Mercedes-Benz USA

www.mbusa.com

Mercedes-Benz USA Reviews in Montvale, NJ

Updated May 24, 2014
Mercedes-Benz USA – Montvale – “HR Department”

Mercedes-Benz USA President & CEO Steve Cannon

Steve Cannon

Pros
  • Great Benefits - Cars, Medical/Dental, Work-from-home etc(in 5 reviews)

• The company car lease program is great(in 5 reviews)

Cons
  • Work/life balance was the worst(in 3 reviews)

• It is a flat organization so to move up you need to move around departments even if it means working in an area you are not interested in(in 3 reviews)

31 Employee Reviews Back to all reviews

Great Place to a Work

Sales Operations Manager (Current Employee) Montvale, NJ

ProsPremiere company with outstanding benefits.

ConsMain corporate office is in Germany so some challenges in getting product volumes for US market.

Advice to Senior ManagementContinue developing your employees and execute "Best or Nothing" philosophy.

analyst

Analyst (Current Employee) Montvale, NJ

ProsPension, 401k, tuition reimbursement,flexible work schedule in some departments, such as HR ( they don't do much to begin with) Employee leasing programs.

ConsThe quality of life depends on the department you work in. You get survey after survey and if you put anything negative on the survey it is frowned upon. Everyone is related to someone, and you only get promoted if you have the right Godfather. If you work in accounting or sales do not expect to see your family during month end. I have heard of people working well into the morning hours to meet completely unreasonable deadlines set by the masters in Germany. Expats come make a mess of things, take advantage of all the perks then leave.

Advice to Senior Managementstep out of executive row every once in awhile....speak to us little people and see what is really going on. the surveys are not the way to connect with your team try being part of the team. take a walk around the building at 10pm the 1st couple of days of the month and see how many people are still in trying to meet deadlines while staffing continues to be an issue in some departments while others seem to have such an abundance of employees who spend most the day on personal calls, taking 3 hour lunches, and organizing their children's after school activities. Maybe then you will see there are huge discrepancies that exist in quality of life depending on how valuable the company may think you are. I understand the need for cut backs but make it fair, you have people and entire departments that coast while doing the bear minimum and others were the staff is asked not to take lunch.

Continually rewarding. Company stands behind its employees. Always presented with new challenges and growth.

Anonymous Employee (Former Employee) Montvale, NJ

ProsNot micromanaged. Fantastic and interesting projects. Team-oriented company.

ConsLimited upward mobility career-wise. Very good work/life balance. An abundance of holidays and days off. Compensation good.

Advice to Senior ManagementThe organization if very flat. Development exists for current and lateral roles only. Limited upward mobility.

1. We want your feedback – Are these company reviews helpful to you?  Yes | No

Great product

Senior Administrative Assistant (Current Employee) Montvale, NJ

ProsGreat employee lease program and benefits including matching employee savings plan and a pension plan.

ConsDifficult for middle aged employee to advance within the organization. Employee recognition programs are not utilized.

Advice to Senior ManagementRecognize and thank your employees. Programs in place to give token rewards are not being used. A token sign of appreciation is better than no sign of appreciation. Help the employees in your department who want to advance within the organization. To do so is being an effective leader.

Mercedes-Benz high expectations-a little disappointed

Anonymous Employee (Former Employee) Montvale, NJ

ProsGreat company! Great Atmosphere, everyone seems happy with there jobs. Extremely wonderful people

Conscompany Never brings in new management, they promotes from within, contractors/temps never hired and there are many really good workers but you can't even apply from within. Temps treated extremely poorly, not included, feel like outsider and asked to do a great deal of extra work. The managers were great people but do not seem to have management skills, i was quite surprised by the lack of professional atmosphere, at times noisy and distracting people on the floor - open policy so gets very very noisy, people should be more professional but yet enjoy their jobs.

Advice to Senior ManagementTake a look at the policies that are in place, take a look at the big picture and business module, seems to be a lot of excessive spending where there are unnecessary excessive costs. Def can save a lot with the right people in place. Be more aware of employees and unprofessional behaviors. I thought this would be the creme de la creme and was extremely excited to work for what I thought was a very professional and straight laced organization. I was disappointed . Being a temp employee was not a good experience here i never felt more excluded.

Great people to work with

IT Systems (Current Employee) Montvale, NJ

ProsRelatively stable company. Good benefits, great lease programs

ConsChances to advnce are slim - you have to be a "chosen one" in order to move up. Good performance gets you not much

Advice to Senior ManagementStop hiring 'managers' from the outside - they do often more harm than good

Nice team; Common shared vision; Great place to work

Supervisor (Current Employee) Montvale, NJ

ProsGreat Benefits - Cars, Medical/Dental, Work-from-home etc.

ConsLess innovation opportunities within IT

I am an intern at Mercedes-Benz and it is a great experience.

Intern (Current Employee) Montvale, NJ

ProsDirectly working with managers, nice people, always teaching you stuff, overall great experience, cannot complain.

ConsPersonally there was no cons at this company, the one con for me was the commute time but that is just a personal problem.

Great work environment!

Anonymous Employee (Former Employee) Montvale, NJ

ProsMost people who work for MBUSA love what they do, and it shows. It is a great place to work. The employee car program is great, hence why so many drive Benz's!

ConsIt is very difficult to get a job at MBUSA. Since it is such a great company to work for, and the benefits are so good, very few people leave.

Advice to Senior ManagementRe-start the management training program!

A decade LOST

Anonymous Employee (Former Employee) Montvale, NJ

ProsBenefits, some people , except for Most Major Holidays the never close- Snow storms ,hurricanes - you had better show up

ConsWork-life Balance - None, harassment .problems are promoted, leadership is lacking

Advice to Senior ManagementGet rid of customer care management

Worked for Mercedes-Benz USA? Contribute to the Community!