Mercy

Mercy Reviews

Updated Jun 29, 2014

Mercy President and CEO Lynn Britton

Lynn Britton

Mercy is truly a wonderful, caring and compassionate organization. I feel blessed to be part of this team.

Director, Health Information Management/Privacy Site Coordinator (Current Employee)
    Mountain View, MO

ProsThere are many reasons that I feel Mercy is an excellent company, however, I will just list a few. #1, they are caring about the patients but also very dedicated to the staff and encourage a positive growth oriented environment; 2, they listen; 3, Both motivation and drive are encouraged and you can be involved in as much of the organization as you want, 4, they strive to advance forward in all realms of healthcare, including virtual medicine, EHR growth and Patient Information.

ConsI really cannot think of many CONS other than like all jobs the pay is equitable but never enough, yet when looking at healthcare as a whole, and comparing to other organizations, Mercy is competitive, especially for the rural communities.

Advice to Senior ManagementJust continue to listen to the coworkers and communicate the growth within the organization.

not a waste

Prospeople there are very nice

Consjobs are tedious and deal with the same things

N/a

ProsChristian environment to work in is nice

ConsStaffing issues/concerns with new staffing grid

Advice to Senior ManagementN/a

• We want your feedback – Are these company reviews helpful to you?  Yes | No

Administrative Residency/Internship

Administrative Intern (Former Employee)
    Oklahoma City, OK

Pros- Very supportive environment
    - Great network of leaders willing to impart their knowledge and skills
    - An organizational culture that is well aligned with its mission
    - Leadership listens to the needs of the intern
    - Relaxed work environment

ConsNone - I enjoyed the practical learning experience offered by Mercy. It was very well-rounded and welcoming. Thank you Mercy.

Advice to Senior ManagementNone at this time

Great Ministry

Emergency Room Technician (Current Employee)
    Ardmore, OK

ProsThis is more than a job, it is a ministry in serving others. The employees are treated like it's a big family, not just 1 of thousands of employees. Daily prayers are shared over the whole hospital. You are encouraged to sit and visit with the patients to help them feel important. They really care about the patients that are in their hospital, they are not just a way to make money.

ConsI can not name any cons at this time. I'm very happy working for Mercy.

Advice to Senior ManagementKeep up the great work that you do!

Working

ProsMission oriented and employees have lot of opportunities to learn.

ConsWork night be a little stressful but overall it is comfortabls

A place like none other.

Oklahoma City, OK

ProsGreat mission, values and ethics. Despit what another review listed, Mercy does not have a "corporate" feel to it, in my opinion. As all things in life, you get out what you put in. Due to challenges in healthcare across the US, there have been changes put in place to insure our ministry is sustainable. Far too often people mistake the desire to sustain our business as "corporate" or "losing what Mercy is all about". You must continue to maintain the balance of ministry and business to carry on the wonderful legacy that is Mercy.
    The leadership in place across all of Mercy understand this challenge and do a wonderful job of balancing these two difficult tasks.
    An excellent place to work and I can only hope that I can one day retire from this incredible organization.

ConsDue to the steady growth over the last several years, there have been some difficulties with communication and structure operationally. However, I feel this is due to the exponential growth across the state of Oklahoma.
    It would be nice to have more money for merit increases/raises.

Very rewarding and fulfilling opportunity.

Education (Former Employee)

ProsEnvironment of "family", supportive leaders and peers, education driven, all-embracing culture.

Constend to be slow to change, slow to share communication through-out system

Advice to Senior ManagementReealize the great employees on staff, say "Yes" to more of their input, less regimented politically

Amazing mission driven organization, sorry I had to relocate.

Human Resources (Former Employee)
    Springfield, MO

ProsEmployees are treated with respect. Tons of benefits. Truly live up to their mission statement. Fun environment, like family. You really feel as you are making a difference in the lives of patients, employees and the community.

ConsPhysicians can occasionally be difficult to deal with as an employee, but patient care is exceptional. Seeing people in the elevator as a co-worker when they have treated you as a patient can be a little embarrassing sometimes.

Awesome place to work. they really care about their

Anonymous Employee (Former Employee)

ProsGreat, strong culture. Very low turnover.

ConsStrong religious affiliation. A pro for some, but can be uncomfortable at times.

Worked for Mercy? Contribute to the Community!

Mercy Videos

Mercy – Why Work for Us?

Transforming the Health of Our Communities Mercy is the sixth largest Catholic health care system in the U.S. and serves more than 3 million people annually. Mercy includes 33 acute care hospitals, four heart… Full Overview

Provided by employer [?]

Glassdoor is your free inside look at Mercy reviews and ratings — including employee satisfaction and approval rating for Mercy CEO Lynn Britton. All 50 reviews posted anonymously by Mercy employees.