Methode Electronics

Add Photos

Methode Electronics President, CEO, and Director Donald W. Duda

Donald W. Duda

Long Hiring Process, but satisfied in the end

I have been working at Methode Electronics full-time for less than a year

ProsMethode is a well established electronics manufacturer. Coming from a large company to a smaller sized Methode has taken some adjustment, but in general the people are very supportive and there is a general desire to do things better across the entire workforce

ConsThere could be a little more delegation and some of their support systems could be updated. The ones used work, but not as efficiently as new systems

Advice to Senior ManagementNeed to have a more know long term strategy.

If you like political BS, back stabbing and poor management, work for Methode, you'll fit right in.

Chicago, IL

I have been working at Methode Electronics as a contractor for less than a year

ProsThey pay weekly and give a semblance of a work life balance, but the pay is minimal compared to industry averages and you're hounded for taking time off.

ConsWhere to begin... You'll either work for a manager who doesn't know the product, doesn't care about the product or doesn't care about managing his group. Be prepared to regularly be thrown under the bus if you bring up any types of improvements that they can undertake. Management, at all levels, plays a polarizing, political game that makes upward mobility not only impossible, but frowned upon. Culture is that of doing whatever it takes (including lying, cheating and stealing). I had my manager tell me that I needed to fit better with the culture of the company and lie to get things done. Be prepared to work your tail off for little recognition and a lot of headache. There's discrimination in all portions of the hiring process as well as in corporate as well. If you are a woman or a minority, be prepared to get paid less and be treated poorly. Average age of employees at the corporate office is quickly approaching 60. I wouldn't recommend this company to my worst enemy.

Advice to Senior ManagementChange your culture or you'll run yourselves out of business. Stagnation at all levels is a negative form of change that will eventually leave you with too many employees retiring and not enough interested in working for an archaic organization.

Good Company to Work, Balanced Work Loads, and Flexible Schedule

Software Engineer (Current Employee)
Hunt Valley, MD

I have been working at Methode Electronics as a contractor for more than a year

Prosgood working environment, nice experience

ConsGroup is too small. Learn by myself

Advice to Senior Managementmore teamwork

lack of Management in some areas

Quality Liaison Engineer (Current Employee)
Southfield, MI

I have been working at Methode Electronics full-time for more than a year

Prossome good grow opportunities, Good co workers .

ConsBad Manager's desition as they does not know the product, in detail.

Advice to Senior Managementneed to be more involved with the product and ther people. that will result on a good Team work from up to low/

high turnover, managers don't know how to manage

I have been working at Methode Electronics full-time

Prosbagels on monday, bbqs, lots of free food in break room
friendly and interesting coworkers

Conshigh turnover
systems don't work
inexperienced managers micromanage whatever catchs their attention while ignoring big problems they don't understand or don't want to deal with
you may be asked to go to the Mexico plant often depending on your job

Advice to Senior Managementneed to start addressing real problems

At times the employee morale was disappointingly low.

Anonymous Employee (Former Employee)
Harwood Heights, IL

I worked at Methode Electronics

ProsCompetitive Salary, Weekly Pay (for everyone), Comprehensive Benefits Package, Great IT Support, Accessible Leadership, good format for addressing employee relations concerns.

ConsDress code (maintaining a business dresscode is not realistic for most employees), no clear guidelines on performance management, bonus strutcure could be more defined for all levels. It would be nice to have some morale boosting activities more than once or twice per year.

Advice to Senior ManagementAsk all employees for their feedback. Make efforts to effectively promote and train managers to be successful. Don't look at the lower levels as the "problem" when issues are raised.

Anonymous Employee (Former Employee)
Chicago, IL

I worked at Methode Electronics

Prosoverall good experience working at methode.

Conspoor communication from management to teams

Advice to Senior ManagementShould provide more feed back to employees

Company in transition. Very good people to work with. Small company environment. Zero management communication.

I have been working at Methode Electronics

ProsPeople are great. Small company environment allows close proximity to top management. Very good products for the future.

ConsVery decentrilized company. Difficult to understand the org chart. Zero management communication. Direction not clear.

Advice to Senior ManagementProvide company direction to your employees then lead them there.

Good company for entry level

Electrical Engineer (Current Employee)
Harwood Heights, Cook, IL

I have been working at Methode Electronics

ProsGood Benefits, good work and private life balance, tuition reimbursement

ConsLittle promotion opportunities/ career advancement

Advice to Senior ManagementGive employees more responsibilities

Only apply if you are willing to go to Mexico or China

Assembler (Current Employee)
Golden, IL

I have been working at Methode Electronics

ProsThey have a fairly good benefits package. They have good insurance. They do pay full time employees a little better than average for this area.

ConsOther than the plant closing, disorginization, no communication, sending most jobs to Mexico or China, it's a great place to have worked. Even before announcement of closing, we struggled to have enough parts to meet the orders.
They have hired a firm to help us prepare for losing our jobs, but they have only been there for 2 or 3 days.
It's really sad to watch our jobs and machines being loaded up on a truck to be shipped off to a competitors factory or to one of the facilities in China or Mexico. There are also a few positions left at the Carthage, IL facility. But we all wonder how long they will be there.

Advice to Senior ManagementKeep our jobs here. You own Methode, not the car companies. Stand up to them.

Worked for Methode Electronics? Contribute to the Community!

Glassdoor is your free inside look at Methode Electronics reviews and ratings — including employee satisfaction and approval rating for Methode Electronics CEO Donald W. Duda. All 23 reviews posted anonymously by Methode Electronics employees.