Merit Medical Systems Reviews

Updated August 14, 2014

2.9

Merit Medical Systems Chairman, President, and CEO Fred P. Lampropoulos
Fred P. Lampropoulos

Good company to work for

I have been working at Merit Medical Systems full-time for more than 3 years

Pros

Great company culture, everyone is like family. The hours are flexible, benefits are good. It feels good to be part of a company that really wants to make a positive difference in peoples healthcare experience.

Cons

What can I say? Its a federally regulated environment, that means lots of paperwork and documentation. This can be a good and bad thing. Occasionally the company seems more focused on shareholders that employees, but that is a reality of the modern world we live in. Enough shareholders are fickle and childish to make an impact.

I have spoken with top management a few times, and always come away with the impression that they are dedicated to building a strong company with a focus on the future. The CEO has great personal investment in the products that we make and he treats his employees like family.

fyi

I worked at Merit Medical Systems full-time for more than 10 years

Pros

Family values seem important, less so the closer to the top you are.

Cons

CEO EGO lack of true leadership.

The company cares about you.

Current Employee - Engineering Technician IV  in  South Jordan, UT
    Current Employee - Engineering Technician IV in South Jordan, UT

I have been working at Merit Medical Systems full-time for less than a year

Pros

Fred, the CEO really cares about all employees and will bend over backward to make sure that everyone has the resources they need to do a good job. On site medical clinic. Good cafeteria. Very focused work environment.

Cons

The company is growing fast and there is a lot of change. I was moved out of my desk to different locations 5 times in the first month I worked here

4. We want your feedback – Are these company reviews helpful to you?  Yes | No

Its a good company to start off. For students

Current Employee - Team Leader  in  South Jordan, UT
    Current Employee - Team Leader in South Jordan, UT

I have been working at Merit Medical Systems full-time for more than 3 years

Pros

Work is easy, fridays off, a lot of overtime if needed,

Cons

No raises, no bonuses, early schedule 4:30 am - 3 pm

Less nepotism

Great co-workers and flexibility with schedules

Former Employee - Regulatory
    Former Employee - Regulatory

I worked at Merit Medical Systems full-time

Pros

Flexibility, steady paycheck. CEO is a fearless leader and knows how to foster good work from his people. The secret to success at Merit is to make the CEO happy.

Cons

No career advancement; management not interested in developing employees or establishing career pathways; managers often aren't qualified to be managers (i.e. limited people skills, guidance, and knowledge); rampant cultural favoritism and nepotism. Hard work and dedication are rarely acknowledged; deviation from the dominant political affiliation should be kept to oneself.

Develop and invest in your employees. Show appreciation for their efforts. The company will benefit greatly from this.

Excellent co-workers, poor work-life balance and senior management very distrustful

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee  in  Malvern, PA
    Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Malvern, PA

I worked at Merit Medical Systems full-time for more than a year

Pros

People who work there are great, direct manager was willing to teach and train you, they encourage lateral moves within sites/departments.

Cons

No chance for growth in the same career path, Nickle and dime every second of your PTO. Absolutely horrible inclement weather policy. They do not allow to work from home even for those that can perform their work remotely. Too many after-the-fact policies. They are incapable of addressing issues specifically without generating another even more confusing policy. High turnover rates. CEO micro manages all projects and personally has to sign all ECNs which makes approvals processes very long. Obsolete technologies for employees.

Please try to have a retention policy, I did not want to leave but was not even asked if there was something they could do to keep me.

Great workplace!!

I worked at Merit Medical Systems

Pros

Whole environment is very nice and helpful!

Cons

Nothing really. Really enjoyed working there.

Hostile work environment, low pay, promises broken

Current Employee - Document Control  in  South Jordan, UT
    Current Employee - Document Control in South Jordan, UT

I have been working at Merit Medical Systems full-time for more than 10 years

Pros

Pay check every other week, clean work environment, great people to work with.

Cons

Very hostile work environment, managers, supervisors not educated, people skills are not good. Managers show favoritism to some donot treat each employee the same. No raises given, need to change positions to get a pay raise. HR allows managers to mistreat employees, they backup Managers even when they have done wrong. CEO and board members only care about their own pockets and forget they promised there hard working employees pay raises and bonus's right before Christmas (Oh yah your not getting one ) Fred only likes to hear his own voice and always makes it sound likes he's doing us a favor because we have a job and were a dime a dozen and if we don't like it there's the door.
    Drunk supervisor but the Manager doesn't do anything about it .

Be honest, be fair, treat us hard working employes with respect, and acknowledge our hard work. Don't be a hypocrite, don't hold us to a higher standard than your work ethics are below par.
    Stop all the jokes that are not funny, your not funny, we laugh because we have to your our boss but your not funny.

Been with the company for almost 9 years.

Current Employee - Director  in  South Jordan, UT
    Current Employee - Director in South Jordan, UT

I have been working at Merit Medical Systems full-time for more than 8 years

Pros

Great company. works with you on any issues, personally, financially. Great Opportunities!!!

Cons

Don't get the 24th of July off, but not a deal breaker!

Keep up the good work!

Good Company

Current Employee - Marketing  in  South Jordan, UT
    Current Employee - Marketing in South Jordan, UT

I have been working at Merit Medical Systems full-time for more than 3 years

Pros

Good culture, fair managers, competitive pay for local market, good products, growth oriented.

Cons

Company could do a better job of sharing with Marketing and Sales reps what future looks like.

Better communication on short and long term information. Better systems for sales and performance information at sites.

Worked for Merit Medical Systems? Contribute to the Community!