Metabyte, Inc. Reviews

Manu Mehta

1. Product Manager

Current Employee - Product Manager in Fremont, CA
    Current Employee - Product Manager in Fremont, CA

I have been working at Metabyte, Inc. full-time (More than 8 years)

Pros

+A lot of room for individual growth. I came in as a QA Specialist, but after my boss learned about my interests with coding and UI design, he helped insert me into more product development related tasks. Over just a few years, I went from a QA Specialist to a UI Design/Coding Engineer, and am now the Product Manager for one of Metabyte's technology platforms. My story is not unique - Metabyte has a knack for fostering employee growth based on their talents and aspirations.

+Upbeat, friendly, entrepreneurial atmosphere. You're surrounded by high energy, progressive thinkers. It’s a relaxed, not uptight, environment. At Metabyte, I have met people with different backgrounds and aspirations, yet have been amazed to see how everyone's talents synergize so well. We get along great in the work place, and even go out to lunch most days. I'm happy to say I've made new friends.

+Good pay - the highest offer I got.

Cons

-No fitness club on-site in the Fremont office (although there is a 24 hour fitness that is a 5 minute walk away).

Advice to Management

I would recommend that the management continue to stay interested in employees’ goals and aspirations. It helps set a roadmap for employee growth, which ultimately leads to company growth.

2. IBM like professionalism with a personal touch

Current Employee - Anonymous in Fremont, CA
    Current Employee - Anonymous in Fremont, CA

I have been working at Metabyte, Inc. full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Metabyte has provided me with a flexible environment in which I can pursue growth within the company. Metabyte has a global scope that allows them to attract the top talent.

Cons

No true negatives to working at Metabyte

Advice to Management

Keep pursuing growth in order to supplement opportunities.

Metabyte gave me opportunities to grow and work on really cool projects!

Former Employee - Product Manager in Fremont, CA
    Former Employee - Product Manager in Fremont, CA

I worked at Metabyte, Inc.

Pros

In my two and a half years of experience as a Product Marketing Manager with Metabyte, I was given the resources for tremendous professional growth. I had the opportunity to work on a number of innovative projects that really interested me. Metabyte is continually innovating, and it is invigorating to work in a forward-thinking workplace where innovation is prized. Metabyte also pours a plethora of resources and mentorship into helping their employees grow. The company has a very personal atmosphere that permeates through the entire organization from the CEO and downward. Metabyte provides the flexibility that a lot of companies lack. To top it all off, beyond all the other positives, I was handsomely compensated during my time at Metabyte.

Cons

Nothing that detracted from the enjoyment of working at Metabyte!

Advice to Management

Continue to grow social opportunities and corporate amenities.

5. Straightforward and respectful company culture!

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Fremont, CA
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Fremont, CA

I have been working at Metabyte, Inc.

Pros

Of all the companies that I have worked at, Metabyte has to be the most open and transparent. It’s a straightforward culture, yet very respectful of each other. There is an inherent commitment to every employee’s success. They have list of highly reputed, long term clients globally, and a variety of opportunities in technology and business roles. This job has been great for me because I had the freedom to try ideas, take decisions, and make an impact both on Metabyte and myself.

Cons

There is no matching of 401K.

Advice to Management

Remain committed to employee success, but be prepared to let go of poor performers faster.

Great internship working for individuals who are willing to help and who care

Current Intern - Lead Development in Fremont, CA
    Current Intern - Lead Development in Fremont, CA

I have been working at Metabyte, Inc. as an intern

Pros

Proper training, good work environment, great people. Good compensation.

Cons

Did not have any negatives

7. The captain is drilling holes in the hull.

Current Employee - Senior Manager, Customer Experience in Fremont, CA
    Current Employee - Senior Manager, Customer Experience in Fremont, CA

I have been working at Metabyte, Inc.

Pros

It's a small company, with basically no management at all, so there's a lot of room for autonomy and the self-directed.

Cons

There is basically no management at all. The CEO is obsessed with "Leadership" and conducts mandatory leadership seminars, but there is no one in a high-level management position here, and he does not manage- at random intervals he meddles, but that's it. There is no cohesive communication, inept people are never let go (critical in a tiny company!), and projects are assumed to manage themselves.

Advice to Management

Please please please hire high-level managers and project managers. And when you *do* hire experts, please respect and avail yourself of their expertise rather than going with your "intuition" and opining that "maybe all the experts are wrong".

RSS Feed </> Embed