Metafore Technologies

Updated August 26, 2014
2.2

Pat Waid

So close yet so far.

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee  in  Montreal, QC (Canada)
    Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Montreal, QC (Canada)

I worked at Metafore Technologies full-time for more than 3 years

Pros

I had never experienced a company where most employees were as enthusiastic about servicing customers and winnng business as Metafore regardless of the length of their stay.

I felt most people in sales, services, operations and support were amazingly vibrant and alert.

Metafore was moving slowing toward becoming the large company it wants to be when it grows up.

If you have a car and aren't crossing bridges to and from work the office was well located; work from home was allowed. The office space itself was generally acceptable.

Cons

Trust, respect and praise or blame were big issues. Trust between upper management and employees, even directors and some executives, was essentially non-existent and that's a nonstarter if you're expecting to grow and thrive personaly and professionaly.Respect toward and from employees was remarkably tipped against employees, Same for praise or blame. Motivation was mostly self-propelled because of these issues.

Many managers and directors had overblown titles which means that a manager had supervisor skils ranging from basic to adequate and directors had manager skills.

There were a few 'brush salesman' left then and everyone knew who they were except the 'brush salesmen' themselves.

Terrible leadership and no growth.

Former Employee - Service Desk Analyst  in  Calgary, AB (Canada)
    Former Employee - Service Desk Analyst in Calgary, AB (Canada)

I worked at Metafore Technologies full-time for more than 3 years

Pros

None while I was there

Cons

No structure, inconsistent policies, treat employees like commodities, no growth from internal, no training incentives, very low pay for double the work.

I worked for Metafore for 3 years in the Oil and Gas sector through 4 different positions.

During my first position as a service desk weekend analyst, I was there for a month when they decided to dump work from another department on us. We hadn't been trained, and had no idea how to do this work, but they insisted that we do it based on a clause in our employee agreement that stated "additional duties as required" Problem being, that wasn't in my employee letter.

When I pointed this out, and refused to do the new work without training they told me I had a bad attitude and put me on a PIP (Performance improvement plan) without any warning , or previous discussion *By their own rules, an employee must receive a verbal warning, then a written warning, and then it goes to a PIP, I never received the first two, they jumped right to the end*

After disputing the PIP, I was told that I was given training , as a Service Delivery Lead of the other group signed a sworn affidavit that he gave us training (Although he did not give us one iota)

Instead of my manager listening to me, or investigating at all - In his words "I could check the timestamps and what not, but I'm not going too"

I was also constantly bullied by my team lead when I came in. He would pull me aside and chew me out for calls I wasn't involve in, chide me for doing things he never asked me to do, and he would examine my work and then call out faults that had never even been mentioned in training, and then dump on me for not knowing them. He was an absolute bully.

I told metafore about him, and they did nothing. It wasn't addressed at all.

After that, I was transferred to a new "contract" where I was supposed to have a job as a Project Technician. I sat in a room for 3 months doing nothing, asking everyday what my job was supposed to be, but they didn't even have a job description for me. So when I took sick days because I couldn't stand coming into work anymore to do noting (Literally, I had no job or function but they paid me - I had to show up and sit in a room for 8 hours) They put me another PIP (Again without proper process, or notice or anything, AND for using the sick days THEY gave me)

During this whole time I was at Metafore I was passed over for a job 4 times, one in which I have 10 years experience and I am certified. I saw them promote people brand new to service desk into team positions, and the management doesn't give a hoot at all.

Do not go to work for metafore under any circumstances. Anything they are offering you is a falacy, they will lie, and bend every rule and technicalitiy they can to screw you over. You will get paid low wages for the work of 3 people, and then constantly dumped on.

Get your head out of your butt and realize the employees you have, are ALL you have. You have lost me and many of my talented friends because of your TERRIBLE business practices and complete lack of understanding and ethics.

Client Executive

Former Employee - Client Executive  in  Mississauga, ON (Canada)
    Former Employee - Client Executive in Mississauga, ON (Canada)

I worked at Metafore Technologies full-time for more than 3 years

Pros

They have the capabilities to do some interesting projects and the critical mass to be involved in large customers.

Cons

Pay is below average and management worked very hard to prevent paying sales reps commissions. The comp plan is complicated by design and they used every technicality in the book to avoid paying reps for deals they closed. There is a culture of failure and the door of sales reps is constantly revolving. There are a few people who have been there for a long time but I saw alot of sales people come and go after only a few months.

Pay your reps the money they are owed.

4. We want your feedback – Are these company reviews helpful to you?  Yes | No

Walk away and do not look back.

Current Employee - Help Desk Agent  in  Calgary, AB (Canada)
    Current Employee - Help Desk Agent in Calgary, AB (Canada)

I have been working at Metafore Technologies as a contractor for less than a year

Pros

Great team below the management and team leadership level. It was an opportunity when I needed work but leaving before my contract is up. I do not recommend this company to anyone.

Cons

Due to staff shortage more and more work are being piled on to the staff. Work goes mostly unnoticed unless something goes wrong. Management/Leadership team does not seem to know what is going on and lacks the ability to motivate and give team members confidence. There are non existent reviews and no incentives short of trying to keep a job in order to keep a steady pay check. People routinely work without signed contracts or any information about extensions of contracts.
    Because of staff shortages and apparent refusal to hire additional help many people are developing an I don’t care anymore attitude to match the support level they seem to be receiving.
    When the company seems to be having an issue with profits it’s the staff the staff are treated as though they do not matter and to work harder to make the owners more money.

Learn to appreciate your staff more. They are people and not material assets. Work to stregthen your teams and not undermind their abilities. Remember that it's your front line workers and staff that make the company successful. Given the attitude witnessed to your staff I would recommend shutting the company down to save face or reevaluating your company philosophy and changing your approch to staff.

No direction or focua

I worked at Metafore Technologies

Pros

Used to be better. Use to be a Family Company.

Cons

Bad Management, best people have have left, no focus or direction, employees are not looked after. Morale was bad.

Take care of your employees, learn what they do. Appreciate the workers. Talk to the people not pulling their weight. Understand the business your are in. Provide proper Customer Service to internal and external clients.

No better or worse then any other employer

Current Employee - Information Technology  in  Calgary, AB (Canada)
    Current Employee - Information Technology in Calgary, AB (Canada)

I have been working at Metafore Technologies full-time for more than 5 years

Pros

What can I say? They offered me a job, I took it. It wasn't the one I desired, but I needed a job to pay the bills, and I could advance of my own effort. The new contact I have at Metafore deserves an award for remaining diligent while dealing with the fallout from all the garbage that occurred before he came.

Cons

During 2011, I would have to say was the worst, and darkest time for Metafore. After they were bought by Hartco, things just went south. This made being an employee really crappy, simply because I was treated like I didn't exist. That is, until I asked for training, and they flipped out, threw out a bunch of restrictions to the point it wasn't worth it. With so many of the management quitting, or being laid off, I was without a contact at Metafore (I work offsite) for nearly a year.

I tried to go independent, and was met with every roadblock they could throw at me. I wasn't asking to leave them, I wanted to do things through my own company, and flow through them. That way I could make more money to support my life. However, they make less money off MY efforts that way, for the job I got myself, not through them (advancement within the company I contract to).

As a note, I place that I won't recommend a friend to Metafore as an employer. I recommend anyone that is in IT to incorporate and flow through, I'm sure it would be better, however, other companies won't charge as much as Metafore does.

Staff don't quit jobs, they quit management. If you want the company to be strong, quit treating your staff like crap, in the hopes they won't leave, or trying to count on them loving whatever company they're at, so they won't leave. It'll burn you in the end.

Good place to work

I have been working at Metafore Technologies full-time for more than a year

Pros

Stable, Good colleagues and not much stress

Cons

Needs to have huge self emotions

Hope to give a blueprint for the future as like a career path per each position

Busy

Current Employee - Service Delivery Specialist
    Current Employee - Service Delivery Specialist

I have been working at Metafore Technologies full-time for more than 5 years

Pros

Very busy, but lots of good people and processes in place.

Cons

Too busy and not enough support..not enough people to do the necessary everyday tasks

Keep communication open, and not take advantage of current employees thinking that they should just want to work overtime.

Great company to work for

Current Employee - Recruiter  in  Calgary, AB (Canada)
    Current Employee - Recruiter in Calgary, AB (Canada)

I have been working at Metafore Technologies full-time for less than a year

Pros

Relaxed work environment, they treat their employees with respect. I’m not sure why people are saying it’s micromanaged, obviously you haven’t worked for many companies, this place is anything but. Lots of career growth, they do promote within, we just hired a new recruiter from internal Metafore.

Cons

There are office politics but you get that with any large company.

keep up the good work.

Does not promote from within

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee  in  Calgary, AB (Canada)
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Calgary, AB (Canada)

I have been working at Metafore Technologies

Pros

Relaxed working environment. Decent health and dental benefits. RRSP matching program. It's easy to take time off usually. Good team members.

Cons

Metafore does not promote within which makes it hard to get any help when trying to move up within the company. High turnover with Management and employees shows a lack of commitment. Employee training and career development is very minimal...

Look where everyone is leaving to and find out why. Perhaps they are doing something that you can work on. If you want to keep us, then prove it. Small raises won't cut it though.

Worked for Metafore Technologies? Contribute to the Community!