Merus Refreshment Services

Steve Bailey

1. Hard Work Pays Off

Former Employee - Sales Representative in Charlotte, NC
    Former Employee - Sales Representative in Charlotte, NC

I worked at Merus Refreshment Services full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Management is easily accessible, including owners. Will work with you on a flexible schedule, if needed. Job expectations are clear from the beginning. Ethical business practices. Treat customers respectfully, even behind closed doors.

Cons

The job is tough, there are no shortcuts and no way to succeed without working hard. Competitive market.

Advice to Management

Emphasize your web presence and update the look of the collateral material. The products and services we sell are not outdated, in fact quite the opposite, but the website, logo, etc. needs to reflect that. Consider the possibility of a branch manager at each location in the near future. The accountability of each team member to one person would result in a better product for your customers.

2. Sales Support Rep

Former Employee - Sales Support Representative in Fort Mill, SC
    Former Employee - Sales Support Representative in Fort Mill, SC

I worked at Merus Refreshment Services full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

The best part about working here were the hours and Lunch's on the first of the month. The owners are really nice men

Cons

They require you a set number of appointments a day(2) I was setting 1 a day maybe 3-4 times out of the week. They fired me for that. I also set a appointment with a account that closed and they still let me go. There sales team barely closed any and still were allowed to keep there jobs. I think 1 a day is great considering that this company doesn't have a lot of services to offer customers besides water tea and coffee and a few miscellaneous things offices use. They only go a hour out to provide service and expect you to get 2 appointments a day and there are 10 national companies and over 20 other local competitors. My advice if your hired on here make sure u are SETTING TWO A DAY!!!! EVEN IF U HAVE 6-7 YEARS LIKE ME IN APPOINTMENT SETTING!

Advice to Management

BRIGHTEN THE HORIZON A LITTLE STEP OUT OF THE HOUR RADIS BIX AND BE OPEN MINDED REMEMBER THERE ARE OTHER COMPANIES WHO OFFER WAYYYYY MORE THEN YOU ALL DO! OH YEAH AND IF YOU EXPECT SOMEONE TO BE A 2 A DAY APPOINTMENT SETTER DO TRAINING LONGER THEN ONE DAY!!!

3. Sales & Sales Management

Current Employee - Sales
    Current Employee - Sales

I have been working at Merus Refreshment Services full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

Small company, growing company, always fair and take care of their employees clear expectations of quotas and earning potential well supported by management growth potential

Cons

small company, not greatest benefits

Advice to Management

continue to be open to the creativity of the sales people as you seek to grow the branches individually and company-wide

5. Very Repetitive

Current Employee - Sales in Greenville, SC
    Current Employee - Sales in Greenville, SC

I have been working at Merus Refreshment Services

Pros

Small company feel If you are producing it's ok Unique water product Large product offering

Cons

Ownership of company doesn't consider new thoughts or creativity to flourish No advancement opportunities Talk a big game Don't take stock of value of employees and customers

Advice to Management

Your most valuable assetts are your clients and employees. Take care of each of them like no one else will to assure that you retain them.

6. This company is not interested in retaining employees.

Former Employee - Account Manager
    Former Employee - Account Manager

I worked at Merus Refreshment Services

Pros

The opportunity to meet new people daily. Everyday is relatively different.

Cons

Too many obstacles to make a sale Compensation structure lends to high turnover among employees Micromanaging is rampant Must cold call extensively Terrible benefits Have resume updated immediately after hiring to prepare for the inevitable.

Advice to Management

Relax the pay structure Allow the employee to utilize creativity to prospect and make a sale

RSS Feed </> Embed