Merry Maids Reviews

Employment Status

Reset
2.6
Robert Gillette

Pros
  • You constantly get to meet new people (in 2 reviews)

• Customers are great and get to see some beautiful homes (in 3 reviews)

Cons
  • Expect a lot of wear and tear on your car (in 5 reviews)

• The houses are often under price and if your commission for the day is less than minimum wage they still only pay you the commission (in 6 reviews)

1. Love it

Current Employee - Captain in Ridgeland, MS
    Current Employee - Captain in Ridgeland, MS

Pros

Pay, Customers, Structure, routine, area, etc

Cons

Labor, Driving, Rude Customers,

2. Great company!

Former Employee - Team Leader in Auburn, CA
    Former Employee - Team Leader in Auburn, CA

I worked at Merry Maids full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

The hours are great and you get decent pay considering you typically get off early every day. I worked for Merry Maids in Auburn, CA. The owner and manager are amazing people and I really enjoyed my time with them.

Cons

It can definitely be hard work especially for older people because it is an incredibly physical job. The plus to that is most new team members lost about 10 pounds when they started!

Advice to Management

Keep up the good work!

3. My experience started out great at merry maids but when we got a new location manager things went down hill fast.

Former Employee - House Cleaner in Maryland Heights, MO
    Former Employee - House Cleaner in Maryland Heights, MO

I worked at Merry Maids full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Easy hours usually, pay is okay sometimes, they supply all cleaning supplies, reimbursement for miles drove since you use your own car.

Cons

Since houses are commission you could be working a 10 hour day and only make $20 if you spend the whole day in one house, the office is very unorganized and likes to pick favorites, employee turnover rate there is outrageous people only last a week sometimes, one person could have 10 houses while a team get 1 in a day(this happens often).

Advice to Management

Try to make everything even(workload, pay, hours...etc) people can't live off of $150 a week when you try to make them "full-time" and they can't work around your hours.

5. My experience was good

Former Employee - Maid in Redlands, CA
    Former Employee - Maid in Redlands, CA

I worked at Merry Maids full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

Worked without somebody standing over me. Got to meet lots of people some nice and some not so nice but nice mostly. Fair management. Decent money for cleaning houses.

Cons

The job can get a little hot during the summer. Maybe be a little better at asking customers to turn ac on during the summer.

Advice to Management

I know its a little out of control but try to make more advancement jobs available to be promoted to.

Horrible Place To Work

Former Employee - Maid in Jacksonville, FL
    Former Employee - Maid in Jacksonville, FL

I worked at Merry Maids full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

get to leave early "sometimes"

Cons

By far the worst job I ever had.. You work so hard for a pay check that isn't worth it. Then you have to drive your own car & you do get for reimbursement that can't even full your tank. You get paid by percentage at first I thought sounds good haha then you find out the payment is taxed 3 times before you get your percentage.. I quit after a month. Definitely not worth the pain I feel when I go home everyday

Advice to Management

You need to treat your employees better and pay them more money because you work us to death and our hard work isn't paying off. You guys are a bunch of scammers!!

Hostile work place

I worked at Merry Maids (More than a year)

Pros

Gained a lot of customer service skills and challenged my comfort zone interacting with clients. Most customers were wonderful to work with. Learned a lot of life lessons (both good and bad ones)

Cons

Hostile ownership. There was a lot of tension and lying was encouraged. Was not paid for overtime. Unable to advance. Did not earn enough for the work that was required. Worked really hard with no reward. Attitudes and backstabbing very common. Lots of gossip and rumors. No ability to advance after a certain point,

Advice to Management

Owners need to communicate better and not be the ones who create the tension. Encouraging people to lie and manipulate the truth will cause problems. Be more supportive of staff (both office and cleaners). They are the reason you make money.

Sales

Current Employee - Director in Boise, ID
    Current Employee - Director in Boise, ID

I have been working at Merry Maids full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

Everyday you learn something new! You get to meet GREAT people from the front line team members to the admin staff!

Cons

No 401K plan and no vacation time given the first year.

9. Merry Maids

Pros

Steady work. Good market name.

Cons

large turnover in upper management.

10. Cool

Pros

Very flexible. Did not have to search for leads.

Cons

The company have a lot of turnover.

11. A Day in the Life. . .

Former Employee - Team Mate
    Former Employee - Team Mate

I worked at Merry Maids part-time (Less than a year)

Pros

Money is literally the only "pro" that I can think of. It was a good introduction to grueling manual labor. A huge incentive to get a white-collar job!

Cons

Astronomical turnover rate, very low pay, cleaners are expected to rack up hundreds of miles in their personal cars traveling to clients' houses. WAY too much drama.

Advice to Management

Learn to keep your personal life separate from your professional life. Stop complaining about your own job in front of the employees. It is very demoralizing.

RSS Feed </> Embed