Merit Medical Systems Reviews

Fred P. Lampropoulos

Malvern facility

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Malvern, PA
    Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Malvern, PA

Pros

Clean facility and good lean manufacturing

Cons

Hostile environment, operations management-bully. Very clicky people and groups. Poor leadership in Malvern office. HR unhelpful.

Advice to Management

Environment is unhealthy, bullying by upper management.

2. Assembler

Current Employee - Assembler in Salt Lake City, UT
    Current Employee - Assembler in Salt Lake City, UT

I have been working at Merit Medical Systems full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

I like the people I work with.

Cons

The pay is too low and the insurance is too too high.

Advice to Management

Work on better insurance and pay.

3. Pee-on at merit

Pros

Sometimes Fridays and Saturdays off. Always Sunday.

Cons

Unfair work environment. Low pay. No respect from office personnel. No incentives. Discrimination. Low pay, low pay, low pay etc......

Advice to Management

Quit treating the clean room workers like trash. We are the reason you are making the big "bucks".

If offered a position don't take it unless you are starving and homeless

Current Employee - Machine Operator in South Jordan, UT
    Current Employee - Machine Operator in South Jordan, UT

I have been working at Merit Medical Systems full-time (More than 8 years)

Pros

Your days off will be the best part of your week and unless they add more weekends to the calendar you won't have enough

Cons

See the pros comments for insight into what is in store for you if you ignore this post and I will say I told you so

Advice to Management

Stop stepping over dollars to pick up dimes

Hostile work environment, low pay, promises broken

Current Employee - Document Control in South Jordan, UT
    Current Employee - Document Control in South Jordan, UT

I have been working at Merit Medical Systems full-time (More than 10 years)

Pros

Pay check every other week, clean work environment, great people to work with.

Cons

Very hostile work environment, managers, supervisors not educated, people skills are not good. Managers show favoritism to some donot treat each employee the same. No raises given, need to change positions to get a pay raise. HR allows managers to mistreat employees, they backup Managers even when they have done wrong. CEO and board members only care about their own pockets and forget they promised there hard working employees pay raises and bonus's right before Christmas (Oh yah your not getting one ) Fred only likes to hear his own voice and always makes it sound likes he's doing us a favor because we have a job and were a dime a dozen and if we don't like it there's the door. Drunk supervisor but the Manager doesn't do anything about it .

Advice to Management

Be honest, be fair, treat us hard working employes with respect, and acknowledge our hard work. Don't be a hypocrite, don't hold us to a higher standard than your work ethics are below par. Stop all the jokes that are not funny, your not funny, we laugh because we have to your our boss but your not funny.

CULT

Current Employee - Sales
    Current Employee - Sales

Pros

It's a job . . .

Cons

The owner is like a cult leader! Once he is on his podium and has his captive audience, he just talks about himself and what he can buy to increase business at Merit, rather than face the reality of the marketplace and/or products and competition. He will always get on his soapbox to talk about politics, and you better listen to his beliefs and preferably agree with him! All management is full of "yes men" and if you don't agree with management, then you will not be heard!

Advice to Management

Reality check of marketplace and competition. Quit hiring yes men and your own relatives to "run" this company! A little diversity is a good thing!

It's a Cult of Personality with a dim long-term future

Current Employee - Engineering
    Current Employee - Engineering

I have been working at Merit Medical Systems full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

CEO genuinely cares about folks and has the discretion to invest in areas with determination, Probably a great place to be an operator

Cons

If you're not Mormon, you have limited career prospects. All decisions are made by CEO and while he demands diffused accountability and business processes, he surrounds himself by yesmen. Never worked with more bozo's in my career. There is no salary review process, so dont expect to ever see a raise.

Advice to Management

More career advancing Training, Institute an annual salary review, Identify and nurture talent,

terrible company / not innovative products

Pros

Hmmm . . . let me think

Cons

Me too products! Fred buys companies/products without thinking of consequences to sales force. Many are not even market leaders and therefore customers aren't interested. I honestly think he buys companies to buy them. Give that money to your employees! Oh, pay sucks and no raises! Competitors definitely don't even consider us a threat! We sell on price only, not quality!! Your hard work is never appreciated and it will never be enough!

Advice to Management

Support your team and have a backbone! Quit kissing Fred's ass and being a team of "yes men"!!

Very dissatisfied for awhile.

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Chester, VA
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Chester, VA

I have been working at Merit Medical Systems full-time

Pros

I really enjoy the work and helping patients and hospitals with our products.

Cons

Pay is low and raises are few and far between. Management is a joke. It is their way or the highway. Period. We are not appreciated for our hard work. It is all about numbers to them. They want us to cross train and do two or three jobs but aren't willing to increase our pay. They preach about teamwork but they punish everyone for the misdeeds of a few. Oh and we have to sign a pass to go to the bathroom. Is this elementary or what? Go to the people that are abusing the rules. Dont make us all suffer.

Advice to Management

GET A BACKBONE. Speak up for us....and go straight to the people that are breaking the rules instead of punishing us all. And listen to us once in awhile. If your way isn't working, listen to a few of our suggestions...after all we are the ones that have to work together. Stop making us babysit co-workers that are not fit to even be working with us. Stop showing favoritism and then claim you don't.

11. Worst company I have ever worked for!

Former Employee - Sales
    Former Employee - Sales

I worked at Merit Medical Systems full-time

Pros

None! I truly am trying to think of one. I did meet many life long friends that share my views of this company.

Cons

CEO uses every chance he can to get up on his soap box and if you don't bow to him, your days are numbered. All upper management are people that have proven they worship him. All upper management want yes men (or woman). If you are a sales rep with a proven track record coming in, throw all your experience and proven techniques out the window and be ready to be Meritized! Health insurance sucks! Pay sucks! To many me too products! Buy random products and fail horribly at launching them!

Advice to Management

Allow people to be themselves. Scripting sales calls will not work. Every situation in the field is different.

RSS Feed </> Embed