Merrill Lynch

Updated Jul 27, 2014

3.5 1,112 reviews

Merrill Lynch President & CEO of Bank of America Brian T. Moynihan

Brian T. Moynihan

Pros
  • Decent work/life balance(based on your work area) Good (not great) benefits(in 42 reviews)

• learned a lot about client management in a high assets environment(in 36 reviews)

Cons
  • The work-life balance is definitely a con(in 22 reviews)

• long hours work life balance leaves only work work can be boring sometimes and can be too overwhelming sometimes(in 32 reviews)

1,112 Employee Reviews

Great Company

ProsGood people; management cares for employees

ConsLocation is in the middle of nowhere. Long commute for most people

Great place to start off a career in financial services.

Registered Participant Representative (Former Employee) Jacksonville, FL

ProsSomewhat flexible schedule, decent pay, great benefits (vacation time, insurance, 401k.) Merrill pays for all of your training to get Series 7 and Series 66 licenses.

ConsEveryday is the same. You talk to people about their 401ks, pensions, or stock options. I felt like a robot after time having the same conversation with different people over and over. You're on the phone all day too which was ok some days and dreaded others.

Advice to Senior ManagementNothing management could really do to make the experience better. The cons are just the nature of the position. Management was very accomodating if I needed to be out or wanted time off.

Great co-workers, unfair annual review grading system.

Registered Client Associate (Current Employee) Salt Lake City, UT

ProsGreat empolyees. Good oppertunities for growth. Good benefits.

ConsInsane expectations for registration. Company policies do not always line up with every line of business.

Advice to Senior ManagementDo not base client associate progress off of their FA's progress. Completely unfair when a CA works hard and has a stubborn FA that doesn't want anything to do with company changes.

1. We want your feedback – Are these company reviews helpful to you?  Yes | No

Wealth Management Intern

Global Wealth Management (Former Employee) New York, NY

ProsFlexible, easy going office environment

ConsLow pay for interns, a lot of time on the phone

Advice to Senior ManagementTeach interns information more in depth

Great Company!

ProsProvided on the job training. Very flexible hours for students who are working part time

ConsThey no longer provide students with tuition reimbursement,

Great Place to Work

Business Analyst (Former Employee) Jacksonville, FL

ProsI was involved in back office work and it was fun and easy to get my work done and still have time to work on new things as well.

ConsSometimes, the work was monotonous, but I mean, what job doesn't have that?

Advice to Senior ManagementThanks for a great place to work and an opportunity to move my career forward.

Experience working at Merrill Lynch has been rewarding.

Registered Private Wealth Associate (Former Employee) Newport Beach, CA

ProsWorking alongside other Registered Associates has been very rewarding, bouncing best practice ideas back and forth, and just working together in general. Associates are very professional and are always willing to assist.

ConsSome of the advisors may be difficult to work with but management takes the frustration away most of the times. One needs to build a tough skin to deal with some of the advisor personalities.

I good place to work-

Registered Senior Client Associate (Former Employee) Lexington, KY

ProsVery forward thinking and the technology is first rate.

ConsManagement is distant at times.

Advice to Senior ManagementN/A

Absolutely Awful; Forced to Lie on Employee Satisfaction Surveys to give the company good ratings

Assistant Vice President - GWIM (Current Employee) Pennington, NJ

Pros-what pro's the management lies about everything

Cons-compensation
    -no advancement
    -all earnings go to someone other than the people doing the work

Advice to Senior ManagementAll of you are the lowest grade of human beings alive. You are dishonest, treat people like machines, and encourage fights between team members. Also provide actual training be for you throw your employees to the fire and then blame them for not knowing what to do.

Great

Financial Advisor (Current Employee) Berkeley, CA

ProsGreat Training Program. Supportive Staff. Assigned Mentors.

ConsYou have all the tools to access but you just have to take the time to learn it all and it really is the type of field where you get what you put into it

Worked for Merrill Lynch? Contribute to the Community!