Mercer

www.mercer.com

Mercer Reviews in Montreal, QC Canada

Mercer President & CEO Julio A. Portalatin

Julio A. Portalatin

Pros
  • Work/life balance and the best benefits ever, as well as an awesome incentive program(in 63 reviews)

• The ability to work from home when needed is a nice perq(in 16 reviews)

Cons
  • Period of heavy workloads / high opporunity can be a challenging for work/life balance(in 42 reviews)

• Could benefit from a Senior Management overhaul and restructure(in 33 reviews)

3 Employee Reviews Back to all reviews

Great

Actuarial Analyst (Current Employee) Montreal, QC (Canada)

ProsGreat atmosphere to work in

ConsLots of work and travel

Stable work

Employee Benefits Administrator (Current Employee) Montreal, QC (Canada)

ProsNicely located with major league clients

ConsPathetic salary increase over the years

Advice to Senior ManagementLoosing it's best employees by maintaining salaries too low.

Not bad, but not as good as it used to be

Senior Associate (Current Employee) Montreal, QC (Canada)

ProsYou can change to a new job or new location without having to change employers since there are locations worldwide and many different jobs and they would rather keep you with the firm than lose you to the competition.

ConsCulture is more focused on cutting costs and less on keeping people happy and doing a great job for the clients than it used to be -- we still joke about the MMC CEO's speech about losing less expensive pens -- if our time is worth $200+ per hour to the client, why are we wasting our time begging for pens and figuring out on our own or asking consulting colleagues how to fix our technology problems because the IT support is useless?

Advice to Senior ManagementFigure out what is stopping your good people from being more effective (ask them -- but not in those all-employee surveys since nothing ever comes of the results, so many of us who have been here a long time don't bother typing in the same comments to have them ignored again), and they will produce more.

Worked for Mercer? Contribute to the Community!