MetaBank Reviews

2.9

J. Tyler Haahr

People are fantastic, lacking corporate direction

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee  in  Sioux Falls, SD
    Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Sioux Falls, SD

I worked at MetaBank full-time for more than 5 years

Pros

I've never worked in an environment where the people get along so well. Great culture and lots of culture building activities. Very flexible for interruptions during the work day suck as sick kids.

Cons

Has been under regulatory enforcement and very compliance focused with little room for innovation. Little corporate direction on where the board and/or executives would like the company to go. Pay is 10-25% less than industry standard depending on the role. You work at Meta for the people, not the pay.

Invest in corporate strategy and clear communication plan.

Unbelievable Rip Off !!!

Current Employee - Customer Service Representative I  in  Sioux Falls, SD
    Current Employee - Customer Service Representative I in Sioux Falls, SD

I have been working at MetaBank full-time for more than 3 years

Pros

So many "Procedures" in place, it is easy to steal money from cardholders, maintenance fee's, monthly fee's, registration fee's and etc.

Cons

No ethical standards whatsoever. Gift cards are their biggest scam. If a customer doesn't register the card in the allotted time, we take the whole amount that was on the card and the bank keeps it. Yes, this is the truth..

Run your business using the golden rule vs. trying to scam innocent customers

USED to be an awesome place to work

Current Employee - Customer Service Representative I  in  Des Moines, IA
    Current Employee - Customer Service Representative I in Des Moines, IA

I have been working at MetaBank

Pros

The people that work there are mostly friendly. It has that small bank appeal. They usually do some nice things for their employees every year.

Cons

I HATE the new program they are doing. They do mystery shops, and you lose all sense of individuality and personal identity. They try and make you sound like fake robots, and it does not help gain any new customers. It is frustrating, and I absolutely HATE it. You also get paid way less than most other people doing your same job at another bank.

Don't waste your money on the stupid Roxanne Emmerich program, it does not help attract more customers and just makes the employees look stupid and lose their personal identities.

4. We want your feedback – Are these company reviews helpful to you?  Yes | No

All employees were very helpful to me as an intern.

Former Employee - Credit Analyst Intern
    Former Employee - Credit Analyst Intern

I worked at MetaBank

Pros

Very friendly and helpful people. Work was very simple and not very hard to understand.

Cons

Alot of repitition and busy work. Very easy to get bored.

Worked for MetaBank? Contribute to the Community!