Mesa Air Reviews

Updated September 16, 2014
2.3

Mesa Air Chairman and CEO Jonathan G. Ornstein
Jonathan G. Ornstein

Pros
  • Very flexible schedules, good flight benefits, lots of down time between flights (in 12 reviews)

• Hours were ok, good people to work with, (in 4 reviews)

Cons
  • Low Pay, Expensive health care benefits for families (in 8 reviews)

• It is a low cost airline, where employees pay the price (in 6 reviews)

More Highlights

Great Coworkers, tough workplace

I worked at Mesa Air full-time

Pros

The coworkers, meeting new people everyday, and traveling so much are great.

Cons

Low pay, very long days, management is less than stellar.

Great learning experience!!

Current Employee - A&P Mechanic  in  Charlotte, NC
    Current Employee - A&P Mechanic in Charlotte, NC

I have been working at Mesa Air full-time for more than a year

Pros

The opportunity to learn many or all a/c systems is there, if you are willing to put in the time.

Cons

Low Pay, Expensive health care benefits for families

If you wish to keep employees for the long term, you should change your pay-scale.

came out of what the ceo calls the quickest bancruptsy in history

I worked at Mesa Air full-time for more than 8 years

Pros

low pay, furlough forced during reorganizational bankruptsy, Mesa bumped another airline in hawaii out with their low fairs and now they got bumped out of Hawaii/bankrupt there. What comes around goes around

Cons

lousy micro mangement, managers that are bitter , as they got demoted during the reorginizational bankruptsy, the flight perks were great, the only reason I stayed so long. When my extra time off money ran out, I didnt get paid enough to travel. I worked in a building where the securrity was lousy, actually, null and void. Rough area. The ceo always wined about the cost of fuel, but Mesa is building up its aircraft and keeping its creditors, so it is just an excuse for employees to sacrafice more and more to keep the airline afloat. It is a low cost airline, where employees pay the price.

Allow employees mobility to other positions. Parallel or upward. It motivates them. Try not to keep the employees in fear of losing there job by the tactics you use and the way you constantly remind the they are at high risk of losing their jobs due to company instability.

4. We want your feedback – Are these company reviews helpful to you?  Yes | No

Great coworkers, terrible management

Current Employee - Flight Attendant  in  Charlotte, NC
    Current Employee - Flight Attendant in Charlotte, NC

I have been working at Mesa Air full-time for more than 8 years

Pros

I love my coworkers more than anything else. Flying around the country has been a lot of fun. The company is growing faster than they can keep up with so seniority does go up very fast.

Cons

You are just an employee number and stats to your supervisors. Salary is a joke...please don't come here for the money. Jonathan Ornstein believes in a cost neutral contract...things will not ever get better here. Very high turnover rate.

Please treat your employees with respect. Understand that we have families and personal life. You deliver punishments too quickly without any regard to past performance. You can have a great record for many years and one computer error can mess it all up.

Disorganized but very fun

Current Employee - Flight Attendant  in  Washington, DC
    Current Employee - Flight Attendant in Washington, DC

I have been working at Mesa Air as a contractor for less than a year

Pros

There are some great people working for Mesa and you have so many opportunities to experience new and wonderful things on a daily basis

Cons

There are also some employees who should move on or get out of aviation

CREW RESOURCE MANAGEMENT - good/positive communication is wonderful but too rare on the line.

Only if desperate

I have been working at Mesa Air full-time

Pros

Gain seniority quickly...because so many quit

Cons

Where to start...this company takes absolutely NO pride in it's employees. They just need warm bodies to get flights out. The CEO sent a letter stating that the 2 biggest costs to the company are engine maintenance & seniority. The senior staff are a burden to him. As long as other airlines are hiring....go there. I promise...you will NOT be sorry! The employees are miserable. I do not exaggerate when I say, there is not 1 crew member that will say they love working for Mesa. Not 1!!!

Treat your employees well & they will give back to you 10 fold. It truly is that simple!

Maintenance

I worked at Mesa Air

Pros

Hours were ok, good people to work with,

Cons

Pay, hard to advance within the company unless you reside anywhere near the hub or know someone.

Better training would help to build morale, pay to help keep the good workers that already in place

There are better airlines

Current Employee - Flight Attendant  in  Chicago, IL
    Current Employee - Flight Attendant in Chicago, IL

I have been working at Mesa Air full-time for less than a year

Pros

Flying for free. Seeing new destinations. Never being in the same place all the time. Doesnt really feel like a job.

Cons

The CEO does not like flight attendants and has made that very clear. I have witnessed it myself and was mortified. The pay is terrible. If you're lucky on a good month, you can make 1200.00 a month. Airplanes are poorly maintained and they smell.

Increase your pay. Care about your employees and get a new CEO

NASTY

Former Employee - Customer Service Representative Mesa Airlines  in  Phoenix, AZ
    Former Employee - Customer Service Representative Mesa Airlines in Phoenix, AZ

I worked at Mesa Air full-time for less than a year

Pros

Make flight reservations, check in passengers for their flights, Put baggage on the planes and off. Loading of the passengers, and off loading, Management and the co-workers were both amazing,

Best part was free flights

Cons

Hardest part of the job was cancellations of flights.

Started off feeling like it would be a great company to work for. Found it hard to connect with my management and felt like they were not easy to talk too.

The whole company needs an attitude adjustment makeover.

I really expected more

I have been working at Mesa Air

Pros

Some very nice staff. Not much to say after that. Too bad there is a 20 word minimum , you actually do not deserve it

Cons

Very divergent policies, for example; you can't have visibe tattoos, or you have to speak clear english, yet half my class did not follow these rules, or guidelines should we say? Hell, my roomate was allergic to me and the world. A flight attendant, really? "Madame, please remove your scent before boarding"
    WHAT KIND OF LAME ASS COMPANY HIRES FA'S with allergies to everything AND no knowlegde of english? MESA , that's who.

Mesa Air Photos

B1900D
Mesa Corporate
Mesa Aircraft

+ Add Photo

Worked for Mesa Air? Contribute to the Community!