Meritage Homes

Meritage Homes Chairman and CEO Steve Hilton

Steve Hilton

2 Employee Reviews Back to all reviews

Build good homes but....

Anonymous Employee (Former Employee)
    Austin, TX

ProsDelivered quality homes to the customer. Support staff was top notch. We were given the freedom to get what we needed done without micromanagement.

ConsThere was too much upper management turnover. We had 4 managers in a 2 year span.
    Too much emphasis put on customer surveys.

Advice to Senior ManagementStabilize management structure and dont worry so much about customer surveys. They have no value if you give them everything in the world just to get a good score.

Do not bother unless you like micro management

Sales (Former Employee)
    Austin, TX

ProsIt is a pay check, very good office staff

ConsMicro management is just the start. They have a new way of doing things every week and most of the time none of it works. The upper management is a total joke including the CEO. The field management is not much better. Where they get the ideas for policy changes is anyone's guess. Most of the employees are looking for other jobs and/or not wanting to be there. They have no trust in any employee. The turnover rate is one of the highest I have ever seen.

Advice to Senior ManagementQuit being micro managers. Trust the people around you, most of the good ones are gone so try to keep what you have. Not everyone is out to screw the company. Not everyone needs to be treated the same.

Worked for Meritage Homes? Contribute to the Community!

Glassdoor is your free inside look at Meritage Homes reviews and ratings in Austin, TX — including employee satisfaction and approval rating for Meritage Homes CEO Steve Hilton. All reviews posted anonymously by Meritage Homes employees.