Technology- most processes are manual,
    Leadership/Communication- no clear direction the company is going. If there is one they do not say what it is.
    Issue Resolution: instead of giving a long term solution to an issue they throw bodies at it. They taught themselves as a Lean company but I failed to see it.
    Lack of Career Growth- no real opportunity to advance. When they did land a new account it seemed they already had somebody pegged for the position.
    401k- they recently put in 2% of your salary once a quarter

Advice to Senior ManagementUpper Management needs to be more involved in the business. Get out there and talk with the customers it goes a long way.

Worked for Menlo Worldwide? Contribute to the Community!