Merchants Bank and Trust

www.mymbt.com

Merchants Bank and Trust Reviews

2.0

CEO

A great place to be an employee

I have been working at Merchants Bank and Trust

Pros

Excellent customer service with great co-workers

Cons

Location is not ideal for growth

My advice would be to continue to grow and take advantage of the opportunity to grow presented by the current economic conditions and the attitude of big banks toward commercial lending

Was a great place to learn about how terribly an operation can be directed and managed.

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in West Harrison, IN
    Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in West Harrison, IN

I worked at Merchants Bank and Trust

Pros

I honestly can not say much here, though I really wish I could. The bank is very well known in the Indiana community, and that can be a good thing when it comes to new business generation. The bank is also very strong financially and makes sound decisions on lending.

Cons

So much to say here....extremely poor human resources management, employee turnover at 50% in the last three years says a whole lot (especially when there are only 75 employees), three different CEOs/Presidents in the last 18 months (two of which were fired by the board for unknown reasons), unfair and unethical treatment by management to employees, and because of all of this, back-stabbing and distrust is rampant throughout. Do not waste your time here. The job market may be weak right now but your sanity and health are too important to sacrifice.

You have a lot of work hard to do if you want to attract good talent to your company. Start with the basics and treat people with respect and fairness.