Merry Maids

www.merrymaids.com

Merry Maids Reviews

Updated Jul 22, 2014

Robert Gillette

It's not just about cleaning.

House Cleaner (Current Employee) Charleston, SC

ProsNice people, not micro-managed, weekly pay checks, flexible work environment, stable and reliable work, vacation benefits are nice, tips.

ConsHard work, very physical, must be detail oriented, must be able to complete schedule in proper time frame, driving from job to job can get old.

Advice to Senior ManagementMake sure to take care of your employees.

Management doesn't care

Team Member (Former Employee) Hopkins, MN

ProsBeing pretty fit after working there for a while due to the hard work. Easy job to get due to their desperation. Some people will tip you pretty well and are very nice.

ConsThe wages, the management and the drama. Some places you will have to clean should be condemned.

Advice to Senior ManagementCare a little more about your employees that work so hard for you and don't promise wages the employee will never see upon hiring.

maximum output, minimum payout

Team Captain (Former Employee) Renton, WA

Prosyou get paid per house you clean, so the more you can do in a day, the more you can make. meet lots of people, make friends with clients in their homes, and with your team mate.

Consvery hard physical labor, they will burn you out, use you up, and ask for more. no opportunity for raises, or moving up in the company. They have a strange policy of not allowing office staff to be friends with the cleaners. manipulative training tactics....they reimburse you for mileage, they say its for "general wear and tear on your vehicle" but its pennies; meanwhile the miles keep racking up.

Advice to Senior ManagementBe more appreciative to your employees (in the form of larger paychecks!!!) they bust their butts for your company, make the customers want to keep your service, and you don't give them much for their blood sweat and antiperspirant!!

1. We want your feedback – Are these company reviews helpful to you?  Yes | No

Less than ethical cultural challenges.

Senior Management (Current Employee)

ProsSteady employment. Job security is there as long as you are happy with staying in the same positions for a very long time.

ConsNot the most ethical company. Too many changes without notifying the workforce.

Advice to Senior ManagementStop trying to "one over" the compensation of middle management. Honoring commitments should be a priority.

I loved this company until I worked for the Huntsville AL office.

Supervisor, Trainer, Team Member (Former Employee) Huntsville, AL

ProsPaid holidays,and vacation after a year.Love the customers! I worked for Merry Maids in Colorado and Hawaii both were ran very well,management did a great job.When you care about your customers and workers it shows!

ConsThe con to Merry Maids is the Huntsville AL office,the owners are shady and only care about their bottom line.They send girls out to clean with little training,and don't drug test like they are required to.The houses are often under price and if your commission for the day is less than minimum wage they still only pay you the commission.They have had girls out as late as 10 pm! They often aren't honest about how much you can make and advancement within their office.They are quick to write you up if a customer complains but rarely give any praise.If you are a outstanding cleaner, your hard work with be rewarded with you going to fix all the houses the other workers mess up and the hardest customers to please will end up as yours.They don't treat their customers any better.They don't pay to fix things employee's damage, more than one customer has had to sue them.

I love working here

Housecleaner (Current Employee) Nashville, TN

ProsI feel like Im at home every morning I come in to work. I look forward to having time with my coworkers in the mornings before we head out to clean. I never have any issues with getting time off if needed. They are really focused on making sure we have enough houses to earn a good living, but they also stress the importance of maintain our personal lives outside of work.

ConsSometimes the work load can be tiring both physically and mentally.

Advice to Senior Managementhire more people but make sure they are willing to handle their share of the work

Awful.

Anonymous Employee (Former Employee)

ProsThey do offer paid time off after a year. Holidays are also paid after ninety days, but most companies offer this.

ConsLong hours, pay not what promised. They use you untilvthey no longer need ypu then discard you like trash. The most unethical place i have ever worked. When you need to get off early for doctors appointments you are given a guilt trip. All they care about is the almighty dollar not the employee. One employee had a nervous breakdown from the stress of working here.

Not everything it's chalked up to be

Team Captain (Former Employee) Beverly, MA

ProsGood job for gaining people skills and learning how to navigate the area. Gives the opportunity to meet all different kinds of people and to learn how to work with them.

ConsNot paid for time at the office or between jobs –– paid according to the houses you clean (not hourly). Major wear and tear on car. Routes not planned well. Not guaranteed 40 hours, even as a full time employee. Days often run later than 5pm.

Advice to Senior ManagementConsider paying employees by the hour, starting at entrance into the office and ending when the employees leave the office at the end of the day. Providing more perks to keep up the morale. Compensate for time spent on the road, not just gas.

Within 1 month I was promoted because of my ability to complete my job

Team Lead (Current Employee) Sycamore, IL

ProsIt is easy to get a job here without experience because the company trains their employees.

ConsTravel expenses are horrible. They do not pay enough for the miles us employees put on our car everyday. The pay in general is not what they say it is in the interview. When a employee is promoted the pay is not worth the responsibility.

Advice to Senior ManagementThere needs to be incentives to work for this company because just about every employee is searching for a second job or a completely new job.

Wonderful Job!

Office Assistant (Former Employee) Goodrich, MI

ProsBenefits, management, and opportunities to learn all aspects of the business were all pros for me!

ConsTurn over can be an issue because the job as a maid is very intense work, but the opportunity to make a decent wage is available with commissions.

Worked for Merry Maids? Contribute to the Community!