Meritas

Be The First To
Add Photos

Meritas CEO Mac Gamse

Mac Gamse

It is great place to work.

Educator (Current Employee)
Houston, TX

I have been working at Meritas full-time for less than a year

ProsSmall work setting is nice.

ConsThe pay is not too great.

Advice to Senior ManagementManagement is great and supportive.

Poor culture, absent executive leadership, no career path.

Staff (Former Employee)
Northbrook, IL

I worked at Meritas full-time

ProsFree beverages and food. One week of free vacation during holidays.

ConsThe leadership team on the finance and operations side is terrible. Its a place where one error can lead to a dismissal; as so many leaders were let go. Though I left amicably, it haunts me how so many left after me were leaders/people who really cared. The culture is absent; employees have no pride there because the turnover has been ridiculous. Associates consistently go over their supervisor's heads to get themselves an edge, because they are scared. Upper management does not provide any feedback other than the normal private equity excuse that they better get it done. The President of the company claims he left larger companies to come to Meritas for the relationships, but his door is always closed and he's not personable at all. Associates frown the minute they are in there; there is no bonus plan for associates (people who give it their all so leaders look good). Turnover for a company with less than 30 associates (at HQ) appears to be 50%.

Advice to Senior ManagementIts been one of the worst run companies in the north suburbs, recruiters are even scared to recommend the company. The place needs a new culture, new leadership.

Very revenue driven

Teacher (Former Employee)
Coconut Creek, FL

I worked at Meritas full-time for more than a year

ProsGreat facilities and co workers.

ConsCompany doesn't address school security issues.

Change is needed...

Anonymous Employee (Former Employee)
New York, NY

I worked at Meritas full-time for more than a year

ProsWork/Life Balance
Young workers makes for nice environment
Great Location in NYC

ConsNot enough Diversity amongst staff
Should have a discount for employees children to attend school
Management is very one sided not open to changes and people different from them. Their way or no way is the right way.
Internal communication needs improvement
No open door policies

Advice to Senior ManagementLearn more about diversity, and embrace others that are different, and be open to different points of views. The school will continue to stay at a stand still if you keep bringing the same types of people on board and expect a change.

Not happy with the management of the school or how much employees are paid compaired to other schools.

Teacher (Former Employee)
Gilbert, AZ

I worked at Meritas

ProsIt is a small environment with a low teacher to student ratio. The hour of work were great Monday to Friday 6 hours a day.

ConsIt is a very expensive private school but very low budget for the teachers to use for school supplies etc.

Advice to Senior ManagementManagement needs to put a lot more effort into acknowledging the performances of ther staff. Also, be more competative with salaries.

Worked for Meritas? Contribute to the Community!

Glassdoor is your free inside look at Meritas reviews and ratings — including employee satisfaction and approval rating for Meritas CEO Mac Gamse. All 5 reviews posted anonymously by Meritas employees.