Mercy Health Partners

1. Great Place to Be

Current Employee - Registered Medical Assistant in Toledo, OH
    Current Employee - Registered Medical Assistant in Toledo, OH

I have been working at Mercy Health Partners full-time (More than a year)

Pros

The office I work in is like having a big family. good benefits

Cons

wages are a little lower than the rest of the surrounding area

Advice to Management

better pay

2. unknown

I have been working at Mercy Health Partners full-time

Pros

Great clients and patients...also great staff

Cons

A lot of jobs are under paid compared to other hospitals in the area

Advice to Management

More money for staff

3. Certified Medical Assistant

Current Employee - Medical Assistant in Muskegon, MI
    Current Employee - Medical Assistant in Muskegon, MI

I have been working at Mercy Health Partners (More than 3 years)

Pros

There is a great team environment. Everyone seems to look put for their patients first and priorities are right.

Cons

The Pay and the opportunities for raises are not great. My last raise was less then 10 cents.

5. LPN

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in York Springs, PA
    Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in York Springs, PA

I worked at Mercy Health Partners (Less than a year)

Pros

Great patient rating, Treats employees well

Cons

Poor communication skills between staff

Held Hostage by Organized Labor

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Scranton, PA
    Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Scranton, PA

I worked at Mercy Health Partners full-time

Pros

There are very talented people working hard who truly desire to create a wonderful healthcare experience for patients and families. Compensation was fair market value and benefits were generous.

Cons

People here worked very hard, but were constantly under the gun financially with few if any resources to apply to improving clinical quality, patient satisfaction, building a world-class culture, or hiring the best and brightest. There are at least five collective bargaining units and they play mean, old school smash-mouth games that result in HR management being so burdened with avoiding legal problems that there is little gas left in the engine to do anything productive like develop talent, create a strategic staffing plan that weeds out the nurses who have been there too long and stopped caring, or create an amazing patient experience. Management was so preoccupied with counting paper clips and making sure the payroll never carried so much as the smallest fraction of extra FTE expense that they lost sight of important matters such as employee engagement, patient satisfaction, and innovation. Great leaders were impossible to retain because they were never given a context in which to truly do amazing things. When the main focus is on FTE counts and supply expenses great leaders get bored and frustrated. They then leave because they want to be on a winning team, not one that lives in fear of the corporate office and will not invest in organizational development and culture.

Advice to Management

Somehow deal with the labor union issue and create a real talent management plan. Review financial and management practices to ensure talent development and engagement are core investments. Develop a different relationship with the corporate office and labor unions so that the health system is not constantly having to grind gears in pursuit of excellence and develop an awareness of when something has been made as lean as it can be and there is nothing left to trim without destroying the capacity of the organization to function.

7. management

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Cincinnati, OH
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Cincinnati, OH

I have been working at Mercy Health Partners part-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

I get to work the hours that i wanted to work. I am a full time nursing student, and my manage lets me work any hrs that work for me.

Cons

Management does not go to bat for her employees, she just worries about the numbers and the bottom line. There is no fight for the right or benefits for the employees

8. Stna

Current Employee - STNA in Cincinnati, OH
    Current Employee - STNA in Cincinnati, OH

I have been working at Mercy Health Partners (More than 3 years)

Pros

Great benefits, decent pay, friendly co-workers

Cons

short staffing, high turn over

9. RN

Current Employee - RN Staff in Cheviot, OH
    Current Employee - RN Staff in Cheviot, OH

I have been working at Mercy Health Partners full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Competitive pay and incentive pay, benefits

Cons

Lack of comprehensive critical care. For example, no intensivist in house at night,No speech/pt/OT everyday. Big new hi tech facility that operates like a small community hospital.

Advice to Management

Come full circle and require full service patient care 24-7.

10. Mercy Health Monopoly

Pros

Easy to get hired, friendly co-workers.

Cons

I had to leave ON TIME once in three years, instead of staying over. Because of this, I cannot get an interview at any other Mercy Hospital. Since they own most of the hospitals in town, if you screw up (I don't think I did) at one Mercy, you can never work at any other Mercy facility.

Advice to Management

Be fair. If a nurse has to leave at the end of her shift, live up to your motto, which is "there is another shift coming right after yours."

Dysfunctional...majorly

Current Employee - Lab Assistant in Cincinnati, OH
    Current Employee - Lab Assistant in Cincinnati, OH

I have been working at Mercy Health Partners full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Steady paycheck, not much else.

Cons

This company is severely lacking in management. The employees have the upper hand and know it. Management runs scared of those best labeled as "affirmative action employees" so these people can come and go as they wish, disregard all the rules, and intimidate and bully employees who work hard. So many good people have been pushed out (actually, they left knowing there was a better place, and without compromising their ethics) all that's left is the chaff. Salaries are the lowest of any healthcare system in town which makes it hard to attract, much less keep, any talent, leaving you with people forced out/fired from other companies who are willing to work for what you offer because no one else will put up with their shenanigans. Don't try and effect change either; rocking management's boat makes you a target for lies, innuendo and subtle harassment. Gossip and lies are the norm, incompetency is rampant. Stay away!

Advice to Management

The company is way too top heavy. Management needs to work a day in the trenches, see how short-handed and stressed employees are, and then take action to add TALENTED staff, hold people ACCOUNTABLE, and compensate them FAIRLY. This is not a manufacturing environment; these are PEOPLE'S LIVES! The CEO's and presidents of the company are not healthcare providers (i.e., doctors, nurses) they are businessmen. This is a large part of the problem.

RSS Feed </> Embed