Mercedes-Benz Research and Development India

Engaged Employer

Mercedes-Benz Research and Development India Reviews

Updated July 17, 2015
94 reviews filtered by
  • Bangalore, India Area (India)
  • Any Status
Employment Status

Reset
2.6
Mercedes-Benz Research and Development India Managing Director & CEO Manu Saale
Manu Saale

Pros
  • Work Life Balance in many of the projects (in 27 reviews)

• No work pressure because no work (in 12 reviews)

Cons
  • Lowest level work from parent is being shifted to MBRDI in the guise of R&D (in 6 reviews)

• Lot of top management are from Maharashtra and Andhra (in 5 reviews)

Solution Architect

Current Employee - Solution Architect in Bangalore (India)
    Current Employee - Solution Architect in Bangalore (India)

I have been working at Mercedes-Benz Research and Development India full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Work life balance is mostly good Lots of project with some good technologies to learn & work with Flexible timings

Cons

Not a typical IT company Onsite policies & benefits are too low Salary benefits not up to the standards

Junior Engineer

Former Employee - Junior Engineer in Bangalore (India)
    Former Employee - Junior Engineer in Bangalore (India)

I worked at Mercedes-Benz Research and Development India full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

- Work life balance - Facilities provided

Cons

- The department of E & E is not a good place to begin your career as a fresher - Hardly any technical trainings provided for freshers - The more you work here, the lesser are the chances you will be accepted in other similar companies

Advice to Management

- More care must be taken for the freshers. They are the one's who "actually" work. - Please allow them to choose the project, at least give them few options before putting them in a specific project - Concentrate on Quality over Quantity - Don't steer the company towards TCS or any other service company. Try to create a benchmark in automotive domain in Bangalore. - Try to limit the amount of new projects added in a short span of time (Sudden growth is always an over-kill and leads to adverse effects in the future). Take decisions with caution

3. good

Current Employee - Team Leader in Bangalore (India)
    Current Employee - Team Leader in Bangalore (India)

I have been working at Mercedes-Benz Research and Development India

Pros

Work life, No work still onsite

Cons

Management , Policy makers are true jokers

5. Average IT & engineering service provider with the Star.

Current Employee - Senior Lead Engineer in Bangalore (India)
    Current Employee - Senior Lead Engineer in Bangalore (India)

I have been working at Mercedes-Benz Research and Development India full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

You are Lucky, if you join HR, Finance & Security team , if you have reduced significant cost, by increasing CTC through reduction in salary, per-diem at onsite or identified a global opening, you get Mercedes or long term onsite deputation. You are on fast track career growth,if you are in above said teams. Highly recommended teams for career growth aspirants and if you know to market yourself. Good exposure to German work culture, engineering, software development and testing process. In-house corporate team writes good reviews in internet, including this site.

Cons

HR has right to change policies on the fly ,get written assurance on net take home,HR policies and career growth before joining,else you will be taken for a non-Mercedes ride. Long term trust and confidence to be built with German engineers to get involved in challenging tasks and projects. Risk of losing the IT domain expertise & market value sice the technology is not niche.

Advice to Management

Reduce and justify Management overheads, Middle level management needs complete overhaul. They got pampered by the swanky ride. Make sure the tagline "you deserve to drive a Mercedes " is preserved, by reviewing targets and assess goals achieved. Support the CEO ;-).

Management fakes their employees with policies(cheaters)

Current Employee - Software Engineer in Bangalore (India)
    Current Employee - Software Engineer in Bangalore (India)

Pros

work life balance, Lucky people get onsite.Other than that nothing is good here.

Cons

1. No growth in carrier 2. Their policies suck 3. Carrier will be a full stop outside. 4. Initially they told a benefit of 2 Lakh personal loan is available and 12 months is the locking period in the company,and interest part ( @16.25% PA ,BTW market rate is around 12 -14) will be taken care by the company. after 12 months they told we are changing the policy and they added interest to my CTC and said that's your hike and you pay the interest !! , and i missed few opportunities outside in that 12 months and ended up paying 16.25% interest to bank because of these intellectual thinkers. totally feeling cheated by the company.

Advice to Management

Stop cheating and faking your employees ,think twice before you role out any policy.Pay more and get better work from employees.See the market with high standards as well,don't always compare yourself with low standards and say 'we are on par with the market' Please take reviews from employees and act on those,please don,t act as your acting on the comments.

not good

Former Employee - Intern in Bangalore (India)
    Former Employee - Intern in Bangalore (India)

I worked at Mercedes-Benz Research and Development India full-time

Pros

food is good and almost free brand name no work many leaves

Cons

employees are not open minded not much pay too much politics horrible HR department low level work poor career growth and opportunities

Advice to Management

please get some quality work and not just quantity HR should get changed politics and biasness should stop

Blind management, Worst HR Policies, Fake salary structure

Current Employee - Principal Consultant in Bangalore (India)
    Current Employee - Principal Consultant in Bangalore (India)

Pros

To start with it. I would like to tell first that I am working here from 3 years. Why ? Because the technology on which I am working (in here) is outdated so facing challenges in getting job outside. Kind of stuck with the worst and regret on the decision of joining, almost every day of my life. You will see in many positive reviews people have added pros as free Food , free cabs etc. But seriously guys those are not at all pros when we talk about career .I work for a depart which recently(few months back) moved from heart of the city(EGL) to this out station hell. Now below is my list of pros for this review: 1. Chairs(coz people are sitting here from long time like me if you know what I mean) 2. Increase in your weight(coz management love guys who know how to use butter) 3. Compensation on papers(coz what they show and what you get in hand is difficult to understand) - Mentioning this because this year they are using a so called word "RESTRUCTURING" as there secret weapon for cost cutting. You just any question about your salary the answer is same. For EX: Ques1: Why my package on hike letter is too good this year? Ans1: Because we have done restructuring for your compensation so that employee can get more take home salary. Ques2: Why my salary slip shows less amount you promised for better take home salary? Ans2: Response from HR head ..As I told in townhall we have done restructuring for your compensation so that employee can get more take home salary. So you are getting money by other means (component ) but we removed old structure. Confused ? Same with me , so below is the current salary structure which a new joinee can expect Package offered – (1 to 1.5 Lakh) = Gross salary, Take home= Gross Salary – tax – PF – CAB(free only if you are in shifts) – Food(as 100 per month coz of tax issue)

Cons

Seriously after reading all the pros you still need cons. Ok you want it , so list as follows. 1. No growth in career 2. Giving more work means leave your technology experience as they have Excel sheet job for you. 3. Every year they will compare best practices in other companies and resultant will be to fetch whatever worst and corrupt policies available in market. And trust me HR policies gets changed every year. 4. Too much hierarchy, sometime one resource 3-4 reporting manager. 5. Now comes the funnier part every year they will change your designation Name only by saying still they are new to market and want to follow industry standard in this, someone should tell them you guys are in India from year 95 so wake up. 6. Whenever some visitor comes to India some old managers (13 years pretty long time) drops email saying come in formal, don’t go for coffee, don’t take leaves. They should know may be your schooling days are still going on don’t push that on employees.

Advice to Management

As if they care what I want to say. They are living their own heaven. Please guys work on 2 way handshake. When you can force policies to employees, take some time out of your busy schedule talk to employees understand their pain and communicate upwards. Don’t downgrade your standards. Happy employee is a key to success, not buttering managers. A manager is a good manager only if employees respect them not fears them.

9. Review as an intern

Former Intern - Anonymous Intern in Bangalore (India)
    Former Intern - Anonymous Intern in Bangalore (India)

I worked at Mercedes-Benz Research and Development India as an intern (Less than a year)

Pros

Very good work environment and work life balance.

Cons

I did not find any downside.

Advice to Management

Nothing really prominent.

Worst Company to work for. Dont get fooled in name of the brand

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Bangalore (India)
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Bangalore (India)

I have been working at Mercedes-Benz Research and Development India (More than a year)

Pros

Good Transport Facility. Good canteen. You might get to travel sometimes.

Cons

Company cheats employees with their policies (which keeps on changing). Worst department is HR department. Stagnant Growth. Managers are very bad. Its funny but your ctc will decrease with time. (Yearly growth rate is very bad.)

11. life at MBRDI

Current Employee - Senior Validation Engineer in Bangalore (India)
    Current Employee - Senior Validation Engineer in Bangalore (India)

I have been working at Mercedes-Benz Research and Development India full-time

Pros

better brand, less work , peace of mind

Cons

travelling time more , less pay

Advice to Management

no need to adivce them they are already aware of it