Merritt Woodwork

Be The First To
Add Photos

Michael Merritt

Good Company to work for

ProsGreat people to work with and everyone is open to new ideas

Consnone right now all is good and very supportive to the role in and am able to offer expertise as needed

Advice to Senior ManagementKeep up the great support for your employees

bad company

Cabinetmaker (Former Employee) Mentor, OH

Prosgo group of assembly workers there thats all

Conswork alot horrible management huge disconnect from management to employees

Advice to Senior Managementget your heads out of your rear ends your burning your business to the ground your employees hate you

IT Technician

IT Technician (Former Employee) Mentor-on-the-Lake, OH

ProsEric Jerome was a excellent supervisor and the employees really made me fell welcome.

ConsThe company has a history of misleading potential employees into believing they would make it through their probationary period even though they have no intent on keeping you more than 10 weeks. Beware...

Advice to Senior ManagementBe Honest when recruiting.

1. We want your feedback – Are these company reviews helpful to you?  Yes | No

One of the most frustrating places on earth

Anonymous Employee (Former Employee) Mentor, OH

ProsPay comes every week without fail and is accurate, working hours have been constant and predictable. The air quality for a wood shop is great, Most of the workers are great craftsman and were some of the best people I have ever worked with.

Cons50 to 60 hrs a week ...every weak is too much. wages are far below work expectations. The style of management uses fear, and manipulation to control employees. There is no advancement or program within this organization for growth of employees, kind of like a dead end .. Manufacturing processes are not stable every one in low to mid range management changes standards procedures at any time. Respect courtesy and professionalism is not present neither is leadership,

Advice to Senior ManagementGet off your ego trip, go back to school learn the difference between management and leadership. You are missing out on the most valuable resources you will ever see, and most will never return.

60+ work per week

Anonymous Employee (Current Employee) Mentor, OH

Prosgood health dental & vision benefits.

Conswork work work....... no family time

Challenging and rewarding

Anonymous Employee (Current Employee) Mentor, OH

ProsProducts, People, Commitment to quality and desire to grow and reward people. It's been a tough market since 2007 and the company continues to search for ways to improve efficiencies to reduce costs so as to share those savings with associates.

ConsMarket we compete in has gotten further challenging. Price erosion has led to reduced margins that are below 2008 levels.

Advice to Senior ManagementContinue down the path begun last year; continue to engage associates to find answers and improvements for our processes and the internal issues.

Times are tough, it's better than nothing

Manager (Former Employee) Mentor, OH

ProsThey do very high quality woodworking for a very small but elite market. The pay and benefits for the most part are fair.

ConsThe executive team is very disconnected from the production work force. It is a second generation company that is riding their laurels, but because of quality issues is on a fast track to disaster.

Advice to Senior ManagementTheir either needs to be a larger separation from the brothers with an intermediary, or the brothers need to get on the floor and actually listen to the employees. Walking around and pulling the Jekyll and Hyde routine isn't productive at all.

Worked for Merritt Woodwork? Contribute to the Community!