Metabyte, Inc. Reviews

4.5
Metabyte, Inc. President Manu Mehta
Manu Mehta

1. Business Security Analyst

I have been working at Metabyte, Inc.

Pros

Work independently but they provide enough support to guide you on your career. They seem to have your best interest in mind but I actually never met in person anybody from their office.

Cons

Low starting pay. Lack of personal touch.

2. Wonderful Internship Experience

Current Intern - Intern in Chico, CA
    Current Intern - Intern in Chico, CA

I have been working at Metabyte, Inc. as an intern

Pros

Metabyte has offered me an incredible internship. I had the pleasure of being one of the first batch of Interns that Metabyte based out of Chico, CA. It is great to see a bay-area technology company investing in other locales in Northern California. During my internship, I have had the opportunity to work under individuals with decades of experience in the industry. From the CEO down to my direct supervisor, they have treated me as a ‘real employee’ from day one. This isn’t the type of internship where one simply gets coffee and makes copies. I have had the experience of setting in on meetings with our business partner, IBM, and I have been given direct responsilbity of certain aspects of marketing. I have grown professionally during my time with Metabyte, and truly feel as though my skills and job prospects have greatly improved due to my experience in this internship

Cons

Nothing that I can complain about!

Advice to Management

Please keep expanding the Chico, CA location. There is a wealth of talented individuals in Chico, and Metabyte really has an opportunity to capitalize on that.

3. Great place to start my career in sales

Former Intern - Professional Sales in Chico, CA
    Former Intern - Professional Sales in Chico, CA

I worked at Metabyte, Inc. as an intern (Less than a year)

Pros

I was fortunate to be in the first internship class in company history. Working at Metabyte has taught me so much about the business world and sales. This was a great place for me to practice what I had been learning in school and use it in real business situations. Though cold calling can be difficult at first, it can be really rewarding once you start to appreciate the practice of it. I appreciate all the help and support from the Metabyte team as I know it will help me in the future. I will always be grateful for starting my career at Metabyte.

Cons

There haven't been any cons to report

Advice to Management

Keep the internship program going strong. It is a great way for students to learn and gain the confidence to have sucesfull careers in business.

5. Product Manager

Current Employee - Product Manager in Fremont, CA
    Current Employee - Product Manager in Fremont, CA

I have been working at Metabyte, Inc. full-time (More than 8 years)

Pros

+A lot of room for individual growth. I came in as a QA Specialist, but after my boss learned about my interests with coding and UI design, he helped insert me into more product development related tasks. Over just a few years, I went from a QA Specialist to a UI Design/Coding Engineer, and am now the Product Manager for one of Metabyte's technology platforms. My story is not unique - Metabyte has a knack for fostering employee growth based on their talents and aspirations. +Upbeat, friendly, entrepreneurial atmosphere. You're surrounded by high energy, progressive thinkers. It’s a relaxed, not uptight, environment. At Metabyte, I have met people with different backgrounds and aspirations, yet have been amazed to see how everyone's talents synergize so well. We get along great in the work place, and even go out to lunch most days. I'm happy to say I've made new friends. +Good pay - the highest offer I got.

Cons

-No fitness club on-site in the Fremont office (although there is a 24 hour fitness that is a 5 minute walk away).

Advice to Management

I would recommend that the management continue to stay interested in employees’ goals and aspirations. It helps set a roadmap for employee growth, which ultimately leads to company growth.

6. IBM like professionalism with a personal touch

Current Employee - Anonymous in Fremont, CA
    Current Employee - Anonymous in Fremont, CA

I have been working at Metabyte, Inc. full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Metabyte has provided me with a flexible environment in which I can pursue growth within the company. Metabyte has a global scope that allows them to attract the top talent.

Cons

No true negatives to working at Metabyte

Advice to Management

Keep pursuing growth in order to supplement opportunities.

Metabyte gave me opportunities to grow and work on really cool projects!

Former Employee - Product Manager in Fremont, CA
    Former Employee - Product Manager in Fremont, CA

I worked at Metabyte, Inc.

Pros

In my two and a half years of experience as a Product Marketing Manager with Metabyte, I was given the resources for tremendous professional growth. I had the opportunity to work on a number of innovative projects that really interested me. Metabyte is continually innovating, and it is invigorating to work in a forward-thinking workplace where innovation is prized. Metabyte also pours a plethora of resources and mentorship into helping their employees grow. The company has a very personal atmosphere that permeates through the entire organization from the CEO and downward. Metabyte provides the flexibility that a lot of companies lack. To top it all off, beyond all the other positives, I was handsomely compensated during my time at Metabyte.

Cons

Nothing that detracted from the enjoyment of working at Metabyte!

Advice to Management

Continue to grow social opportunities and corporate amenities.

Metabyte is a fantastic place to work!

I have been working at Metabyte, Inc. full-time (More than 5 years)

Pros

Metabyte has offered me tremendous professional growth. I started as a junior programmer and graphic designer 5 years ago. Today I am a lead developer, and I play an active role in product definition. Metabyte’s management was genuinely interested to discover my talents and encouraged my learning. They are patient and maintain a very personal atmosphere. Metabyte emphasizes direct communications and I have a lot of interaction with the CEO and the management team which has really helped to create an atmosphere of open communication and suggestions. I really enjoy the flexibility Metabyte offers to pursue different ideas and opportunities within the company. It’s an entrepreneurial culture. They don’t just say it, you can see that they believe the “Opportunity is infinite” . My salary is over twice today of what I was hired at. As I took more responsibilities, Metabyte recognized and gave me a raise each time. I have been able to buy a house which is not easy to do in the San Francisco Bay Area.

Cons

Resource limitations of any small/medium company

Advice to Management

Keep pursuing growth at current rate

9. Straightforward and respectful company culture!

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Fremont, CA
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Fremont, CA

I have been working at Metabyte, Inc.

Pros

Of all the companies that I have worked at, Metabyte has to be the most open and transparent. It’s a straightforward culture, yet very respectful of each other. There is an inherent commitment to every employee’s success. They have list of highly reputed, long term clients globally, and a variety of opportunities in technology and business roles. This job has been great for me because I had the freedom to try ideas, take decisions, and make an impact both on Metabyte and myself.

Cons

There is no matching of 401K.

Advice to Management

Remain committed to employee success, but be prepared to let go of poor performers faster.

Metabyte, a great company to work for!

Current Contractor - Datacenter Engineer in San Jose, CA
    Current Contractor - Datacenter Engineer in San Jose, CA

I have been working at Metabyte, Inc. as a contractor (More than 3 years)

Pros

Metabyte is a great company to work with. They value their employees, and treat them fairly. Liz, and Raka have always been very helpful. Unlike some very large establishments that treat their employees as run of the mill, Metabyte is a boutique company where you always have someone to talk to directly, and get your questions answered. The HR team is very open, communicative and straightforward. The people who work for Metabyte are knowledgeable, and very good at what they do. I have grown tremendously in my career since I joined as a Tier 2 Junior level engineer to a Senior level Virtual Engineer. They have some of the best Silicon Valley companies as their clients, and I have had a great career opportunity through Metabyte. I have grown both experience wise and salary wise and hopefully will continue so. Cons – No formal training for employees

Cons

No formal training for employees which i think is important for keeping employees happy and interested. No yearly reviews for salary increases and or promotions.

Advice to Management

You are a good lot. Keep up your good work. Please add some type of training programs for employees and yearly reviews for salary increases as we are constantly learning new technology's and growing which make us very marketable in Silicon Valley.

Great internship working for individuals who are willing to help and who care

Current Intern - Lead Development in Fremont, CA
    Current Intern - Lead Development in Fremont, CA

I have been working at Metabyte, Inc. as an intern

Pros

Proper training, good work environment, great people. Good compensation.

Cons

Did not have any negatives

RSS Feed </> Embed