Metal Building Components Reviews

1 Rating

ISC Account Representative

Former Employee - Inside Sales Representative
    Former Employee - Inside Sales Representative

Pros

Creating a consistant business relationship with new clients.

Cons

Not enough hours in the day to complete all tasks.

Advice to Management

Hire more staff to cover all of the depatrment demands.

2. Cost Accountant and Reporting Manager

Former Employee - Cost Accountant in Houston, TX
    Former Employee - Cost Accountant in Houston, TX

I worked at Metal Building Components full-time (More than a year)

Pros

There were many good people there. I enjoyed my coworkers and the type of work that I was doing. That is all.

Cons

The expectation was that salaried employees were to work 60 hours per even if the workload did not support that many hours. I was told that I could not leave at the end of the day until I asked and was granted permission to do so. The attitude was, "No one goes home until everyone goes home".

Advice to Management

Respect people and realize that they are humans with lives outside of work. Employees are not disposable tools.

3. Sales Coordinator

I have been working at Metal Building Components full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

the people, not including most management

Cons

No development of employees. Lack of organization throughout the company. You will steadily be asked to handle more and more responsibility with increase in pay. Some managers are nice, most are sexist pigs. I think the only people who enjoy it here are those in management.

Advice to Management

Get out of the dark ages. Just because the construction industry is full of a bunch of good ole' boys doesn't mean you have to act like its the 1980's. Also, pay your employees what they deserve.

Would be a great place to work but...

I worked at Metal Building Components full-time (More than a year)

Pros

If you like lots of overtime you will enjoy this company. And you do not have a life after work.

Cons

Good ole boy mentality through and through. From the top to the bottom. If you are not in the 'iin-crowd' then you are looked over for promotions.

Advice to Management

Stop the good ole boy mentality. Allow people to be promoted that do not always say 'yes' to you. Sometimes a 'no' is the best advice or word on a subject/job/work. Having 'yes' people around you does not mean you are right/correct, it does mean your ego needs to be massaged

6. No advancement. Pretty much just keep your mouth shut and don't voice your opinion on anything. Also, heater kept on 80

Current Employee - Sales Coordinator in San Antonio, TX
    Current Employee - Sales Coordinator in San Antonio, TX

I have been working at Metal Building Components full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Relaxed environment to work in.

Cons

It is very hot inside of the building. Honestly I feel like I might pass out some days.

Advice to Management

Let employees voice opinion and have a backbone.

a great place for the right person

Former Employee - Sales in Indianapolis, IN
    Former Employee - Sales in Indianapolis, IN

I worked at Metal Building Components full-time (More than 5 years)

Pros

A lot of the people who actually work here become like family

Cons

Way to much micro managing. To much forwarding of emails by management to avoid responsibility. Good Ole boy company...too many managers and not enough of the good people who actually work.

Advice to Management

As for advice. Dangerously close to losing great customers to the fact managers are glorified delegators who don't want to help, but only complain to those who are actually selling and servicing the customers. Your "title" doesn't earn you respect you think you deserve. People don't follow titles , they follow action.

Highly unorganized marketing/design department

Pros

Salary they paid was competitive and matched the position

Cons

They do not have the right position for the job they need. They want to include three positions and job duties in one so work is overflow and things fall out of the cracks. Also, they were not willing to invest in or build a project management application to manage 20+ sub brands, each of which acts as a company on its own. No guidance or training but they will evaluate you hard during probation period. Too much internal competition within department, us vs them attitude.

Advice to Management

Need to invest in tools for project management and better organize the workflow. Define the need and hire people accordingly instead of hiring one to fulfill several job descriptions.

Horrible work environment. Lots of internal politics. Lack of executive integrity.

Former Employee - Credit Manager in Houston, TX
    Former Employee - Credit Manager in Houston, TX

I worked at Metal Building Components full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

Not many. Dominant player in their space.

Cons

Executives lack integrity. Lots of internal politics. Company has love/hate relationship with customers and vendors. Competitors have an easy time picking them off.

Advice to Management

Sell the company and replace the entire management staff.

RSS Feed </> Embed