Metabyte, Inc.

Be The First To
Add Photos

Metabyte, Inc. President Manu Mehta

Manu Mehta

A company with a family like atmosphere, conducive for innovation.

IT Consultant (Former Employee)
    San Jose, CA

ProsCompany recognizes the talent and potential of its employees and values them as its primary asset. Metabyte has a strong foothold in the silicon valley (California) which gives a diverse experience to its employees. The administrative staff is very friendly and always willing to help. Company's new year party is a fun event that provides an excellent networking opportunity to its employees working for different clients.

ConsCompany lacks a well-defined performance review policy for its employees esp. independent contractors. As an IT services company, company should invest on Employee Development program to keep its employees abreast with latest technology innovations and enhancements. Company has almost nothing to offer in terms of benefits.

Advice to Senior ManagementIn the quest for new clients, please be thoughtful of retaining existing ones as well.
    Senior Management should also increase in proportion to the employee headcount and # of clients, in order to be easily accessible.

Most disorganized organization ever

Anonymous Employee (Former Employee)

ProsThey have managed to acquire contracts with reputable companies (though it is questionable how long they will maintain them), so if offered a contract position through Metabyte at a truly great lace to work, perhaps take it if no other avenues to employment exist. (Though I would highly recommend seeking out a different contracting firm hiring for the same position.)

ConsDisrespectful, disorganized and no clear direction for the company. It takes weeks to get responses to emails. The contracting firm almost cost me my position TWICE at a great company--first, because they failed to give me the address for my interview and were non-responsive for days before the interview (so stressful!--fortunately I was able to look up my contact at the hiring company on LinkedIn and email HIM for a location), and again due to their inadequacies and questionable invention assignment policies (they claim to own rights to anything you develop at your new contract position). They do not offer benefits--even after claiming at the start they would for long-term (1 year+) contractors. They do not pay well, take a large cut of your earnings for little support in return, and do not promote their employees--despite their propaganda on their company website stating that they are all for empowering and advancing the careers of their employees.

Advice to Senior ManagementTry to run your company according to the ideals you defined on your own website. Right now, it's pure hypocrisy.

The captain is drilling holes in the hull.

Senior Manager, Customer Experience (Current Employee)
    Fremont, CA

ProsIt's a small company, with basically no management at all, so there's a lot of room for autonomy and the self-directed.

ConsThere is basically no management at all. The CEO is obsessed with "Leadership" and conducts mandatory leadership seminars, but there is no one in a high-level management position here, and he does not manage- at random intervals he meddles, but that's it. There is no cohesive communication, inept people are never let go (critical in a tiny company!), and projects are assumed to manage themselves.

Advice to Senior ManagementPlease please please hire high-level managers and project managers. And when you *do* hire experts, please respect and avail yourself of their expertise rather than going with your "intuition" and opining that "maybe all the experts are wrong".

• We want your feedback – Are these company reviews helpful to you?  Yes | No

Good place to start your career

ProsGreat in terms of employee care.

ConsBit stingy on payments and benifits

– I'm optimistic about the outlook for this company

Metabyte is a fair employer

Anonymous Employee (Former Employee)

ProsThe management at Metabyte are a decent lot. They are professional and have the best interests of their employees in mind. Fair is the only word that comes to the top of my mind when I think about the management style.

ConsToo lenient, complacent even. High level of tolerance towards incompetence. Need to better understand ROI to all stakeholders. Indecisiveness, delays in deciding even simple things can be worked upon.

Advice to Senior ManagementHire better employees. Constantly see the type of talent available in the market. Benchmark these against the type of people you have. When you identify gaps, fill this up with proper training (and don't delay making this decision), or replace people with better ones. Don't be scared to take tough decisions, at the time you need to take them. No point taking decisions after the damage is done.

Worked for Metabyte, Inc.? Contribute to the Community!

Glassdoor is your free inside look at Metabyte, Inc. reviews and ratings — including employee satisfaction and approval rating for Metabyte, Inc. CEO Manu Mehta. All 5 reviews posted anonymously by Metabyte, Inc. employees.