Merck

Merck President & CEO Kenneth C. Frazier

Kenneth C. Frazier

1 Employee Review Back to all reviews

A good company

Research Associate (Former Employee)
    Palo Alto, CA

ProsGood people with a focus on the science, and a can do attitude that get projects from "well can this work?" to a final answer. Also, business decisions made by management are implemented quickly, and efficiently with a view towards practicality and reasonableness. Also, the management team explains the purpose of their decisions and what the expected outcome for the company is intended. Top-to-down communication from management team is, in my experience, unparalleled and I know what was going on in other parts of the company on a day to day basis.

ConsThe demand for data is so driving that many of our project due dates seemed to be due the day before we received the project of which always put a great deal of pressure to produce hard data fast which can and did lead to mistakes which caused delays.
    Also, though upper management was very good at information distribution, local management wasn't as forthcoming and so often times we knew what was going on in the greater company more than we did in our own site.
    The last is that unless you have a Ph.D. career advancement opportunities at this company are minimal.

Advice to Senior ManagementCommunication is fantastic from upper management, but local management needs to improve their communication distribution to the same level

Worked for Merck? Contribute to the Community!

Glassdoor is your free inside look at Merck reviews and ratings in Palo Alto, CA — including employee satisfaction and approval rating for Merck CEO Kenneth C. Frazier. All reviews posted anonymously by Merck employees.