Metatomix

Add Photos

Jeff Dickerson

Former Employee

Senior Software Engineer (Former Employee) Dedham, MA

Prossmall company, entrepreneurial spirit, company bought Friday pizzas, good pay and benefits, some very talented, bright and forward thinking engineers, friendly holiday schedule

Conslots of turnover, changing customer and product pursuits to frequently, lack of focus, very long sales cycle, lack or growth in the near term, with limited company size and near term growth the possibility for advancement was limited

Interesting work but lacked direction as a company

(Former Employee) Dedham, MA

Pros- Learned some cool stuff
    - Some were nice to work with

ConsSimply horrible top management with a few exceptions. They didn't know what they were doing and in the end most people were let go and the worst CEO. Just a big talker. Most co-workers were pretty detached and didn't seem cohesive in any way at least in the group that I was in. It was just a pretty snobby and uncomfortable work environment.

Advice to Senior ManagementIt's too late for that, the company sank like the Titanic.

Needs some improvement

Senior Software Engineer (Former Employee) Dedham, MA

ProsSolutions focused on better communication between courts and law agencies. It's good to know that your work is helping to catch criminals. We did some interesting work with RDF and Semantic Web technologies.

ConsMetatomix would have benefited from stronger product marketing and project management. As an engineer, I rarely had a good feel for what the customer wanted or needed. It's pretty difficult to make design decisions without understanding customer requirements. Project time lines and milestones were rarely clearly communicated.

Advice to Senior ManagementManagement needs to be honest with itself about whether the company is a product or services company. I believe this identity crisis has made it difficult for management to set a proper course.

1. We want your feedback – Are these company reviews helpful to you?  Yes | No

Company struggles to define its mission and execute on it.

Anonymous Employee (Former Employee) Dedham, MA

ProsIntegrated Justice is a worthwhile problem domain.

Co-workers are very talented.

Management works hard to preserve benefits and inoculates workforce against seasonal flue.

ConsManagement is struggling to define goals.

RIFs have culled the workforce of some of the most talented individuals.

There is a lack of follow-through on stated intentions to excel in semantic technologies.

The company has fielded a lot of applications but has not perfected them to the point where they can be easily maintained, extended, or upgraded.

Advice to Senior ManagementWhere to begin? Technical services needs both technical and business management. This is something I would address quickly.

Bad management team

Platform Engineer (Former Employee)

ProsEasier to commute, Leaned new technology and made good friends.

Conscompany's going nowhere, worst management team ever

Advice to Senior Managementtry harder and dont give up so easily.

Worked for Metatomix? Contribute to the Community!