MetLife Home Loans, a division of MetLife Bank, N.A.

www.metlifehomeloans.com
  www.metlifehomeloans.com

MetLife Home Loans, a division of MetLife Bank, N.A. Reviews

Updated September 9, 2014
Updated September 9, 2014
3.5

Steven A. Kandarian

Excellent - But disappointing that they did not stay with the Mortgage as they promised

Former Employee - Foreclosure Clerk  in  Irving, TX
    Former Employee - Foreclosure Clerk in Irving, TX

I worked at MetLife Home Loans, a division of MetLife Bank, N.A. full-time for more than 3 years

Pros

An outstanding company overall with long lasting line of businesses. Great benefits for their employees, discounts, vacation plans, SIP, 401 matching, etc...

Cons

They did not stick to a commitment they started when they got into a line of business and left a lot of employees without jobs

Do more homework, due delinquents prior to deciding to venture into a line of business. A lot of good employees were hurt by your not studying the market prior to getting into this line.

Great Company

I have been working at MetLife Home Loans, a division of MetLife Bank, N.A. full-time for more than 8 years

Pros

Good Benefits, work- life balance, brand value

Cons

too much outsourcing, fear of losing job, never ending layoffs

It was very rewarding and challenging to work at Metlife.

Former Employee - Mortgage Manager  in  Morristown, NJ
    Former Employee - Mortgage Manager in Morristown, NJ

Pros

Benefits and 401K contributions were matched to my satisfaction.

Cons

As in most large corporations, upper management is not always in tune with lower management.

Take time to interact positively with employees.

4. We want your feedback – Are these company reviews helpful to you?  Yes | No

Good Starting Point into the Mortgage Industry

Former Employee - Mortgage Service Representative  in  Irving, TX
    Former Employee - Mortgage Service Representative in Irving, TX

I worked at MetLife Home Loans, a division of MetLife Bank, N.A. full-time for more than 5 years

Pros

I worked at MetLife Home Loans, formally First Horizon Home Loans for 5 years. I started out in the servicing department as a Customer Service Rep. This department gave me the knowledge of many different areas within the mortgage industry. This was a positive starting point of getting my foot in the door into the mortgage industry.

Cons

The company had transferred hands a couple of times, since my tenure. Due to the mortgage / bank crash, MetLife bought out First Horizon. A couple of years later, MetLife Home Loans sold the company and many people were laid off.

Wonderful place to work! I was very disappointed when we were laid off.

Former Employee - Senior Loan Processor  in  Alpharetta, GA
    Former Employee - Senior Loan Processor in Alpharetta, GA

I worked at MetLife Home Loans, a division of MetLife Bank, N.A. full-time for more than a year

Pros

Management was very caring and understanding. Whenever we voiced that additional training was needed, management listened. We always knew we were a team and that it took the entire team to get our jobs done which we were able to succeed every single day. Everyone got along which made me enjoy coming to work each and every day.

Cons

Management changed during the latter part of my employment, management changed. Our bonus structure changed which boost the morale within the entire office. MetLife Home Loans became a great place to work. The employees had a voice within the company and management made sure we were all happy coming to work every day.

Listen to your employees and remember to let them know you care and they're a part of your team!

Easy going professional work place.

Former Employee - Closing Coordinator  in  Pittsburgh, PA
    Former Employee - Closing Coordinator in Pittsburgh, PA

I worked at MetLife Home Loans, a division of MetLife Bank, N.A. full-time for less than a year

Pros

Professional office with good employees.

Cons

Office closed with job loss to employees.

It has been a great experience.

Current Employee - Director of Applications Development  in  Irving, TX
    Current Employee - Director of Applications Development in Irving, TX

I have been working at MetLife Home Loans, a division of MetLife Bank, N.A. full-time for more than 10 years

Pros

The company was a very good company.

Cons

There are no cons to discuss.

None at this time.

Great office building with nice cafeteria and a gym. Awesome people. Fun place to work.

I worked at MetLife Home Loans, a division of MetLife Bank, N.A. as an intern

Pros

Gave you more responsibility if you proved yourself and asked for it. Gave you guidance and direction without being overbearing.

Cons

The outlook for the company as a whole was bleak. It seemed like some people got a little bit of special treatment sometimes.

MetLife Home Loans Review

Pros

MetLife Homeloans had a wide variety of products to choose from and the compensation package was pretty aggressive. The rates and products made it pretty easy to obtain business.

Cons

It was easy to bring in the loans (competitive rates and products) however closing the loans in a decent amount of time was the frustrating part of working for this company. The other con was the leadership from the upper management; it didnt feel like they cared for the ooverall welfare of their employees. Only about profits.

Metlife Home Loans was a great company to work for since I was looking for a long-term career.

Former Employee - Loan Processor  in  Pleasanton, CA
    Former Employee - Loan Processor in Pleasanton, CA

Pros

Great group of team to know and work with.

Cons

Short term of work available.

Worked for MetLife Home Loans, a division of MetLife Bank, N.A.? Contribute to the Community!