Merced College Reviews

Merced College President Benjamin Duran
Benjamin Duran

Good foot in the door

I have been working at Merced College

Pros

Going to a JC helps in many ways.

Cons

Feel like there aren't enough night classes to accommodate working single parents

Dysfunctional administration

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee  in  Merced, CA
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Merced, CA

I have been working at Merced College

Pros

The health, dental, and retirement benefits and the generous vacation allowance (24 days for management, 12 or more for classified staff depending on time in) are wonderful. The pay is competitive for the area, especially for management.

Cons

The current administration is out of touch with reality. Their complacence has led to us being put on warning with our accreditation agency and it remains to be seen whether they will do what is necessary to ensure our continuing accreditation. The administration seems more concerned with covering their own hides, defending their territories, and preparing for their next jobs than they do in responsibly managing the college.

Quit denying the problems we have and deal with them head on. Try to come up with real solutions and not vague "strategic plans" that have no meaning, no actionable goals, and only a tenuous connection to our current problems. Real solutions require thought and sweat, not buzz words.

Worked for Merced College? Contribute to the Community!