Meridian Senior

Updated November 5, 2014
Updated November 5, 2014
2.3

Tana Gall

This is a great company to work for.

Current Employee - Care Partner in League City, TX
    Current Employee - Care Partner in League City, TX

I have been working at Meridian Senior full-time (less than an year)

Pros

Meridian offers benefits to the employees and wants quality care for their residents. They work with you for days off needed for personal needs. They also offer tuition reimbursement.

Cons

As a caregiver the job can be physically demanding especially when dealing with heavier residents.

Look for employees who have stable work history and call former employers for references.

Staff Accountant

I have been working at Meridian Senior

Pros

almost none. This Company is almost privately owned so the partners only care about how much money can they earn. They pay staff accountant next to nothing.

Cons

low pay. No one cares about what you have done but what you haven't done yet.

WOW ME!

Former Employee - Executive Director in Houston, TX
    Former Employee - Executive Director in Houston, TX

I worked at Meridian Senior full-time (less than an year)

Pros

The residents and families are wonderful.

Cons

The are not truthful at all. I was never informed that I would have to spend my own money to keep the building a float. It has been 4 months and I still have not received my money back. They do not pay their bills either. Several vendors would come in at the front desk and tell the Receptionist that the water bill has not been paid in months. The lawn service was not paid for 6 months. The RDO says that's not true. They received notice that there school taxes were delinquent. They hire anyone to take care of these residents. They do not drug test at all. The fire alarm system was out of compliance for 2 years. The grease trap was not emptied for 15 months. Carpet is nasty. Beds are being made with dried urine on the sheets. The care is awful. They have gone through 7 Executive Directors in less that 2 years. I feel bad for the families. Do not move anyone here ever.

Quit lying to possible ED's. Then quit lying and hiding behind them to CYA. The poor census had nothing to do with the ED. The families can't stand Meridian because you lied to them. Spend some money on your buildings for peats sake.

Residents make your day.

Former Employee - Anonymous
    Former Employee - Anonymous

I worked at Meridian Senior full-time (more than an year)

Pros

The residents and families. Full time work.

Cons

Management doesn't listen to employees.
    Complaints go unresolved.

Listen more to employees they are the heart of your business.

Very disappointed

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Tomball, TX
    Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Tomball, TX

I worked at Meridian Senior full-time (less than an year)

Pros

I can see no pros working at the community where I did. I can not speak for the overall company.

Cons

Very poor management. I felt like I did not get the training I needed to do the job I was asked to do at the community. Staff to resident ratio is unacceptable we never had a full staff due to walk outs, call ins and terminations constantly. "Supervisory" staff were not certified in any field and were not effectively helping to mentor and work with direct care staff

Corporate level management team not the regional director needs to be present and investigate this community. Too many quality of care issues are not being addressed and too many staffing issues.

Not a good company to work for

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Tomball, TX
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Tomball, TX

I have been working at Meridian Senior full-time

Pros

Love the residents and families

Cons

Not one person knows what they are doing.There is no organization what so ever.The employees are bullied by management.....ordered to come to work sick or hurt or they will be terminated.We have no nurse to pass meds....the aides are trained to pass them which to me does not seem legal at all,if it was,why is it necessary for people to go to nursing school?? The aides are not certified or trained in any CPR or any other fields that arise from the elderly. Half the time when we do need to call the nurse or management we get yelled at for calling and they stop answering they stop answering their phones.They really need to get it together and put some people in there that know what they are doing.I could do a better job of running this place then the management we have in there now.

Get it together and take care of your employees instead of letting your so called management bully them.Show up and see what is really going on....take the time to talk to your aides and other staff one on one so they feel free to tell you the truth.And truly listen because you are losing a lot of good people because they can't have a life outside of work.They are forced to come to work on their days off because they get threatened if they don't they won't have a job.Please take care of ALL Your staff!!!

The WOW Experience is in action everyday!

Current Employee - Executive Director in Carrollton, GA
    Current Employee - Executive Director in Carrollton, GA

I have been working at Meridian Senior full-time (more than 5 years)

Pros

Everyone deserves a great life.....Meridian stands behind our mission and core values

Cons

Not being able to fully help everyone you come in contact with.

Don't ever let the standards drop when it comes to the mission and values

Negative

I have been working at Meridian Senior

Pros

growing company with various opportunities in many states due to continuous expansion.

Cons

Senior management doesnt listen to employees cares or concerns. Alot of dissatisfaction amongst front line staff.

Focus on employee retention

Growing company, but limited career potential

I have been working at Meridian Senior

Pros

The home office is small, and it's easy to get to know everyone. The accounting and human resources staff members are friendly and inviting.

Cons

The management of the company is getting better. However, the company has grown less quickly than it could have because of lack of experience among the management.

The company needs to look outside of the local pool of job applicants to find the best people to help the company succeed.

Cool place to work. Corporate needs to be more visible.

Current Employee - Director
    Current Employee - Director

I have been working at Meridian Senior

Pros

Wonderful residents to work with.

Cons

Corporate is never available for staff.

Interact with your staff