Metasoft Systems Reviews

23 reviews filtered by
3.4
Trevor Skillen

1. Overall a good company to work for

I have been working at Metasoft Systems (more than 3 years)

Pros

-Really good people
    -Friendly environment
    -Great products
    -Stable company
    -Feel good helping charities and nonprofits
    -Internal promotions
    -Good location

Cons

Lack of communication between managers and employees
    -Not enough team building activities…the people on the 4th floor don’t really know the people on the 2nd floor
    -Selling to nonprofits is not easy… even with the 100% money-back guarantee policy

Advice to Management

-Listen to the staff and have more team building activities

2. Where did my review go? I had a scathing review of this company which has been removed.

Former Employee - Inside Sales Representative in Vancouver, BC (Canada)
    Former Employee - Inside Sales Representative in Vancouver, BC (Canada)

I worked at Metasoft Systems full-time (less than a year)

Pros

You can leave at 3 PM.

Cons

Worst Job Ever.

Manager treats employees as children/imbeciles.

Not even any cream or milk for coffee.

Horrible horrible work environment.

Working at this company is the bottom of the rotten barrel.

Stay away.

3. Refreshing Culture and a Real Family Oriented Environment

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Vancouver, BC (Canada)
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Vancouver, BC (Canada)

I have been working at Metasoft Systems full-time (more than 10 years)

Pros

Thanks to a great corporate vision, this company is always evolving. The products they have developed and continue to advance are second to none in the world of non-profit fundraising.

With very few exceptions, the people here genuinely care about each other which makes for a real home away from home setting. My coworkers are a group of the most dedicated, hardworking and brightest people I have enjoyed working with in my entire career (and it's been a long one).

Cons

Would be nice to have social events on a more regular basis. The events we do have are a blast.

Cohesive Team with a Heads Down "We Can Do This" Motto

Current Employee - Senior Sales Executive in Vancouver, BC (Canada)
    Current Employee - Senior Sales Executive in Vancouver, BC (Canada)

I have been working at Metasoft Systems

Pros

I recently relocated to the area and I was seeking employment with an organization where I could make a difference. I sought an opportunity where I could help others while making a living for myself. I applied to a Senior Sales role with Metasoft and I interviewed with two divisions. I found both Managers very helpful and knowledgeable. I found both opportunities intriguing and saw the potential for growth in each. My intention was to choose a role that I could learn, grow and excel. I made my choice and joined the team immediately. My intention now is to be with the company for many years to come and potentially move into a management role in the future. I am learning the online resource and I have found it to be a very comprehensive tool for Charities and Non Profits. I have worked as a volunteer for many International Charities in various capacities and I wish I had had this tool during my tenure. I feel that had I had access to Foundation Search I would have succeeded in securing more funding for our projects.

I have been with the company for just over a month now and have found the team I work with extremely welcoming, helpful and knowledgeable. Our manager has an open door policy and is very approachable. I continue to be impressed and humbled by their dedication to the members of our online resource; their willingness to help and guide me in a time when the team was committed to achieving a very large quota; and the overall positive energy of all teams on our floor. I have made a point of meeting the teams on various floors and interact when possible. We all have our own quotas and it is a business where building your pipeline is key to success. Though everyone is very friendly and approachable, you can also sense and see that there is a job to do and they do it well. I feel that having an entrepreneurial spirit has helped me in this role. This is not a role where I would get a lot of hand holding. I have taken it upon myself to learn as much as I could about the system on my own and only asking questions when I was not able to find the answers myself. I very much enjoy working with my team, learning the resource, I continue to be fascinated by the extensive Global reach of members we are helping and the projects they are seeking to fund and how we are able to help them find prospective funders, manage their prospects and report on them. I have looked at other systems that could be viewed as competition but found that they lack the depth and breath of information on Foundation and Corporate Grants that Metasoft offers. I have made the right choice and I am looking forward to a long and rewarding career!

Cons

I joined at a time when there was a great deal of pressure on our team to achieve a large quota and there was little time for my training. I basically chose to dive into the deep end and not only get my feet wet but be completely submerged in an environment that was electric and inspirational. Perhaps having a more formal training in the form of a New Employee Manual would be helpful. Other than this, I do not see any Cons at this time.

Advice to Management

Perhaps New Employee Training Manual - Policies, Do & Don't, etc.

6. Learning experience with management hurdles

Former Employee - Lead Qualification Representative in Vancouver, BC (Canada)
    Former Employee - Lead Qualification Representative in Vancouver, BC (Canada)

I worked at Metasoft Systems

Pros

I hadn't been with this company for a long time but I did learn a lot while I was here. You are able to help NPO's which is great. The product that they do sell is something that many NPO's can benefit from. The training for the department I was in has from my perspective changed and evolved and gotten more comprehensive. From when I started in the organization to my departure, I had 3 different positions and responsibilities and each step of the way, I've learned more about the NPO world than I would had I not worked here. The atmosphere on the floor that I worked on was very interesting, I worked with some great people and everyone was very open to feedback and ideas. I felt like I was working for a start up inside of a bigger organization and that was great. Everyone wants you to succeed and grow personally, so they'll help you reach the goals that you have.

Cons

As with any company, there is cons but the cons are things that can be fixed or overcome.
    Learning about NPO's is great but we are a sales company so it is a hard sale and a difficult sale. It's difficult to sell to people who have no money but at the same time that's part of the job, you just learn to deal and overcome objections. There is little to no communication management on different floors which can lead to discord and a lot of he said, she said and it's hard to get a straight answer. A lot of the management is over worked and there is a lot of expectations put on them. If you expect to make a ton of money here, it probably won't happen.

Advice to Management

Learn to appreciate your staff, using monetary gains or even certificates. Instead of telling people what they're doing wrong, tell them what they're doing right and congratulate them. Have open communication between management, it will create less run around and work on KPI's that apply directly to the position that the individual is in.

My experience as a long-term employee!

I have been working at Metasoft Systems

Pros

I have been working for Metasoft Systems since 2006. You can be the happiest employee if you know your responsibilities, own them and do the best you can do. The key is to know what you love to do and if it's something you can find at Metasoft, you can be very successful and satisfied. The people I work with are the best part of the company. They are like family to me.

Cons

We could do more social activities to get to know different employees in different departments.

It was a great place to work

Former Employee - Accounts Executive in Vancouver, BC (Canada)
    Former Employee - Accounts Executive in Vancouver, BC (Canada)

I worked at Metasoft Systems full-time (more than 3 years)

Pros

- nice people
    -fun outings
    - atmosphere was non confrontational
    - boss was great and did not micro manage
    -boss very flexible and was never watched while going to the washroom or out for a smoke,
    -i dont know what the person that put that review on was talking about as it was a great atmosphere to work in.
    -position was gratifying as it involved helping non profits and gives a sense of satisfaction knowing that with this resource the world is a better place.

Cons

- only challenge was that it is not the easiest sale to non profit and the base could be higher but all in all a great place to work.

Advice to Management

raise the base salary and you will retain employees

Former Employee - Junior Administrative/Receptionist
    Former Employee - Junior Administrative/Receptionist

I worked at Metasoft Systems full-time

Pros

- Management style: There was an open door policy and no micro management; you have the freedom to work on tasks on your own.
    - Meaningful work by helping non-profits and local communities.
    - Great team and company culture: everyone on my team was very friendly, helpful, and fun to work with.
    - Good company to get your professional career experience.
    - Good training as well.

Cons

- Early morning shift: it was hard to get up super early in the winter time

10. Yikes...Potential Candidates Beware! Avoid This Organization At All Costs.

Former Employee - Account Manager in Vancouver, BC (Canada)
    Former Employee - Account Manager in Vancouver, BC (Canada)

I worked at Metasoft Systems full-time (more than a year)

Pros

Offices are located in the heart of Gastown...and that's where the benefits end.

Cons

Management and executive leadership promote a bullying mentality among their employees; No process for reporting threatening behaviour; Salary expectations are never achieved, even after successful completion of quotas; High turnover of employees - noted at between 4-6 per month. Don't kid yourself, you are not helping non-profits nearly as much as you claim, rather, you are putting money in the CEO's pockets.

Advice to Management

Threatening and abusive behaviour should not be tolerated; Policies and a reporting process is legally required to be implemented within every organizations structure - despite your stubborn attitude towards one. Please stop lying to your candidates and employee's.

11. They over promise and under deliver on their expectations

I worked at Metasoft Systems full-time (less than a year)

Pros

Unable to comment as I have nothing positive to say

Cons

Not of very good work environment