Metavante Image Solutions

Add Photos

Brian C. Hurdis

Metavante Image Solutions

Anonymous Employee (Former Employee) Oklahoma City, OK

ProsMIS was a great place to learn, grow and wield skills to make a difference in the lives of customers. Overall it served as a satisfying experience.

ConsThere were very few cons working at MIS. If I had to find something to pick on, I suppose an improvement in performing performance reviews, and tying rewards to exceptional reviews.

Advice to Senior ManagementKeep it up! Put the customer first, and ensure that the employees understand how important that is. If you do good, take care of the grunts!

Work environment was great as long as you never get ill

Technical Writer (Former Employee) Oklahoma City, OK

ProsGreat offices, awesome personnel, Made a lot of good friends.

ConsOnce you get ill and have to take time off or re-arrange your schedule for any reason you might just as well quit as continue on unless you have been an asset for several years. There was a double standard with illness of someone with less than 2 years versus just over 2 years with the company with extreme (simple periodic time off vs home-bound illnesses).

Advice to Senior ManagementNothing to add they went through a transition and a takeover with all of the hardships that went along with that. but believe still exist under another new name. remember your employees are your best assets-- NOT the bottom line ALL of the TIME

A spiral of failure

Project Manager (Former Employee) Addison, TX

ProsGood compensation, good advancement opportunities when the company was doing well. Strong focus on bringing in experienced hires to support their complex applications.

ConsAll communication is top down. Affiliates in Texas and Oklahoma are treated like 2nd class employees. Communication between business units is often poor. Senior management has no regard for employees and will happily pat themselves on the back when things go well and rush to layoffs the 2nd anything looks bad. They were quick to lay people off to recoup costs yet pursued sales and revenue when their bonuses were in jeopardy.
    Went through a painful project management practice only to have the whole thing scrapped when the merger with FIS went through.

Advice to Senior ManagementPeople care about the company but morale is low because you continually demonstrate you can't be trusted. Talking about sacrifice and hard decisions seems pretty hollow when we have senior management whose only job is to manage one senior manager below them.

1. We want your feedback – Are these company reviews helpful to you?  Yes | No

Metavante and Metavante Image Solutions not the place to be.

Worker Drone (Current Employee)

ProsThe company I worked for before Metavante bought us was great. Now it's just a bunch of beat-down people looking for new jobs.

ConsMetavante Image Solutions is a groups of companies that Metavante in Milwaukee didn't know what to do with so they call us MIS, and even at this late stage in the game, we still feel like second class employees. In addition, we are still licking our wounds from the damage that Brian C. Hurdis did to our morale. Once it was a place with core hours between 10 and 3 and a casual work from home policy. Brian canceled all of that. Now core hours are 8 to 5. Hey Brian, those are regular business hours, and not everyone has the short little no traffic Milwaukee commute. A 27 mile commute takes me 1.5 hours if I'm lucky. How long would that take in Milwaukee.

The corporate office (Metavante) is a bloated organization that moves at a glacial pace that never seems to get anything done. Some of the Milwaukee groups have been talking about the same subject to two years and have yet to take action. No one in Milwaukee gives a hoot about anyone other than Milwaukee. Everyone I’ve dealt with at the corporate office has been difficult to work with. Sometimes, it seems if they were working against me, or wanted me to fail. Not to mention they always seem to be in a bad mood. Therefore, I suggest anyone thinking about a career with anything related to Metavante, think twice. OH, they use Lotus notes. Thanks to Brian.

Advice to Senior ManagementGet a clue. We are unhappy, and have very little hope for the future in this company. Good luck keeping any twentysomething employees. This is just not the right environment for twentysomething or genXers. There is no mentoring so who is going to lead the company in the future. It's all bottom line this and bottom line that. Come on Frank, take some time to create leadership for the future. Brian, get a grip your management style to very 1950s ex military man.

Sinking ship.

Sales Professional (Former Employee) Addison, TX

ProsA paycheck with benefits to boot.

ConsAFS had no vision of becoming a true business. All the old cherry pickers had seniority with no real skills to address the changing market.

Advice to Senior ManagementGet a clue.

Metavante is a good place to work

QA Analyst (Current Employee) Oklahoma City, OK

ProsBenefits, employee activities, and community activities

ConsAlways more work coming in

Advice to Senior ManagementBe more open and honest why there is a salary freeze

Great Place to Work!

Programmer Developer (Current Employee) Dallas, TX

ProsThey have job posting and many locations. They advocate continued development and offer opportunites for training and skill development.

ConsCurrently Metavante Image Solutions does not allow the opportunity to work remote which most technology companies do. In doing this it would help reduce the impact of the rising cost of living, show the employess that management trusts the employees and ultimately make the company more flexible.

Advice to Senior ManagementReconsider allowing employees to work remote. With gas prices going up along with the over all cost of living allowing employees to work from home would signigicantly help financially. It would also demonstrate that management trusts the employees to do the right thing.

Excellent when working with the right people

Business Analyst (Former Employee)

ProsPay, vacation and quality of people

Consdownsizing to many of the same applications

Great company to start a career in information technology.

ProsCompetitive pay and benefits to start a career.
    Able to achieve work/life balance if you manage your time well; result oriented teams.
    Friendly environment.

ConsLimited growth opportunity; employee movements are more lateral, rather than vertical.
    Weaker management and lower employee morals after several mergers & acquisitions.

Advice to Senior ManagementImprove employee morals and provide more career advancement opportunities for employees.
    Improve communcation and transparency in management decision.

Worked for Metavante Image Solutions? Contribute to the Community!