Merrill Lynch Reviews

Reset
4.4
Merrill Lynch President & CEO of Bank of America Brian T. Moynihan
Brian T. Moynihan

Pros
  • Good work life balance & no access to email or systems outside the office (in 50 reviews)

• Learned a lot more about what being a FA really entails (in 43 reviews)

Cons
  • The work-life balance is definitely a con (in 23 reviews)

• Long hours or very early hours can be exhausting specially when you are interning during school semester/quarter (in 37 reviews)

1. Intern

Former Intern - Complex Management in Pittsburgh, PA
    Former Intern - Complex Management in Pittsburgh, PA

I worked at Merrill Lynch as an intern (Less than a year)

Pros

Great learning environment, great team. Training was also a major highlight.

Cons

Not many company perks.

Advice to Management

Keep up the good work!

2. Intern

Former Intern - Intern in Pittsburgh, PA
    Former Intern - Intern in Pittsburgh, PA

I worked at Merrill Lynch as an intern (Less than a year)

Pros

Great experience, I worked inside the office a for a manager. I had a variety of task which mainly consisted of just basic task work that he needed done.

Cons

Didn't learn to much from a financial side of things, wish I would of learned the different finance positions there are out there instead of just small tasks

Advice to Management

Incorporate more financial work such as meetings with other types of employees around the office and what they do on a day to day basis as well as some possible hands on work for me to learn.

3. An excellent experience that opened me up to the wealth management industry!

Former Intern - Wealth Management Intern in Pittsburgh, PA
    Former Intern - Wealth Management Intern in Pittsburgh, PA

I worked at Merrill Lynch as an intern (More than a year)

Pros

Great exposure to senior financial advisors and management. Worked one-on-one with wealth management group financial advisors and client associates. Management offered sound advice and were wide open to formal and informal conversations throughout the office. The culture cultivated a pristine and honorable environment that I enjoyed working in throughout the two year internship.

Cons

As one of a few interns throughout the office, there were not many people my own age.

Advice to Management

Have more structured branch activities involving interns to "ease" up on the conservative financial services culture that can be seen from out viewpoint.

5. Please Communicate

Current Employee - Collector in Pittsburgh, PA
    Current Employee - Collector in Pittsburgh, PA

I have been working at Merrill Lynch

Pros

The best reasons to work for Merrill Lynch is the compensation and benefits.

Cons

The downsides are that the management do not communicate appropriately with employees to allow the employees to excel in the workset. Also the changes are a constant and with the many changing occurring at same time management does not assist the employees in being able to keep up with the policy changes and even penalize with decrease in bonuses due to the uncertainty of the changes.

Advice to Management

My advice to senior management would be to start to discuss one on one with the employees these policies and proceedures to not put in place policies and proceedures that make the job more difficult to do.

Showing 4 of 1,449 reviews