Meridian Health Services

• Any Status
Employment Status

Reset
CEO

1. Rapidly growing organization, which is causing some "growing pains"

I have been working at Meridian Health Services

Pros

Meridian Health Services has a strong desire to support their community and they do things right by their clients, which is the main reason for the rapid growth. They are a progressive community health agency that is always seeking ways to improve their services, policies, and overall organization. The company is finally making a strong effort to promote employee growth (clinically and professionally), while also providing great quality services to communities in which they serve. Events like the "Fam Fest", "Lights at the Gresham Center", and Rialzo make Meridian Health Services stand out as an organization who cares about their communities.

Cons

Even though there has been a recent push to improve working environment, pay scales, and work/home life balance, company wide policies and restructuring can take many months to implement. The delay in implementation can cause expectations , which leads to frustration.

Advice to Management

Take the bull by the horns, gather evidence to support/discourage movement, and pull the trigger (ambiguity leads to uncertainty and concern, which impacts job performance). Make the business aspect of the organization more prominent, which will increase profitability and allow more flexibility in altering pay scales. With higher pay scales, more employee incentives, and the already present emphasis on quality client care, Meridian Health Services could reduce turnover which in turn would improve client care.

2. Team Leader

Current Employee - Team Leader
    Current Employee - Team Leader

I have been working at Meridian Health Services

Pros

Possibility for bonus depending on program's success. Professional development available for training. Flexible schedule. Good PTO package that increases over time. Promotes within. Many locations.

Cons

No raises. Significant travel required depending on location of program and building availability.

They Just Do NOT Care ABOUT ANYTHING BUT MONEY

Current Employee - Case Manager in Muncie, IN
    Current Employee - Case Manager in Muncie, IN

I have been working at Meridian Health Services full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

Not many..... some flexibility, great co-workers,

Cons

management doesn't care, horrible insurance, horrible salary

Advice to Management

Give the people who make your company all the money a raise. The bonuses are taxed so much they are totally NOT WORTH IT. The bonus the CEO makes is more than 5 or 6 of your workers make in a year. This job pays less than retail or FAST FOOD. The clients come first- because they make the money. Never mind the employees. Our insurance is horrible, in fact, our clients get better health coverage than we do. But it is all about saving Meridian money. It's like we don't even matter. The average BC who makes their productivity brings in AT LEAST $120,000 a year. There are 20-30 BCs. Yet, with experience, we barely make $28,000 a year to deal with horrible managers, a company that doesn't care about us and people that would rather pick on our dress code than care about what we do for a living. I am sorry, who wants to look "professional" when our job is anything but?! You want me to wear business clothes to take someone around who gets bed bugs in my car? Who I have to help clean their home? That is ridiculous. Get to know the jobs you are requiring people to work, and then stop complaining about the way we dress. It is good to know we are so dispensable. You wonder why everyone leaves this department? It's because we work 50+ hours to make money for the management to have nice clothes, houses and things... while we deal with the BS. Try giving us a raise. We have college degrees and are qualified. What is the point of staying when you are giving us a few dollars above minimum wage (once we factor in our damage to cars, clothes and overall sanity, it's nothing). And thanks for the insurance. So many of us are without medications now, for you to save some money, it is ridiculous. Way to go Meridian. Pushing us out the door.

5. Non-Profit Mental Health Agency

Current Employee - Master's Level Therapist in Muncie, IN
    Current Employee - Master's Level Therapist in Muncie, IN

I have been working at Meridian Health Services full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Provides mental health services, addictions services, services to children, adults, & families. Provides primary care physician services as well as psychiatric services.

Cons

Low salaries. Long hours are expected. High productivity standards.

6. Lacking quality training

Former Employee - Behavior Clinician in New Castle, IN
    Former Employee - Behavior Clinician in New Castle, IN

I worked at Meridian Health Services full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

Bonuses if you meet the quota of hours billed. Flexible hours and can do billing at home.

Cons

Low pay. I had very little training on how to run groups, but overall it was a good environment at first. Once management changed everything went downhill. A therapist became our manager and she didn't even know how to do her own job. She would often come to our office to ask how to do something like write a suicide plan. The management dresses inappropriately by practically showing all of their cleavage, which is not good for someone who is there to counsel the mentally ill.

Advice to Management

Consistency...if you change management responsibilities then communicate expectations to the newly assigned manager so there are no conflicts with the staff.

RSS Feed </> Embed