Methodist Health System Reviews

3.3
John M. Fraser

1. Director of Allied Health Dept

I worked at Methodist Health System full-time

Pros

Good team work seen in patient care areas
    Great care

Cons

Low salary for experienced staff

Advice to Management

Pay for qualified experience staff

2. Company is good, employee's are another story.

I worked at Methodist Health System full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

Company is good. Growing. If your a patient this place has amazing service and passion for who they treat.

Cons

Low pay
    When you hire management please make sure they actually know what they are doing.
    Favoritism is so high-school. Please grow up.
    Don't always listen to your co-workers on making big decisions regarding other co-workers. Personal issues will always interfere.

Advice to Management

Upper management knows what they are doing. It's the department managers that need to learn a thing or two or even three. You want valuable work? Value your employees. Stop being their friends and be their dependable in full control managers.

3. Positive work culture.

Former Employee - Health Coach
    Former Employee - Health Coach

I worked at Methodist Health System

Pros

Good compensation, room for personal growth.

Cons

Do not have any cons to add.

5. Physically demanding, Okay job.

Current Employee - Supply Chain Tech I in Dallas, TX
    Current Employee - Supply Chain Tech I in Dallas, TX

I have been working at Methodist Health System full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Always something to do. Not much micro-managing. Overall, coworkers were nice. Great benefits. Just make sure that whatever doctor you go to is a Methodist provider. Just because a doctor accepts United Healthcare doesn't mean they are a "Methodist provider." Very annoying.

Cons

Management was poor. One manager would have random days when she would panic for no reason and micro manage everyone constantly. She would make decisions that didn't make any sense. Did not like confrontation so either things went on without being dealt with or she would have an assistant or higher level tech pass on messages to us. Favoritism was a major problem here as well.

Advice to Management

Take some management classes, or read some books on the subject. If you are having an issue with an employee be direct. Do not passive-aggressively punish them by having them do menial work that they don't usually do. Offer computer classes to employees as most employees can barely type on a computer or use a printer. Offer actual solutions to problems other than saying "Things have to change or I'll have to write people up"

Poor leadership

I worked at Methodist Health System

Pros

Not one I can honestly say

Cons

So many I don't have room to mention . But watch out for leadership or lack of in Corporate EHR division. Discrimination on many levels.

Advice to Management

Get your managers and leaders into a learning program as to work with people not discriminate or retaliate or depart or fire them without cause.

7. Good place to get started but not recommended for long term

Current Employee - Clinical Secretary in Dallas, TX
    Current Employee - Clinical Secretary in Dallas, TX

I have been working at Methodist Health System full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

I have met some great life time friends here. It is a family environment that has multiple events a year that allows family to join. When I was first hired and had to come in for appointments, such as see the nurse or go to HR to sign papers , I was told that I could bring my son because they knew that I am a single mom and that his daycare was not set up yet.

Cons

The culture at Methodist is negative. If you are a person, such as myself, that lets bad vibes bring you down , then this is probably not the place for you. I have also noticed a trend of hiring foreign nurses that have never worked in the U.S and have limited English skills. This has become an issue on numerous occasions due to communication difficulties and cultural differences.

Advice to Management

Consider more promotion and leadership training for clerical staff. I am working on my MBA ( with emphasis on healthcare management) and was shut down when I asked about internships or any other training opportunities that I could take advantage of within the company.

8. Stay Away

Former Employee - Anonymous in Omaha, NE
    Former Employee - Anonymous in Omaha, NE

I worked at Methodist Health System full-time (More than 10 years)

Pros

Great clinical care at hospital. Great nurses.

Cons

A lot of egos. Too many chiefs for number of employees.

Advice to Management

Work together instead of against each other's egos and agendas.

Working at Methodist Health Care System

I worked at Methodist Health System

Pros

The pay was very good but beyond the pay I have nothing good to say about this employer. If you can find another job go with them.

Cons

The senior management doesn't care about their employees and it shows in the work the employes do. I wish I could say something positive about working for Methodist but I can not think of anything.

Advice to Management

Stop caring about your titles, and start caring about the patients and the employees. Methodist would be great place to work if certain people would start caring more about what is important.

Overall a pretty good place to work.

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Omaha, NE
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Omaha, NE

I have been working at Methodist Health System full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

Great co-workers. Company is very supportive and encouraging with higher educational opportunities. Allow for flexible schedules and job-share options. Multiple committees to join.

Cons

Too many "layers" of management and some issues with micromanagement. So-so benefits and pay is not competitive with other health care systems when looking at nursing positions outside of the bedside nurse role.

Advice to Management

Look at your management levels and determine if there is really a need for all the meetings and all of the levels. Some of the upper management should have more face-time with employees. Get rid of the suits. They can be intimidating to some and you will not get honest feedback from employees. Embrace change because it is coming in health care. We need Methodist to stay ahead. Put money into areas that generate income, not necessarily areas that are "next in line" for upgrades.

Management needs improvement

I worked at Methodist Health System

Pros

Hours are good
    Pay is decent

Cons

Management doesn't listen to needs