Meridian Business Support Reviews

Reset
3.2
Mark Mitchell

1. Only job in recrutiment, been here 8 years

Current Employee - Branch Manager in London, England (UK)
    Current Employee - Branch Manager in London, England (UK)

I have been working at Meridian Business Support full-time (More than 8 years)

Pros

Been at Meridian Business Support for 8 years since leaving University. Grown from Trainee Consultant to Branch Manager in that time. They invest in people, reward loyalty, and give you clear, realistic progression. Unpressurized, relaxed atmosphere where success is rewarded. Never have the feeling that someone is looking over your shoulder all the time. Plenty of 'extra curricular' activities including yearly awards do, football tournaments, go karting and more!

Cons

It is a hard job with long hours, but that's recruitment for you. The fast paced environment can mean your day runs away from you, but as long as you work hard and stay on top of things, the rewards are worth the stressful days.

Advice to Management

Keep being visible and contactable. Listen to staff and take their concerns / advice on board as to how to continue moving the company forward.

2. I worked as a temp and found my skills under utilised. The work offered was very basic but that goes with temp work.

Former Contractor - Temp in Birmingham, England (UK)
    Former Contractor - Temp in Birmingham, England (UK)

I worked at Meridian Business Support as a contractor (Less than a year)

Pros

Reasonable salary, reasonable distance to travel and short notice suited me well.

Cons

Poor communication and difficult to get in touch with the recruiters if any issues arise such as with pay.

Advice to Management

Improve communication channels.

3. Construction division is full of poor internal communication and extremely unprofessional to client.

Former Employee - Recruitment Consultant in Altrincham, England (UK)
    Former Employee - Recruitment Consultant in Altrincham, England (UK)

I worked at Meridian Business Support full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

Very relaxed environment Friendly consultant-level staff Good HR teams

Cons

Poor management throughout the company Lots of 'visions' but no actual support to make them a reality Real lack of industry knowledge- operate like all large agencies- to make money however possible rather than through relationships

Advice to Management

Work closer to your staff Improve bonus structure Train more on markets rather than the recruitment industry itself - no one has any idea!

Meridian is a great place to work

Current Employee - Central Services in Manchester, England (UK)
    Current Employee - Central Services in Manchester, England (UK)

I have been working at Meridian Business Support full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

Flexible working is encourage You receive a day off for your birthday, which is amazing! Meridian have support me during my pregnancy and I feel confident through the way my colleague have returned to work that this will continue when I return from maternity leave. Meridian have also supported me through acquiring various professional qualifications.

Cons

Sometimes people are asked to hot desk but they like to have their own space. The broad range of products and services that Meridian supplies can make my job more complex

Advice to Management

Ensure employee feedback actioned to benefit all employees and make improvements.

6. Good. But. Short sighted. Rewards Average

Former Employee - Manager in London, England (UK)
    Former Employee - Manager in London, England (UK)

I worked at Meridian Business Support full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

Training. Flat structure. Awards dinners. Generally a good bunch of people. Very much plodding along. Very helpful hq team. Directors contactable.

Cons

Rubbish management. Experience of discrimination. Meridian health was managed by a ridiculous team of people who were like a group of school girls.

Advice to Management

Sort it out. And you'll have a class place.

Won't compete with bigger names

Former Employee - Recruitment Consultant in Newcastle upon Tyne, England (UK)
    Former Employee - Recruitment Consultant in Newcastle upon Tyne, England (UK)

I worked at Meridian Business Support full-time (More than a year)

Pros

-individual line managers allow a good level of flexibility

Cons

-way too much in-house politics -poor commission structure -debt collection side way too quick off the mark- destroys had won client relationships

RSS Feed </> Embed