Metavante Image Solutions

Metavante Image Solutions

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee  in  Oklahoma City, OK
    Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Oklahoma City, OK

I worked at Metavante Image Solutions

Pros

MIS was a great place to learn, grow and wield skills to make a difference in the lives of customers. Overall it served as a satisfying experience.

Cons

There were very few cons working at MIS. If I had to find something to pick on, I suppose an improvement in performing performance reviews, and tying rewards to exceptional reviews.

Keep it up! Put the customer first, and ensure that the employees understand how important that is. If you do good, take care of the grunts!

Work environment was great as long as you never get ill

Former Employee - Technical Writer  in  Oklahoma City, OK
    Former Employee - Technical Writer in Oklahoma City, OK

I worked at Metavante Image Solutions full-time for more than a year

Pros

Great offices, awesome personnel, Made a lot of good friends.

Cons

Once you get ill and have to take time off or re-arrange your schedule for any reason you might just as well quit as continue on unless you have been an asset for several years. There was a double standard with illness of someone with less than 2 years versus just over 2 years with the company with extreme (simple periodic time off vs home-bound illnesses).

Nothing to add they went through a transition and a takeover with all of the hardships that went along with that. but believe still exist under another new name. remember your employees are your best assets-- NOT the bottom line ALL of the TIME

A spiral of failure

Former Employee - Project Manager  in  Addison, TX
    Former Employee - Project Manager in Addison, TX

I worked at Metavante Image Solutions

Pros

Good compensation, good advancement opportunities when the company was doing well. Strong focus on bringing in experienced hires to support their complex applications.

Cons

All communication is top down. Affiliates in Texas and Oklahoma are treated like 2nd class employees. Communication between business units is often poor. Senior management has no regard for employees and will happily pat themselves on the back when things go well and rush to layoffs the 2nd anything looks bad. They were quick to lay people off to recoup costs yet pursued sales and revenue when their bonuses were in jeopardy.
    Went through a painful project management practice only to have the whole thing scrapped when the merger with FIS went through.

People care about the company but morale is low because you continually demonstrate you can't be trusted. Talking about sacrifice and hard decisions seems pretty hollow when we have senior management whose only job is to manage one senior manager below them.

4. We want your feedback – Are these company reviews helpful to you?  Yes | No

Metavante and Metavante Image Solutions not the place to be.

Current Employee - Worker Drone
    Current Employee - Worker Drone

I have been working at Metavante Image Solutions

Pros

The company I worked for before Metavante bought us was great. Now it's just a bunch of beat-down people looking for new jobs.

Cons

Metavante Image Solutions is a groups of companies that Metavante in Milwaukee didn't know what to do with so they call us MIS, and even at this late stage in the game, we still feel like second class employees. In addition, we are still licking our wounds from the damage that Brian C. Hurdis did to our morale. Once it was a place with core hours between 10 and 3 and a casual work from home policy. Brian canceled all of that. Now core hours are 8 to 5. Hey Brian, those are regular business hours, and not everyone has the short little no traffic Milwaukee commute. A 27 mile commute takes me 1.5 hours if I'm lucky. How long would that take in Milwaukee.

The corporate office (Metavante) is a bloated organization that moves at a glacial pace that never seems to get anything done. Some of the Milwaukee groups have been talking about the same subject to two years and have yet to take action. No one in Milwaukee gives a hoot about anyone other than Milwaukee. Everyone I’ve dealt with at the corporate office has been difficult to work with. Sometimes, it seems if they were working against me, or wanted me to fail. Not to mention they always seem to be in a bad mood. Therefore, I suggest anyone thinking about a career with anything related to Metavante, think twice. OH, they use Lotus notes. Thanks to Brian.

Get a clue. We are unhappy, and have very little hope for the future in this company. Good luck keeping any twentysomething employees. This is just not the right environment for twentysomething or genXers. There is no mentoring so who is going to lead the company in the future. It's all bottom line this and bottom line that. Come on Frank, take some time to create leadership for the future. Brian, get a grip your management style to very 1950s ex military man.

Sinking ship.

Former Employee - Sales Professional  in  Addison, TX
    Former Employee - Sales Professional in Addison, TX

I worked at Metavante Image Solutions

Pros

A paycheck with benefits to boot.

Cons

AFS had no vision of becoming a true business. All the old cherry pickers had seniority with no real skills to address the changing market.

Get a clue.

Metavante is a good place to work

Current Employee - QA Analyst  in  Oklahoma City, OK
    Current Employee - QA Analyst in Oklahoma City, OK

I have been working at Metavante Image Solutions

Pros

Benefits, employee activities, and community activities

Cons

Always more work coming in

Be more open and honest why there is a salary freeze

Great Place to Work!

Current Employee - Programmer Developer  in  Dallas, TX
    Current Employee - Programmer Developer in Dallas, TX

I have been working at Metavante Image Solutions

Pros

They have job posting and many locations. They advocate continued development and offer opportunites for training and skill development.

Cons

Currently Metavante Image Solutions does not allow the opportunity to work remote which most technology companies do. In doing this it would help reduce the impact of the rising cost of living, show the employess that management trusts the employees and ultimately make the company more flexible.

Reconsider allowing employees to work remote. With gas prices going up along with the over all cost of living allowing employees to work from home would signigicantly help financially. It would also demonstrate that management trusts the employees to do the right thing.

Excellent when working with the right people

Former Employee - Business Analyst
    Former Employee - Business Analyst

I worked at Metavante Image Solutions

Pros

Pay, vacation and quality of people

Cons

downsizing to many of the same applications

Great company to start a career in information technology.

I have been working at Metavante Image Solutions

Pros

Competitive pay and benefits to start a career.
    Able to achieve work/life balance if you manage your time well; result oriented teams.
    Friendly environment.

Cons

Limited growth opportunity; employee movements are more lateral, rather than vertical.
    Weaker management and lower employee morals after several mergers & acquisitions.

Improve employee morals and provide more career advancement opportunities for employees.
    Improve communcation and transparency in management decision.

Worked for Metavante Image Solutions? Contribute to the Community!