MetLife Home Loans, a division of MetLife Bank, N.A.

www.metlifehomeloans.com

MetLife Home Loans, a division of MetLife Bank, N.A. Reviews

Updated Jul 30, 2014

Be The First To
Add Photos

Steven A. Kandarian

MetLife was a great company to work for, the head business decided to end the Mortgage line.

Financial Analyst II (Former Employee) Irving, TX

ProsThe company itself (MetLife) is a growing company and one that has been around a long time and will continue to be here for a long time.

ConsThis division is not going anywhere as MetLife decided to end the Home Loans portion of their business lines. MetLife itself I would say is a GREAT company to work for, but the heading is for MetLife Home Loans.

Advice to Senior ManagementThe management was always trying to get us to grow in our personal lives as well as the professional careers. There were reviews all throughout the year. They were not all ways done on time as accounting does not always allow for timely reviews as the workload has to come first.

Great Company

ProsGood Benefits, work- life balance, brand value

Constoo much outsourcing, fear of losing job, never ending layoffs

It was very rewarding and challenging to work at Metlife.

Mortgage Manager (Former Employee) Morristown, NJ

ProsBenefits and 401K contributions were matched to my satisfaction.

ConsAs in most large corporations, upper management is not always in tune with lower management.

Advice to Senior ManagementTake time to interact positively with employees.

1. We want your feedback – Are these company reviews helpful to you?  Yes | No

Good Starting Point into the Mortgage Industry

Mortgage Service Representative (Former Employee) Irving, TX

ProsI worked at MetLife Home Loans, formally First Horizon Home Loans for 5 years. I started out in the servicing department as a Customer Service Rep. This department gave me the knowledge of many different areas within the mortgage industry. This was a positive starting point of getting my foot in the door into the mortgage industry.

ConsThe company had transferred hands a couple of times, since my tenure. Due to the mortgage / bank crash, MetLife bought out First Horizon. A couple of years later, MetLife Home Loans sold the company and many people were laid off.

Wonderful place to work! I was very disappointed when we were laid off.

Senior Loan Processor (Former Employee) Alpharetta, GA

ProsManagement was very caring and understanding. Whenever we voiced that additional training was needed, management listened. We always knew we were a team and that it took the entire team to get our jobs done which we were able to succeed every single day. Everyone got along which made me enjoy coming to work each and every day.

ConsManagement changed during the latter part of my employment, management changed. Our bonus structure changed which boost the morale within the entire office. MetLife Home Loans became a great place to work. The employees had a voice within the company and management made sure we were all happy coming to work every day.

Advice to Senior ManagementListen to your employees and remember to let them know you care and they're a part of your team!

Easy going professional work place.

Closing Coordinator (Former Employee) Pittsburgh, PA

ProsProfessional office with good employees.

ConsOffice closed with job loss to employees.

It has been a great experience.

Director of Applications Development (Current Employee) Irving, TX

ProsThe company was a very good company.

ConsThere are no cons to discuss.

Advice to Senior ManagementNone at this time.

Great office building with nice cafeteria and a gym. Awesome people. Fun place to work.

Anonymous Employee (Former Employee)

ProsGave you more responsibility if you proved yourself and asked for it. Gave you guidance and direction without being overbearing.

ConsThe outlook for the company as a whole was bleak. It seemed like some people got a little bit of special treatment sometimes.

MetLife Home Loans Review

Anonymous Employee (Former Employee)

ProsMetLife Homeloans had a wide variety of products to choose from and the compensation package was pretty aggressive. The rates and products made it pretty easy to obtain business.

ConsIt was easy to bring in the loans (competitive rates and products) however closing the loans in a decent amount of time was the frustrating part of working for this company. The other con was the leadership from the upper management; it didnt feel like they cared for the ooverall welfare of their employees. Only about profits.

It was satisfactory. They bought out First Horizon Home Loans in every state except Tenn.

Underwriter (Former Employee) Baltimore, MD

ProsParent company is a well known worldwide presence.

ConsThey tried to make a lot of changes and since they were not familiar with running a mortgage company-some weren't well recvd.

Advice to Senior ManagementFor the most part- Metlife Home Loans closed up and all the employees had to find new employment. If there is still FHA/VA/FNMA guidelines and not make so many of their own.

Worked for MetLife Home Loans, a division of MetLife Bank, N.A.? Contribute to the Community!