Merced College

Not yet rated.

Merced College President Benjamin Duran

Benjamin Duran

Good foot in the door

ProsGoing to a JC helps in many ways.

ConsFeel like there aren't enough night classes to accommodate working single parents

Dysfunctional administration

Anonymous Employee (Current Employee) Merced, CA

ProsThe health, dental, and retirement benefits and the generous vacation allowance (24 days for management, 12 or more for classified staff depending on time in) are wonderful. The pay is competitive for the area, especially for management.

ConsThe current administration is out of touch with reality. Their complacence has led to us being put on warning with our accreditation agency and it remains to be seen whether they will do what is necessary to ensure our continuing accreditation. The administration seems more concerned with covering their own hides, defending their territories, and preparing for their next jobs than they do in responsibly managing the college.

Advice to Senior ManagementQuit denying the problems we have and deal with them head on. Try to come up with real solutions and not vague "strategic plans" that have no meaning, no actionable goals, and only a tenuous connection to our current problems. Real solutions require thought and sweat, not buzz words.

Worked for Merced College? Contribute to the Community!