Methodist Hospital (MN) Reviews

David K. Wessner

1. Former RN

Former Employee - Staff RN
    Former Employee - Staff RN

I worked at Methodist Hospital (MN) full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

My experience was positive for the most part. Managers of our floor were loyal and backed up staff. Electronic charting program used at the time was horrible, but I understand that they've changed to EPIC. Great support from other nursing staff, and always opportunities to increase knowledge.

Cons

Egos of some of the specialist MD's, but that's nothing new. Day shifts could be hectic due to narrow hallways and lots of milling about of families and equipment.

2. Just keeps on going downhill...

Current Employee - Lab Assistant/Phlebotomist in Minneapolis, MN
    Current Employee - Lab Assistant/Phlebotomist in Minneapolis, MN

I have been working at Methodist Hospital (MN)

Pros

Great coworkers, good benefits, convenient location

Cons

I work in the lab as a phlebotomist or lab assistant, I do not know where to begin. Honestly, I have worked here for quite some time, and I have seen too many people come and go to even count. We have extremely high turn over as of late, people are dissatisfied, including myself, and when the opportunity arises, I will be gone to. Some factors that contribute to the overall unhappiness are : * We are constantly understaffed (people call in "sick" ,but I think people are just worn out) *Our managers/supervisors/team leads all have egos and they all want power,most of them do not really know what they are doing *They always tell us they welcome our suggestions,but when you give them suggestions and speak up ,they view you as a trouble maker *The only way you can "get ahead" is by being someone's pet, the nepotism at this place is unreal! *Our technology does not work(handhelds), it is quite antiquated *Dealing with some nurses can be sheer terror , most of them have bad attitudes, some of them are bigots, and most of them are lacking in the common sense department *Management could care less about employees who have been there for years, yet they cater to the newer employees, or the employees who could give a crap *Pay is not competitive, new employees start off making as much as someone who has been there for years *High management/supervisor/team lead turnover * Seniority does not exist

Advice to Management

Listen to your employees, you may learn a lot. Put your own ambitions to the side and do what is truly best for the whole team. Stop playing favorites. Discipline those who deserve it and not the whole team,we are grown adults here.

3. Negative workplace- constant reorganization and few rewards for employees

I have been working at Methodist Hospital (MN)

Pros

In the metro area, on the busline.

Cons

negative workplace. Management VS staff mentality. I left my job due these same reasons. Since I have left, I keep seeing the same jobs posted on the grid, off, then back on. What does this tell us? It tells us there is little to no support from upper managment, lack of training, and lack of encouragement to employees. People are either being fired or leave because there is NO SUPPORT and COMPLETE LACK OF TRAINING. Expected to hit the floor running without proper preceptorship. This is a liability to them as well as employees. I expected to work in this nice subburban hospital, but what I found was a negative workplace with REALLY stressed out employees fearful of loosing their jobs! WOW....

Advice to Management

STOP BULLYING YOUR EMPLOYEES. Provide safe staffing, and a workplace condusive to positive work relationships between employees and managment. The "dis"- stress is palpable!!!

5. satisfactory

I have been working at Methodist Hospital (MN)

Pros

good pay and good benefits

Cons

we need more communication between disiplinaries

Advice to Management

communication

6. always growing, and learning.

Current Employee - Lab
    Current Employee - Lab

I have been working at Methodist Hospital (MN)

Pros

Its rewarding to work with everyone from Doctors, Nurses, and staffing in every department. A place everyone can grow in and develope their skills.

Cons

They should hold more people accountable when people work a shift for someone on call, that person should have to take that other persons shift in return, I think you would have less call in on those nice spring days.

RSS Feed </> Embed