Mental Health Association of South Central Kansas

Mental Health Association of South Central Kansas Reviews

Be The First To
Add Photos

A good place to work.

Attendant Care Worker (Current Employee)
Wichita, KS

I have been working at Mental Health Association of South Central Kansas part-time for more than 3 years

ProsGood management-- bosses aren't unreasonable and don't stand over your shoulders all the time, layoffs are rare, usually plenty of hours to go around, work is not severely stressful or demanding. As long as you do your job, are honest and keep up with your deadlines, you don't need to worry about losing your job due. People don't lose their job due to petty office politics or personal grudges like many other jobs, either. This is social work-- we have bigger problems.

ConsTakes a long time to move up within company, raises are small since it's a non-profit. Supervision is minimal, so have to be proactive if you need help from bosses. Sometimes inter-departmental communication is a little lax.

Advice to Senior Managementnot applicable.

At your own risk.

Anonymous Employee (Former Employee)
Wichita, KS

I worked at Mental Health Association of South Central Kansas full-time for more than 5 years

ProsFocus of the overall company is wonderful.

ConsSeems as if you wear many hats and are expected to do many things that you were not hired to do and/or out of your knowledge to do. Lots of gossip, and back stabbing between employees. They care for the consumers far more then their employees.

Advice to Senior ManagementListen to your employees. Stop the gossip. Help your employees.

Wonderful leadership under now retired CEO who grew agency from 3 employees to 300 employees

Director (Former Employee)
Wichita, KS

I worked at Mental Health Association of South Central Kansas full-time for more than 10 years

ProsOutreach to clents from birth to Aging. A program to help all.

ConsBudget cuts lead to major layoffs.

Advice to Senior ManagementNONe

OK

Anonymous Employee (Former Employee)

I worked at Mental Health Association of South Central Kansas full-time for more than 3 years

ProsThe people that work there are nice and most were great to work with

ConsThe pay could be better in regards to the difficuly of the work.

Advice to Senior ManagementTake care of your employees and the turnover won't be as high

Worked for Mental Health Association of South Central Kansas? Contribute to the Community!

Glassdoor is your free inside look at Mental Health Association of South Central Kansas reviews and ratings. All reviews posted anonymously by Mental Health Association of South Central Kansas employees.