MetLife Reviews in Washington, DC

Updated October 13, 2014
Updated October 13, 2014

MetLife President & CEO Steven A. Kandarian
Steven A. Kandarian

Pros
  • The work life balance is a plus; especially for working professionals with families (in 118 reviews)

• MetLife has great benefits and different positions in different departments (in 72 reviews)

Cons
  • Some of the supervisors don't allow flexibility as far as work-life balance (in 28 reviews)

• Lack of visibility to senior management as to who is doing the actual job (in 36 reviews)

More Highlights

1 Employee Reviews Back to all reviews

Great experience, but poor final outcome for typical MBA summer intern program

Former Employee - MBA Summer Associate in Washington, DC
    Former Employee - MBA Summer Associate in Washington, DC

I worked at MetLife as an intern (less than an year)

Pros

I loved the people that I worked with at the DC office. They gave me a lot of high level work to do relating to real estate debt/equity investments and asset management. I felt like the work I did supporting the team added significant value and I received a lot of positive feedback. I was also happy that MetLife accepted someone that I referred to the summer of 2013 program at the headquarters in NJ.

Cons

To my knowledge, this was the first MBA level summer program and none of the summer interns were offered full-time positions. There were five interns, all at different offices (one at the headquarters), and each person had a signficant amount of prior commercial real estate experience. During the summer of 2012, each of us had completed our first year at the following graduate business school programs: University of Georgia (Terry College of Business), University of California at Berkeley (Haas), University of Pittsburgh (Katz), UVA (Darden), Emory University (Goizueta).

State clearly at the beginning of the program whether or not there is the possibility of full-time employment, or if an offer is a possibility upon completion of the program. Also, provide more feedback at the end of the summer regarding how each person performed and where he/she could possibly fit in to the organization if a position becomes available.