Mercer County (New Jersey) Reviews

1 Rating

1. Good place.

Former Employee - Library Clerk in Trenton, NJ
    Former Employee - Library Clerk in Trenton, NJ

I worked at Mercer County (New Jersey)

Pros

My experience was a great one. If I had not moved away, I would still be employed with them. The atmosphere was a pleasant one and I could count on the people to be working toward the same goals i was.

Cons

I would have liked for the payment to be a little more flexible. The process for requesting time off was tedious

Advice to Management

I think management was competent to a point but I think a little more interaction with the staff would have been great

2. Great place for underachievers

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Trenton, NJ
    Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Trenton, NJ

I worked at Mercer County (New Jersey)

Pros

Good benefits package. Probably typical for a government job, but very good for someone who needs health insurance. Generous leave package 2 weeks vacation, plenty of sick-time. Most of the work is very low pressure. It's a great place if you have limited ambition and are not looking to get ahead. You can basically just keep showing up for 25 years and retire with health insurance.

Cons

Pay is low relative to the private sector. Some of the co-workers are in jobs protected by union or civil service rules and they do very little work. There is limited advancement potential.

Advice to Management

A lot of you are asleep on the job, literally.

RSS Feed </> Embed