Mercy Health System

Add Photos

Mercy Health System President & CEO Javon Bea President

Javon Bea President

Horrible Management= low morale

ED Technician (Current Employee)
    Janesville, WI

ProsRelatively easy to work a lot of hours if wanted. There are a handful of great co-workers in each department.

ConsHorrible wages. Management is a joke. Always understaffed & over worked. Favoritism. Schedule conflicts. DRAMA, every. single. day.

Advice to Senior ManagementDo what they are trained to do (weird)! Delete favoritism. Actually supervise and monitor the employees that are excellent at making themselves look "busy". Build confidence among new hires instead of riding their a** so hard they feel defeated- it makes them less and less eager to impress when they're constantly put down. Actually provide real, solid training. They throw new hires out to the wolves too early because they don't want to cut into their budget and they're always understaffed. Provides an environment where mistakes can easily be made and cost them greater than if they just provided excellent & thorough training. If they hold their employees to a certain standard, than they should too! So when they are constantly screwing up schedules and not correcting certain behaviors within, they never assume responsibility or claim any fault on their behalf. They should be getting write-ups, not those trying to improve the environment and make a difference. Instead the person that peeps up on everyone's behalf gets 'red-flagged' - don't you say A WORD of any disapproval of any kind, they'll make it so miserable at work you are forced to quit. It's childish and pathetic.

Short take on MHS.

Emergency Room Technician (Current Employee)
    Philadelphia, PA

ProsNothing to say at all. Typical work environment.

ConsNothing to say at all. Let the salary speak for itself. This is for a tech with almost 3 years experience.

Very dysfunctional

Receptionist (Former Employee)

ProsStarting pay isn't bad. If you want a lot of hours as part time, you can get them. Part time does work around personal schedules most of the time.

ConsToo many egos and bullies (the doctors and nurse mostly, but some of the receptionist as well). If your not part of the old gang, watch out. You get blamed for everything and told how to do things wrong, then they deny it. People go out of their way to embarrass a person in front of patients. Some locations are worse than others. There are a few that are pretty decent. The formal training, if you can get it, is great. The onsite training is pathetic at best. Large turnover with this place. I talked to the formal trainers about situations (some were HR people) and nothing changes or gets done. One person even told me that some of what was brought up has been going on for years. Good luck if you decide to work there.

Advice to Senior ManagementGet rid of personnel that can't be bothered with policy and start enforcing policy even with the team leads. Team leads can be the worst at bullying. They always defend their long time buddies and make accusations about the new person. Starting listening to the complaints and watch the turnover rates at some locations. Something needs to be done. Smile class should not be for only doctors. Everyone should allowed to take it. Many need it. Employees have been told that if you recommend someone for the smile class, it will cost you the job. WAKE UP AND LISTEN AND PAY ATTENTION.

• We want your feedback – Are these company reviews helpful to you?  Yes | No

Stressful!

Lab Technician (Former Employee)
    Cincinnati, OH

Proshealth benefits, co-workers care about you

Consinaccessible management, incompetent management, lack of accountability from top to bottom, ineffective evaluations, terrible or nonexistent pay raises

Advice to Senior Managementappreciate your people, they make you what you are.

Bait and switch

MOR (Former Employee)
    Sacramento, CA

ProsI liked my co-workers and the paid parking.

ConsSo much drama. I took a temp to hire. The job it's self was easy. It was the high school acting of management. Crazy non stop complaining. I would think twice before having anything to do with this company.

Advice to Senior ManagementStop fighting in front of staff and be more professorial.

The Home Health division is antiquated without evidence based practice guidelines, technology or informed leadership.

ProsCaring environment for the patients. Good benefit package.

ConsHome Health division lacks direction, no physician champions and do not understand revenue cycles.

Advice to Senior ManagementHome Health-re-assess productivity standards, implement standardized evidenced based guidelines, introduce a modern EMR to increase productivity

37 years from Central Supply, Registration, Medical Records to Billing out 2ndary Ins after Medicare rev'd claim.

Patient Account Specialist (Former Employee)
    Janesville, WI

ProsMany different Career Goals to go after.

ConsHuman Relations and Dept management problems towards employees.

Advice to Senior ManagementCheck closer into Directors & Management Positions & their Supervisor relations towards the employees.

Pitiful from day one in department compliments of the lazy department manager

Patient Care Tech (Former Employee)
    Saint Louis, MO

ProsFriendly co workers and good benefits

ConsToo many to list it would be like a novel compliments of the manager

Advice to Senior ManagementTake care of problems when your employees come to you about problems

TOO much inter-office drama and negativity, lack of respect from upper management!!

Patient Registration (Current Employee)
    Janesville, WI

ProsWorking in the trauma hospital, we see so much, which is a great leaning tool. The free classes and educational re-embursement from Mercy is phenominal!

ConsWe are the lowest paid, the least respected in my position, yet we are the first face patients see and we set the tone for their visit. No cost of living increase in 6 years! Very difficult to speak openly with management and human rescources. Many issues get swept under the rug or un-aknowledged.

Advice to Senior ManagementCompensate better, lower the rates we have to pay for Mercys own insurance, a happier employee creates a better environment. Patients can tell that there is an over all dissatisfaction with mercy employees. Thats why there is such a high turn over rate with employees!!!!

It has all gone downhill to expand the hospital at the expense of the employees.

RN (Current Employee)

ProsCo-workers are generally great to be around

ConsManagement only cares about numbers and productivity. No pay increases going on 4 years

Advice to Senior ManagementStart thinking about your employees. Seriously. When the economy pick up your nurses are leaving in droves!

Worked for Mercy Health System? Contribute to the Community!

Glassdoor is your free inside look at Mercy Health System reviews and ratings — including employee satisfaction and approval rating for Mercy Health System CEO Javon Bea President . All 43 reviews posted anonymously by Mercy Health System employees.