Meredith Corporation Reviews

• Full-time
  • Part-time
Employment Status

Reset

A very nice environment with a strong collaborative spirit

Former Employee - Sales Executive in New York, NY
    Former Employee - Sales Executive in New York, NY

I worked at Meredith Corporation full-time (More than 5 years)

Pros

I worked with some of my favorite people in the business and looked forward to going work everyday. It was really all about the people.

Cons

After multiple rounds of shocking layoffs, the morale is low. It also remains a bit stagnant since print isn't integrating fast enough with digital. There is limited growth and learning potential since most middle management positions have been removed.

Advice to Management

Need to find new ways to motivate staff and promote growth and learning to keep top talent.

Could be better.

I have been working at Meredith Corporation full-time (More than a year)

Pros

The workplace is mediocre. Work/Life balance wasn't terrible. I enjoyed the colleagues I have met there.

Cons

No opportunities to grow. Layoffs. Lots of movement in executive positions while editorial staff dwindles down. Small teams expected to take on more work with same pay and no bonuses or annual increases.

3. Meredith has an amazing life/work balance culture.

Former Employee - Account Manager in New York, NY

I worked at Meredith Corporation full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Meredith is an extremely smart company. They know how to function in a cost effective manner, unlike Time Inc (which is probably why they are on the decline). The are extremely organized and are fair .

Cons

The pay here is not great, but I would always pick having a happy life over one with more money. They have tons of parenting titles yet they do not provide women any benefits when going on maternity leave.

Advice to Management

Keep doing what you are doing.

5. Good company overall, midwestern values. Been around for 100+ years so they know what they are doing.

I have been working at Meredith Corporation full-time (More than a year)

Pros

decent pay for the hours you work normal working hours collaborative cares about health and family promotes from within Good niche market

Cons

Old school mentality mass layoffs due to the company being public people have not heard of the company too many responsibilities due to layoffs

6. Great Corporation to Work For

I have been working at Meredith Corporation full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

The people who work here are incredibly nice, innovative and allow room for experimentation and growth. Health/wellness benefits are fairly good.

Cons

Meredith is a publicly traded company, so mass layoffs are not uncommon. Staffs are generally small, which can contribute to a semi-difficult work-life balance. But the employers themselves, in my experience, have never been forceful about staying in the office more than necessary.

7. Was a great company before the constant layoffs

Former Employee - Account Manager in New York, NY

I worked at Meredith Corporation full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

The work hours are fair and many of the people I worked with were nice people. Also good benefits.

Cons

The magazine business is shrinking and the upper management always seems insulated from the layoffs even though just one of their salaries would save probably 5 jobs.

Advice to Management

Stop firing sales people. They make the company money. Start looking in the mirror and seeing that some of you need to go.

8. Digital is not pivotal here.

Former Employee - Graphic Designer in New York, NY
    Former Employee - Graphic Designer in New York, NY

I worked at Meredith Corporation part-time (Less than a year)

Pros

Happy hours, pretty close to Grand Central. Most everyone is easy going and nice. The renovated office space is modern and spacious.

Cons

Digital Marketing is old school and leadership in this department is very nice. If you're not willing to play the game, don't bother coming here. Hourly pay isn't on par with what the industry pays.

9. Great experience yet gets repetitive and boring too fast

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

I worked at Meredith Corporation full-time (More than a year)

Pros

the people and company culture as well as the benefits

Cons

the people - if you're not at the top, its very hard to get noticed and recognized for your work

Advice to Management

look within more often. you're missing out on a lot of talent just because you dont make the time to get to know people

10. Each location is different

Current Employee - Local Manager
    Current Employee - Local Manager

I have been working at Meredith Corporation full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

Great benefits with unique features, decent pay, and mostly good employees. Very family friendly and encourages a work life/family balance.

Cons

Your experience will vary widely depending on which location you are at. Corporate management is very slow to react to real crisis. Some markets have very, very poor upper management which has a trickle down effect to all departments and personnel. Do your research on local management before accepting a position.

Advice to Management

Invest in innovation and put real resources behind keeping up with your competition.

11. Great group of people

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

I worked at Meredith Corporation full-time (More than 8 years)

Pros

I worked here for nine years and would have stayed if the magazine I worked for hadn't folded. I did not meet one mean person the entire time I worked here. The work-life balance is excellent.

Cons

The health insurance got very expensive. I worked on the editorial side, and it was hard to move up. Staffs are VERY lean.

RSS Feed </> Embed