MetLife

30 Employee Reviews Back to all reviews

Very good experience

Intern (Former Employee)
    Bridgewater, NJ

ProsNice people, good environment, learning a lot

ConsThey are cutting budget, therefore this very hard to get into as an actuariy

Advice to Senior Managementmany people only do enough things that keep their job

Overall good company

Project Manager (Former Employee)
    Bridgewater, NJ

Prosgood structure, good business values, depending on the department they care about their employees.

ConsThere is not much respect for contract employees. Technology is very behind.

Review

Senior Financial Analyst (Current Employee)
    Bridgewater, NJ

ProsThe people and excellent work-life balance

ConsThere is a lot of change lately

• We want your feedback – Are these company reviews helpful to you?  Yes | No

Naming Rights Destroyed 3,000 Jobs....

Analyst (Former Employee)

ProsNone None None None None

ConsConcerned more about Name Recognition than Jobs...

Advice to Senior ManagementDetail your ROI based on your Naming Rights...When you announced all you could brag about was that $500 Million Investment would bring you words....and I quote..."After every commercial break the announcers will say....Welcome back to Met Life Stadium..."...Possibly the most idiotic thing I ever heard in a Town Hall Meeting....$500 Million for what you thought would be free advertising and you can't even put a finger on the ROI after the question was asked time and time again at multiple meetings and then the CEO announces how he wants go on a Cost Savings Intitiative to save $4 Billion in 5 years..Then send 3,000 plus jobs southbound to save money,....You are a full time joke in the business....

Politically challenging

Research Manager (Former Employee)
    Bridgewater, NJ

ProsGood benefits and good people (generally)

ConsLong hours with no thanks

Advice to Senior ManagementPay attention to middle management

Typical large company problems

Finance (Former Employee)
    Bridgewater, NJ

ProsPerks of working for a Fortune 50 company. Nice campus with a walking path; large enough to where if you're able to work in a good group you'll be insulated from the problems of other groups and even the company as a whole.

ConsAlthough not directly affected, knew a number of people who were affected by the move of some operations to Charlotte. Compared to another company I worked for that went through something similar, Met handled it poorly. In some cases employees weren't told their end date or were terminated earlier than their end date. Little if any effort was made towards outgoing employees to show that their work was still valued or offer outplacement support. Some took opportunities elsewhere rather than stick it to out to the end just for termination package. Management tends to fall into 3 categories of 1/3. 1/3 are well liked and good at what they do, 1/3 are well liked or good (or vice versa) and 1/3 aren't well liked or good at they do. Some managers got to the top by knowing how to please those above them while having poor relationships with those above them.

Advice to Senior ManagementSimple- treat people better. There's nothing ethically wrong with moving to another location but the transition could have been handled so much better, particularly in regards to communication. Hard seeing a fellow employee reduced to tears over the way they were trated.

good employer

Consultant (Current Employee)
    Bridgewater, NJ

Prosgood benefits and flexible working hours

Consa lot of years in recent years

Great company with excellent benefits!

Consultant (Current Employee)
    Bridgewater, NJ

ProsVery flexible and great benefits

ConsNot sure of upcoming changes

Great for 4 years.....

Senior Financial Analyst (Current Employee)
    Bridgewater, NJ

ProsGreat place to work and a terrific work life balance with flexible work schedule and and able to work remotely. Good people here and very smart.

ConsThere is a very "Clique" atmosphere in this place and people tend to be very relaxed. There is a huge atmosphere of playing favorites and those people who are selected as "favorites" move right up the ladder very quickly. No sense of hard work or dedication by those people. It was a great 4 years and then everything was turned upside down due to the huge org change and by them becoming an International Company. Cost cutting measures have taken many jobs out of NJ and are now moving to other locations. No offers to re-locate, only the special people are asked. Very disappointed in this and I thought I would be here for a very long time. Now it all ends in 3 months.

'

Advice to Senior ManagementShould have never spent the money on the naming rights for Met Life Stadium. If you can't give us details on a ROI, then you should have never have spent the money. Now that you did, you are in cost cutting mode and it is affecting a lot of people here and we are losing our jobs because of it.

All depends on your management

Client Service Consultant (Current Employee)
    Bridgewater, NJ

ProsLots of opportunities to apply to other departments internally, telecommuting, relaxed/flexible work environment

ConsExperienced too many times where people were promoted to a manager role just because they were with the company a long time but do not have people skills. Team and morale suffers because of this.

Advice to Senior ManagementPay attention to non-existent morale and improve communication with employees.

Worked for MetLife? Contribute to the Community!

MetLife Videos

MetLife – Why Work for Us?

As one of the world’s largest and most successful life insurance and financial services companies, MetLife makes a difference in the lives of over 90 million customers around the world who count on us to help them… Full Overview

Provided by employer [?]

Glassdoor is your free inside look at MetLife reviews and ratings in Bridgewater, NJ — including employee satisfaction and approval rating for MetLife CEO Steven A. Kandarian. All 30 reviews posted anonymously by MetLife employees.