MetaBank

Be The First To
Add Photos

Not yet rated.

J. Tyler Haahr

People are fantastic, lacking corporate direction

Anonymous Employee (Former Employee)
    Sioux Falls, SD

ProsI've never worked in an environment where the people get along so well. Great culture and lots of culture building activities. Very flexible for interruptions during the work day suck as sick kids.

ConsHas been under regulatory enforcement and very compliance focused with little room for innovation. Little corporate direction on where the board and/or executives would like the company to go. Pay is 10-25% less than industry standard depending on the role. You work at Meta for the people, not the pay.

Advice to Senior ManagementInvest in corporate strategy and clear communication plan.

Unbelievable Rip Off !!!

Customer Service Representative I (Current Employee)
    Sioux Falls, SD

ProsSo many "Procedures" in place, it is easy to steal money from cardholders, maintenance fee's, monthly fee's, registration fee's and etc.

ConsNo ethical standards whatsoever. Gift cards are their biggest scam. If a customer doesn't register the card in the allotted time, we take the whole amount that was on the card and the bank keeps it. Yes, this is the truth..

Advice to Senior ManagementRun your business using the golden rule vs. trying to scam innocent customers

USED to be an awesome place to work

Customer Service Representative I (Current Employee)
    Des Moines, IA

ProsThe people that work there are mostly friendly. It has that small bank appeal. They usually do some nice things for their employees every year.

ConsI HATE the new program they are doing. They do mystery shops, and you lose all sense of individuality and personal identity. They try and make you sound like fake robots, and it does not help gain any new customers. It is frustrating, and I absolutely HATE it. You also get paid way less than most other people doing your same job at another bank.

Advice to Senior ManagementDon't waste your money on the stupid Roxanne Emmerich program, it does not help attract more customers and just makes the employees look stupid and lose their personal identities.

• We want your feedback – Are these company reviews helpful to you?  Yes | No

All employees were very helpful to me as an intern.

Credit Analyst Intern (Former Employee)

ProsVery friendly and helpful people. Work was very simple and not very hard to understand.

ConsAlot of repitition and busy work. Very easy to get bored.

Worked for MetaBank? Contribute to the Community!

Glassdoor is your free inside look at MetaBank reviews and ratings — including employee satisfaction and approval rating for MetaBank CEO J. Tyler Haahr. All reviews posted anonymously by MetaBank employees.