Merion Matters

Ann Kielinski

19 Employee Reviews Back to all reviews

Happy I made the change!

I have been working at Merion Matters full-time for less than a year

ProsGreat work life family balance. Extremely friendly staff who try to do their best by each other in a sales environment where sales reps can increase their client base and earn. Consistently trying to do right by clients and give them options that work. Working towards change to carry them into next generation.

ConsSmall family owned company with some quirky proccesses but nothing you can't work with.

Advice to Senior ManagementKeep trying new things - to adapt and change takes time and investment.

Great group of collaborative people all working to drive new business

Current Employee (Current Employee)

I have been working at Merion Matters full-time for more than a year

ProsNew management team is all on the same page to improve business and it is working
Hard work is appreciated and there are opportunities to earn good commissions and bonuses
Employees are treated with respect
Management takes the time to build a team and train them properly
Employees opinions and ideas are acknowledged
Very collaborative environment
Flex time is available for almost everyone

ConsSome people like to complain and can spread rumors, but that you find everywhere

Advice to Senior ManagementKeep up the good work. The training and time spent with new and old employees is working and things are improving

A Great Learning Experience

Manager (Current Employee)

I have been working at Merion Matters full-time for more than 10 years

ProsFlexible work schedule, better than average benefits & salary, can be very fast-paced & competitive, lots of opportunity to contribute new ideas & to be part of the change if you want to, wonderful people to work with and an interesting, continuously evolving work environment. Great for someone who really loves to work, learn & take on new challenges.

ConsTakes a little while to earn extra vacation time, some corporate objectives may be a little unrealistic, overall communication and direction could be improved.

Advice to Senior ManagementBe willing to listen to your people, recognize the need for positive change early, be less reactive & more proactive, consider being more open with regard to company direction.

We want your feedback – Are these company reviews helpful to you?  Yes | No

Sinking Ship!!

Senior Creative (Former Employee)

I worked at Merion Matters full-time for more than 5 years

ProsNothing. No one cares about you.

ConsEveryone in charge is driving the place into the ground!

Advice to Senior ManagementFire them all

The dark days are now behind

I have been working at Merion Matters full-time for less than a year

ProsFlex time, a new sales management team, bosses treat their staff with respect.

ConsStill seeing some of the effects of the lean years but it looks like that hard work and restructuring might be making things for the better again

Advice to Senior ManagementTrust your team. Keep hiring and supporting smart, energetic people who are interested in building a career and not just pining for the old days.

Paper Based (magazine) Company trying to go digital- Too little too late

Inside Sales Representative (Former Employee)

I worked at Merion Matters full-time for more than 10 years

ProsMerion Matters offers Professional, Corporate environment. It offers good corporate benefits and a clean professional office setting.

ConsStarting in the 80's, all company revenue came from Help Wanted ads sold in their magazines. (Who looks for jobs in magazines now?) To stay in the game, this paper based company sliced,diced & sheared it's way to a digital format, many were lost. New directions now include a promotional merchandise sector. Also, low pay scale

Run away! This place is awful!

Anonymous Employee (Former Employee)

I worked at Merion Matters full-time for more than 8 years

ProsUsed to be a great place to work with good benefits and pay. Then the recession came and senior leadership did not have the capacity to adapt.

ConsLow morale brought on by multitude rounds of layoffs. No raises for numerous years. Closing magazines and consolidating websites. Company owners do not care about anyone and treat employees like children.

Advice to Senior ManagementSell the company to someone who cares about healthcare publishing.

A once great publishing company

Manager (Current Employee)

I have been working at Merion Matters full-time for more than a year

ProsGreat people and the print magazine that is produced is of high quality.

ConsThe days of print magazines are coming to an end. Technology needs to be allowed to spend money to achieve this. Too many directions and lost opportunities. The sales people have left after 10 years because they can no longer make money. Sad......

Advice to Senior ManagementChange with the times or partner with a company that can.

Too many layoffs. Unsettling.

Sales Representative (Former Employee)

I worked at Merion Matters full-time for more than 8 years

ProsThere really are none. Honestly. It has gone from what once was a decent company to one that is not at all.

ConsLack of direction. Morale seemed to be at an all time low. No clearly defined roadmap or seemingly competent people to take the company in a new direction. Company does not offer stock options to (at least that I am aware of) any employees except the owners. If they decide on some random Tuesday to get rid of 10-15 people in the workforce, they do, and seem to pretend it didn't happen.

Advice to Senior ManagementIf you're laying off, you don't get rid of people based on salary. You should keep top performers. This company seriously needs to close up shop.

the end is near

Senior Account Executive (Former Employee)

I worked at Merion Matters full-time for more than 10 years

ProsFlexible work hours & reasonable rates for medical coverage

Consno leadership, company decisions are made week by week.

Advice to Senior Managementask employees for opinions and ideas. Stop doing business as usual, and design SEO/SEM strategies

Worked for Merion Matters? Contribute to the Community!

Glassdoor is your free inside look at Merion Matters reviews and ratings in King of Prussia, PA — including employee satisfaction and approval rating for Merion Matters CEO Ann Kielinski. All 19 reviews posted anonymously by Merion Matters employees.