Messiah College

Updated Jul 6, 2014

Be The First To
Add Photos

Kim S. Phipps

Great place for students to work part time during the school year.

Anonymous Employee (Former Employee)

ProsOther Employees are always awesome to work with. There are tons of opportunities to pick up jobs to fit any schedule.

ConsNo cons I can think of. This review is mostly for any students who aren't sure they can balance a job and school. I'm just saying that "yes, you can."

College

ProsGreat school and friendly environment, amazing study abroad opportunities and cross cultural experiences.

ConsMessiah College is somewhat limiting.

Lovely people, remote locale.

Executive Office Assistant (Former Employee) Grantham, PA

ProsLovely people, competitive pay, compassionate supervisors and relaxed community.

ConsGrantham is in the middle of NOWHERE.

1. We want your feedback – Are these company reviews helpful to you?  Yes | No

Film Projectionist

ProsBoss is very easy to work with and doesn't micromanage the small work. As long as the work gets finished, everyone is happy.

ConsMachines do not always work and the sound shuts off randomly. The systems are old and out of date, but they still provide a great movie theater experience for a cheap price.

Advice to Senior ManagementInclude the lead projectionist in the screening process for hiring because he/she will know which people will work well together.

good place to work

Prosstudent oriented, engaged faculty, caring administration

Constoo selective, too expensive for students, too limited in terms of diversity

Advice to Senior Managementlower tuition, increase revenue streams (hybrid and online), increase staff, faculty, student diversity

Academically and mission-minded institution of Christian higher education.

Anonymous Employee (Former Employee)

ProsMessiah has very strong academics, a core curriculum that is guided by institutional principles, and dedicated educators. Excellent athletics and plentiful, diverse co-curricular opportunities to meet students varied interests. Very well developed educational programs that fuses faith and learning.

ConsBecause the school offers a broad spectrum of programming and opportunities for students, some employees make a bit of financial sacrifice in order to work in the positive environment that Messiah provides.

Advice to Senior ManagementKeep serving as a model school in the Northeast.

Great Opportunities for work-study

Union Cafe Student Worker (Current Employee)

ProsThey have lots of job opportunities for students, in many different areas of work. You get a raise each year you stay at the same job. Most jobs allow for a lot of flexibility in scheduling to accommodate students, and it's usually pretty easy to get someone to cover your shift. It's fun to work there and overall the atmosphere is great. The managers are great and fun to work with.

ConsYou start out at minimum wage for most work-study positions, not all of the other student workers have the greatest work ethic, but that's probably pretty common no matter where you work. Work can also be a bit repetitive and boring, but again, that's probably the case with most jobs.

Advice to Senior Managementnone, overall I love working here

I had a great time working

Intern (Former Employee) Grantham, PA

ProsIt was a healthy work environment

ConsHad to go to through all of channels to get something done

Advice to Senior Managementkeep the fresh and open attitude

I thoroughly enjoyed my work experience at Messiah College.

Anonymous Employee (Current Employee) Grantham, PA

ProsEmployees are competent and enjoyable to work alongside.

ConsSenior management can sometimes be a bit inept at dealing with problems in the workplace.

Worked for Messiah College? Contribute to the Community!