Methodist Hospital (MN)

Former RN

Former Employee - Staff RN
    Former Employee - Staff RN

I worked at Methodist Hospital (MN) full-time for less than a year

Pros

My experience was positive for the most part. Managers of our floor were loyal and backed up staff. Electronic charting program used at the time was horrible, but I understand that they've changed to EPIC. Great support from other nursing staff, and always opportunities to increase knowledge.

Cons

Egos of some of the specialist MD's, but that's nothing new. Day shifts could be hectic due to narrow hallways and lots of milling about of families and equipment.

Negative workplace- constant reorganization and few rewards for employees

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee  in  Saint Louis Park, MN
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Saint Louis Park, MN

I have been working at Methodist Hospital (MN)

Pros

In the metro area, on the busline.

Cons

negative workplace. Management VS staff mentality. I left my job due these same reasons. Since I have left, I keep seeing the same jobs posted on the grid, off, then back on. What does this tell us? It tells us there is little to no support from upper managment, lack of training, and lack of encouragement to employees. People are either being fired or leave because there is NO SUPPORT and COMPLETE LACK OF TRAINING. Expected to hit the floor running without proper preceptorship. This is a liability to them as well as employees. I expected to work in this nice subburban hospital, but what I found was a negative workplace with REALLY stressed out employees fearful of loosing their jobs! WOW....

STOP BULLYING YOUR EMPLOYEES. Provide safe staffing, and a workplace condusive to positive work relationships between employees and managment. The "dis"- stress is palpable!!!

satisfactory

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee  in  Saint Louis Park, MN
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Saint Louis Park, MN

I have been working at Methodist Hospital (MN)

Pros

good pay and good benefits

Cons

we need more communication between disiplinaries

communication

4. We want your feedback – Are these company reviews helpful to you?  Yes | No

always growing, and learning.

Current Employee - Lab
    Current Employee - Lab

I have been working at Methodist Hospital (MN)

Pros

Its rewarding to work with everyone from Doctors, Nurses, and staffing in every department. A place everyone can grow in and develope their skills.

Cons

They should hold more people accountable when people work a shift for someone on call, that person should have to take that other persons shift in return, I think you would have less call in on those nice spring days.

Worked for Methodist Hospital (MN)? Contribute to the Community!