Meridian Health Services

CEO

Non-Profit Mental Health Agency

Current Employee - Master's Level Therapist in Muncie, IN
    Current Employee - Master's Level Therapist in Muncie, IN

I have been working at Meridian Health Services full-time (more than an year)

Pros

Provides mental health services, addictions services, services to children, adults, & families. Provides primary care physician services as well as psychiatric services.

Cons

Low salaries. Long hours are expected. High productivity standards.

They Just Do NOT Care ABOUT ANYTHING BUT MONEY

Current Employee - Case Manager in Muncie, IN
    Current Employee - Case Manager in Muncie, IN

I have been working at Meridian Health Services full-time (more than 3 years)

Pros

Not many..... some flexibility, great co-workers,

Cons

management doesn't care, horrible insurance, horrible salary

Give the people who make your company all the money a raise. The bonuses are taxed so much they are totally NOT WORTH IT. The bonus the CEO makes is more than 5 or 6 of your workers make in a year. This job pays less than retail or FAST FOOD. The clients come first- because they make the money. Never mind the employees. Our insurance is horrible, in fact, our clients get better health coverage than we do. But it is all about saving Meridian money. It's like we don't even matter. The average BC who makes their productivity brings in AT LEAST $120,000 a year. There are 20-30 BCs. Yet, with experience, we barely make $28,000 a year to deal with horrible managers, a company that doesn't care about us and people that would rather pick on our dress code than care about what we do for a living. I am sorry, who wants to look "professional" when our job is anything but?! You want me to wear business clothes to take someone around who gets bed bugs in my car? Who I have to help clean their home? That is ridiculous. Get to know the jobs you are requiring people to work, and then stop complaining about the way we dress. It is good to know we are so dispensable. You wonder why everyone leaves this department? It's because we work 50+ hours to make money for the management to have nice clothes, houses and things... while we deal with the BS. Try giving us a raise. We have college degrees and are qualified. What is the point of staying when you are giving us a few dollars above minimum wage (once we factor in our damage to cars, clothes and overall sanity, it's nothing). And thanks for the insurance. So many of us are without medications now, for you to save some money, it is ridiculous. Way to go Meridian. Pushing us out the door.

Lacking quality training

Former Employee - Behavior Clinician in New Castle, IN
    Former Employee - Behavior Clinician in New Castle, IN

I worked at Meridian Health Services full-time (less than an year)

Pros

Bonuses if you meet the quota of hours billed. Flexible hours and can do billing at home.

Cons

Low pay. I had very little training on how to run groups, but overall it was a good environment at first. Once management changed everything went downhill. A therapist became our manager and she didn't even know how to do her own job. She would often come to our office to ask how to do something like write a suicide plan. The management dresses inappropriately by practically showing all of their cleavage, which is not good for someone who is there to counsel the mentally ill.

Consistency...if you change management responsibilities then communicate expectations to the newly assigned manager so there are no conflicts with the staff.