Merge Healthcare Reviews

Updated August 22, 2014
Updated August 22, 2014

2.9

Justin C. Dearborn

Pros
  • In engineering you work with some great people (in 4 reviews)

• Working with the eClinical division has been quite a ride (in 3 reviews)

Cons
  • Especially in middle and upper management (in 8 reviews)

• Senior management only likes those who talk a lot, but not those who act a lot (in 4 reviews)

More Highlights

Work Environment

I worked at Merge Healthcare

Pros

Very busy but collaborative environment. Management is responsive and willing to assist with resolving customer related issues when necessary. A very team oriented company. Competivie pay scale and favorable benefit package

Cons

Difficult to establish and maintain a good work/life balance.

eClinical Transition

Current Employee - Manager  in  Raleigh, NC
    Current Employee - Manager in Raleigh, NC

I have been working at Merge Healthcare full-time for more than 3 years

Pros

Great local leadership with vision. Being part of a team that is transforming an industry is very cool. The company has been very patient with our group as we developed and rolled out a new platform. I beleive our division is now very profitable and has turned the corner in the past 18 months.

Cons

Work environment is not everyone depending on your psoition. You should expect to work past 5 PM a few times a month and may a few hours on the weekend if a customer project demands it. Customers can be very time sensitive in this industry and we have a customer first mentality that sometimes requires extra hours.

Continue to keep employees informed of our overall progress and achievments and rewrd employees for extra effort.

Innovation, Leadership and a career

Current Employee - Director  in  Raleigh, NC
    Current Employee - Director in Raleigh, NC

I have been working at Merge Healthcare full-time for more than 3 years

Pros

Merge is a fantastic place for those who perform and create value. I've love working here. I get plenty of support from my manager. The company's products are best in class and market adoption has been phenomenal.

Cons

The company has grown quickly and acquired lots of offices and staff. While we are cleaning up fast and optimizing, need to continue pushing quickly.

Continue publicizing the great success our products are having in the market place. Continue investing in key talent employees.

4. We want your feedback – Are these company reviews helpful to you?  Yes | No

Place to Grow!

I have been working at Merge Healthcare full-time

Pros

You are a part of technology and healthcare...2 industries that booming in this sluggish economy! Tons of room for growth in this company and managers that always have an open door.

Cons

The only con I can think of is we are growing fast (good problem to have)! It can be a con if you're not ready to hit the ground running in a growing company

Continue to support us

Satisfied employee

Current Employee - Software Developer  in  Hartland, WI
    Current Employee - Software Developer in Hartland, WI

I have been working at Merge Healthcare full-time for more than a year

Pros

I like my job, my co-workers and manager.

Cons

Witnessing inter-departmental friction is frustrating, especially at this time of the companies evolution. I'd like to see some accountability in middle management and more oversight of it by upper management. Too many times I've observed what I feel is management agenda driving decisions rather than the health of the company.

Gain more visibility into what is happening at lower levels of operation in the company and assist in pulling department heads together to affect and enforce change.

Technical Support Analyst Daytona Beach

Former Employee - Technical Support Analyst I  in  Daytona Beach, FL
    Former Employee - Technical Support Analyst I in Daytona Beach, FL

I worked at Merge Healthcare full-time for more than a year

Pros

This is a great place to work if you like working in a sweatshop. Low wages, long hours including 12 hour mandatory weekend shifts. The good thing is you are swamped with 100s of dissatisfied customers calling you.

Cons

Their management staff is ridiculous, they stink, they ride their employees, with no pay, no bonus and the workload is EXTREMELY HIGH, beyond what a normal work routine. Similar to a sweatshop. They treat their employees horribly

I wouldn't work here if you paid me, listen to your employees, because the way you treat your employees is the way they will treat your customers. Im surprised your still in business. The lowest ranked company everywhere

It's a game of politics and favorites..if you dont brown nose you won't be able to climb up the ladder

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee  in  Chicago, IL
    Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Chicago, IL

I worked at Merge Healthcare full-time for more than a year

Pros

-The Chicago office is very convenient to work in..love the location.
    -Fun co-workers to work with..with exception to a few.
    -Free sodas, water, tea, and treats around the office. Totally spoiling the employees which make it okay!

Cons

-Overwork employees for low pay
    -Senior management only likes those who talk a lot, but not those who act a lot
    -In order to succeed you'll need to brown nose your way to management otherwise you won't get noticed
    -Senior mgmt has their own agenda. They don't care about their employees
    -Merit increase is a joke...work as hard as you like, do as much as you can, but you won't get far

Take care of your employees!

Must be the worst place in the world to work!

Former Employee - Manufactureing  in  Hartland, WI
    Former Employee - Manufactureing in Hartland, WI

I worked at Merge Healthcare full-time for more than 3 years

Pros

Good benifits, nothing else really to speak of. If you were part of the team that they wanted to keep after the merger they knew who you were if not you were dead to them!

Cons

Upper Management has really no idea of what is really going on, they are always just looking to stay alive and keep there own job. All hail the Corporate Office everyone else is just window dressing for show. They do not do their due dilligence prior to their mergers and sometimes get caught with their pants down!

Respect the ones that really earn the money for the Company, and that is not in Chicago!

A broken business

I have been working at Merge Healthcare full-time for more than 3 years

Pros

- Ok comp and benefits (must negotiate comp and benefits - they will offer low to begin with).

Cons

- Senior management/executive management cannot be trusted. Each seem to have their agenda and may not necessarily align with others.
    - Senior management is reactive - not until something is broke and the company is beginning to lose customers that they will do something about it. Like hiring the resources needed to do the work.
    - Many in management are not cut out to be managers - no experience or the training needed to be effective in their positions.
    - No career path. From what I've seen, this company's MO is to get as much out of the employee as possible, until they quit or their manager quits, then a career path may open.
    - I gave this company a chance and stayed for at least 2 years. 2 years of being overworked, frustrated at not having resources to do my job, and doing what I can to keep things afloat in my area of responsibility and getting good reviews...what do I get in return? A joke of a bonus and a joke of a raise (<2% in 2 years). My significant other nearly left because of the amount of time I spent at work to do a decent job. No incentive to do well, no incentive among other employees to do well either.

- Clean house, senior management should be people with a unified vision with other executives that can stabilize then grow a business.
    - Spend some money and hire the resources you need. Don't wait for a threat before acting, be proactive.
    - Train your managers.
    - Trust your mid-level managers, train them to do their jobs, and don't micromanage them.
    - Identify your top talent and groom them. Have a career path for them that grooms them to be effective future managers.
    - Take care of your top talent and go-getters. They are going to work until things get done, and if they are overworked, get them help or they will leave.

Ugly behavior by Management Who Look to Stick Blame on Anyone They Can Find

Former Employee - Finance  in  Hartland, WI
    Former Employee - Finance in Hartland, WI

I worked at Merge Healthcare full-time for more than 3 years

Pros

The staff is nice. The commute in Wisconsin is not bad.

Cons

Executive and senior management are beyond bad

At this point...not much to say. Only people left are those who can't find work elsewhere.

Worked for Merge Healthcare? Contribute to the Community!