Metabyte, Inc.

Manu Mehta

Highly recommend Metabyte!

Former Employee - Software Engineer in Sunnyvale, CA
    Former Employee - Software Engineer in Sunnyvale, CA

I worked at Metabyte, Inc. as a contractor (more than an year)

Pros

Metabyte has been a very good company for me to work at. They gave a great kick-start to my career by finding me a great company to work at. Their recruiter was hardworking and honest.
    The staff at Metabyte was always very helpful and prompt. They assisted me get all the correct documentation for my visa. I received great support and individualized attention.

Cons

My director changed quite often though all of them are very helpful, still prefer having a fixed one.

I should have been considered for a review and a raise after 6 months.

A company with a family like atmosphere, conducive for innovation.

Former Employee - IT Consultant in San Jose, CA
    Former Employee - IT Consultant in San Jose, CA

I worked at Metabyte, Inc. as a contractor (more than 3 years)

Pros

Company recognizes the talent and potential of its employees and values them as its primary asset. Metabyte has a strong foothold in the silicon valley (California) which gives a diverse experience to its employees. The administrative staff is very friendly and always willing to help. Company's new year party is a fun event that provides an excellent networking opportunity to its employees working for different clients.

Cons

Company lacks a well-defined performance review policy for its employees esp. independent contractors. As an IT services company, company should invest on Employee Development program to keep its employees abreast with latest technology innovations and enhancements. Company has almost nothing to offer in terms of benefits.

In the quest for new clients, please be thoughtful of retaining existing ones as well.
    Senior Management should also increase in proportion to the employee headcount and # of clients, in order to be easily accessible.

Most disorganized organization ever

I worked at Metabyte, Inc. as a contractor (more than an year)

Pros

They have managed to acquire contracts with reputable companies (though it is questionable how long they will maintain them), so if offered a contract position through Metabyte at a truly great lace to work, perhaps take it if no other avenues to employment exist. (Though I would highly recommend seeking out a different contracting firm hiring for the same position.)

Cons

Disrespectful, disorganized and no clear direction for the company. It takes weeks to get responses to emails. The contracting firm almost cost me my position TWICE at a great company--first, because they failed to give me the address for my interview and were non-responsive for days before the interview (so stressful!--fortunately I was able to look up my contact at the hiring company on LinkedIn and email HIM for a location), and again due to their inadequacies and questionable invention assignment policies (they claim to own rights to anything you develop at your new contract position). They do not offer benefits--even after claiming at the start they would for long-term (1 year+) contractors. They do not pay well, take a large cut of your earnings for little support in return, and do not promote their employees--despite their propaganda on their company website stating that they are all for empowering and advancing the careers of their employees.

Try to run your company according to the ideals you defined on your own website. Right now, it's pure hypocrisy.

The captain is drilling holes in the hull.

Current Employee - Senior Manager, Customer Experience in Fremont, CA
    Current Employee - Senior Manager, Customer Experience in Fremont, CA

I have been working at Metabyte, Inc.

Pros

It's a small company, with basically no management at all, so there's a lot of room for autonomy and the self-directed.

Cons

There is basically no management at all. The CEO is obsessed with "Leadership" and conducts mandatory leadership seminars, but there is no one in a high-level management position here, and he does not manage- at random intervals he meddles, but that's it. There is no cohesive communication, inept people are never let go (critical in a tiny company!), and projects are assumed to manage themselves.

Please please please hire high-level managers and project managers. And when you *do* hire experts, please respect and avail yourself of their expertise rather than going with your "intuition" and opining that "maybe all the experts are wrong".

Highly unprofessional, unmanaged and acts like family owned business

Former Employee - Senior Programmer Analyst Manager in Bangalore (India)
    Former Employee - Senior Programmer Analyst Manager in Bangalore (India)

I worked at Metabyte, Inc. full-time (more than an year)

Pros

There is actually no pros..it is a purely staffing company, though claims to be in services business...and runs with a couple of customers

Cons

Very weak finance...company feeds employees on the collections. No cash reserve..if the customer delays in payment..everything gets delayed. There is no vision..CEO has been running this like family owned business and that's the reason has not grown in 23 years..takes his own decisions and rides on with few jokers

Please come out of shop like management style and follow the professional approach..build your finances before you expand on your horizon....hire some good people and value them...if you want to grow..or be like it the way you have been for 23 years...stop telling lies to your customers...

Good place to start your career

I have been working at Metabyte, Inc. full-time

Pros

Great in terms of employee care.

Cons

Bit stingy on payments and benifits

Metabyte is a fair employer

I worked at Metabyte, Inc.

Pros

The management at Metabyte are a decent lot. They are professional and have the best interests of their employees in mind. Fair is the only word that comes to the top of my mind when I think about the management style.

Cons

Too lenient, complacent even. High level of tolerance towards incompetence. Need to better understand ROI to all stakeholders. Indecisiveness, delays in deciding even simple things can be worked upon.

Hire better employees. Constantly see the type of talent available in the market. Benchmark these against the type of people you have. When you identify gaps, fill this up with proper training (and don't delay making this decision), or replace people with better ones. Don't be scared to take tough decisions, at the time you need to take them. No point taking decisions after the damage is done.