Metavante

Be The First To
Add Photos

Metavante President, CEO, and Director Frank R. Martire

Frank R. Martire

Loved the company until it was acquired by Fidelity National Information Services

I worked at Metavante full-time for more than 8 years

ProsOpen and honest communication, friendly employees, very competitive salary, company events, client conferences, employees were highly valued.

ConsAcquired by Fidelity National Information Services in 2009 and everything quickly spiraled downhill. The acquisition was the result of the financial crisis and banks/credit unions falling under or being shut down by the government. What used to seem like a n open and honest culture quickly changed to deceptive and backstabbing.

Interesting

Computer Systems Analyst (Former Employee)
Brown Deer, WI

I worked at Metavante full-time for more than 8 years

ProsSupervisor allowed the employers to work with very little supervision.

ConsThe company expects you to work in more than your own area.

Advice to Senior ManagementManagement should be more involved with the work of the supervisors.

Good Colleagues but Management going downhill since it became FIS Global

Programmer Analyst (Former Employee)

I worked at Metavante full-time for more than 3 years

Pros-Good and friendly Colleagues
-Laid Back Environment (used to be until the merger)

Cons-Salary is below market average
-Promotion is slow, and you have to almost beg for it. Management will not just realize the good works you did and promote you...you have to ask and fight for it. My first promotion took me almost 3 years despite of having scored excellent in annual reviews.
-Annual raise is 3% for the whole department which is divided among the department employees and some get 1.5%, some 2% and some favorite ones get 4%...but average was just about 2%.
-No annual bonuses
-Management are all old school type and goes by the book
-When it was metavante, everyone felt like its their own company and everyone as a family....but since the merger, lot of good people were let go and lot of remaining also have left or are looking for new jobs.
-Health benefit is just average

Advice to Senior ManagementManagement seriously look into how to save remaining employees from quitting...People are unhappy in each and every department...There is no incentive to work here anymore.

Account Management

Client Relationship Manager (Former Employee)
Altamonte Springs, FL

I worked at Metavante full-time for more than 3 years

ProsGreat new account management team. Very supportive.

ConsExtremely poor management style. Over communication, to much detail and paperwork. Example: management drilled all the account managers prior to meeting with their customers at annual company conferences.

Advice to Senior ManagementNeed to hire new management with better skills.

Employee Nightmare

I worked at Metavante full-time

ProsGood salary and benefits. Good work to life blance.

ConsManagers are irresponsible and self-serving. Will use employees as excuse for poor unit performance and lay-off workers rather than change ineffective and incompetent management.

Advice to Senior ManagementGet real managers if you except actual performance and not just window dressing. Employees can excell when allowed and encouraged to. Less political infighting and posturing and more knowledge of what is actually going on within the company.

Sub-Par Health Benefits and improper division of labor

Senior Programmer Analyst (Former Employee)
Waltham, MA

I worked at Metavante full-time for more than a year

ProsI had a chance to work with the latest tools, learn new things, and work with great people

ConsPoor upper management led to frequent instabilities in the software.

Advice to Senior Management* Hire more business analysts to take stress off of engineers
* Hire multiple software architects who really know what they are doing
* Hire an information architect to make the product more attractive and improve user experience

Learned a lot of entry level technical and call center skills that are universal for career advancement.

Technical Support Specialist (Former Employee)

I worked at Metavante

ProsThey have excellent training and reference resources for your day to day job. You'll learn a lot about banking, payment processing, technical troubleshooting, bill pay, tax services, and call-center customer service. All of those skills combined for one job looks good on a resume.

ConsIt's a lot to learn in a stressful environment for little pay. There's no good incentive programs or bonuses for the hard work that's put in to managing the phone lines and irate customers. Also, it's a 24/7 operation center, so schedules aren't always flexible.

Advice to Senior ManagementIt would be nice if the management team did occasional meetings with their teams to open up the line of communication.

Not bad

Senior Analyst (Current Employee)
Milwaukee, WI

I have been working at Metavante

ProsJob security as company still meeting numbers

Constoo many layers to be able to noticed and gro within the company.

Advice to Senior ManagementHave 36 degree review process to rate managers as well. Managers get full freedom to make their own rules that may get company in trouble

Nice atmosphere - very challenging assignments

I worked at Metavante

Pros- Good people around - knowledge galore
- 100% 401k match
- Very flexible working hours and work from home policy

Cons- Career progress challenging - Limited roles for progress in technical, functional or even QA roles
- Demanding work - Might have to work on weekends also

Advice to Senior Management- Great Leadership. Had full faith that this would become a global company, however shouldn't have merged with FIS. Not sure how the culture will change now.

Was good before the FIS acquisition

Development (Former Employee)

I worked at Metavante

ProsWas a good company, with respect for employees even if was not perfect.

ConsManagement decision to sell to FIS made senior executives even richer, but mainstreet employees in a much worse position. Benefits reduced and the 'not discussed' layoffs left morale low.

Advice to Senior ManagementQuit trying to pretend that the layoffs aren't happening.

Worked for Metavante? Contribute to the Community!

Glassdoor is your free inside look at Metavante reviews and ratings — including employee satisfaction and approval rating for Metavante CEO Frank R. Martire. All 39 reviews posted anonymously by Metavante employees.