Mercedes-Benz Research & Development North America
mbrdna.com Palo Alto, CA 150 to 499 Employees

Mercedes-Benz Research & Development North America Reviews

Updated Apr 14, 2014

Mercedes-Benz Research & Development North America President & CEO Johann Jungwirth

Johann Jungwirth

Awesome Boss! Great Team!

Redford, MI

I have been working at Mercedes-Benz Research & Development North America full-time for more than 3 years

Pros- Work/Life Balance
- Great Benefits
- Learning Opportunities
- Very supportive and involved supervisor who does not micro-manage. Gives me the tools I need to improve myself and my career.
- I feel like my efforts are appreciated and have a direct benenfit to the performance of my work area
- When I visit Palo Alto office, the CEO always takes the time to talk with me and have lunch and/or dinner with me and my team.

Cons- Redford, MI location is not terrible, but not appealing either. Facilities are cramped and outdated
- Coworkers with low morale

Advice to Senior Management- The morale issue must be dealt with. I am isolated from this because I work on a great team, but I see other teams with very low morale.

MBRDNA is an innovative powerhouse

Palo Alto, CA

I have been working at Mercedes-Benz Research & Development North America full-time for more than 8 years

ProsThere are great people that work here. They are smart, hardworking, and fun to hang around with.

ConsIt is hard to state cons. Sure we don't offer free lunches to stuff our faces, but what is more important? Lunch or premium healthcare, 401K with 75 cents to the dollar matching, and a pension plan that rarely exist? Hey Google and Facebook: You know what they say, there is no such things as free lunches.

Advice to Senior ManagementWe look forward to more consistent get togethers and opportunities to interact with the other departments here. I feel like we can learn more from each other. Lets break down the silos!

Very creative company, at the forefront of cutting edge technology and design, great employer

Palo Alto, CA

I have been working at Mercedes-Benz Research & Development North America full-time for more than 10 years

Pros- The company creates outstanding user experience and exterior design for top luxury cars
- The technologies, engineering and solutions are cutting edge, especially from the headquarter in Silicon Valley
- The brands, especially Mercedes-Benz, are well recognized and I am proud working on these great products
- Many opportunities to drive Mercedes cars
- The company has great corporate values and shows big appreciation for the very hard work we are doing
- The company continues to grow very quickly, with many engineering and design jobs being created

Cons- The room to grow is somewhat limited, but still many opportunities are available if you look at the company size

Advice to Senior Management- Please continue to grow, and invest in the U.S., create many more jobs as done in the last three years

Nice place to work

Applications Developer (Current Employee)
Sunnyvale, CA

I have been working at Mercedes-Benz Research & Development North America as a contractor for more than a year

ProsBest work environment, flexible working hours, moderate work pressure.

ConsEntirely automobile oriented development, not much scope on other areas.

Great place to start out, but not a lot of technical knowledge to gain.

I have been working at Mercedes-Benz Research & Development North America

ProsNew, Modern facility and good people to work with.

ConsLot of mundane work with no room for growth. There is little opportunity to gain a full time position when the internship is finished.

Fast paced environment with a variety of project

Software Engineer (Current Employee)

ProsBrand with great reputation and great range of products.

ConsCan't really think of any other than the company size in the US still being rather small. But it keeps on growing

Enjoyable

Redford, MI

I have been working at Mercedes-Benz Research & Development North America as an intern for less than a year

ProsPeaceful environment to work on. Excited to work with electric machines.

ConsKind of compact and lack of communication.

Learn German.

I have been working at Mercedes-Benz Research & Development North America

ProsDiverse workplace, treated as a regular employee

ConsYou have to pay for coffee

Internship at MBRDNA

Software Engineer (Current Employee)
Palo Alto, CA

ProsVery stimulating and relaxed environment. People are very professional and can let you growth quickly.

ConsNot so much cons in the company

Team work

Senior Manager (Current Employee)
Detroit, MI

ProsSmall MI location, many opportunities, mixed responsibilities

ConsNot all Manger are team player, which turn out to be very bad in such a small organization

Advice to Senior ManagementGet rid of the road block or assign a new job ...

Worked for Mercedes-Benz Research & Development North America? Contribute to the Community!

Glassdoor is your free inside look at Mercedes-Benz Research & Development North America reviews and ratings — including employee satisfaction and approval rating for Mercedes-Benz Research & Development North America CEO Johann Jungwirth. All 33 reviews posted anonymously by Mercedes-Benz Research & Development North America employees.