Methodist Medical Center

Methodist Medical Center Reviews

Updated Mar 28, 2014

Be The First To
Add Photos

It was a good experience with a great company

HIs Medical Clerk (Former Employee) Peoria, IL

Prosall the training I received from the company and the benefits are superior

Consthere are no cons to this company

Overall a great place to work

Administrative Assistant (Former Employee) Peoria, IL

ProsMost of the departments at Methodist have directors that are willing to offer a work/life balance, which was of great importance to me. It is a friendly environment.

ConsParking is sparse and far away and not in a desirable area to feel safe walking to your car. Also, longevity does not insure job stability.

Good atmosphere!

Registered Nurse (Current Employee) Peoria, IL

ProsMethodist has a certain comfort to it that other area hospitals fail at. Positive patient experience is of the utmost importance. It is a magnet hospital that is nationally ranked for outstanding healthcare. The hospital is currently being remodeled to allow for a new ambulatory surgery entrance. As a nurse, I'm allowed to work within the scope of thousands of protocols, thus reducing the amount of phone calls to physicians.

ConsThe pay is $14,000 a year lower than the national starting average. Unfortunately, the starting salary is comparable to the region. Average employees will get a 3% raise each year, while outstanding employees can receive up to 5%. If you're new, expect to get 3% each year (equivalent to the yearly inflation rate...aka you're not worth anything more to the organization than you were the year before).

Advice to Senior ManagementI know money is important to the hospital, but the patient ratios need to be capped at 5 patients per nurse. I frequently have 7 patients at one time. How do you expect quality care to be given when one nurse is responsible for 7 patients. This causes nurse burnout and decreases the satisfaction of your employees.

1. We want your feedback – Are these company reviews helpful to you?  Yes | No

It's a decent place to work.

Registered Nurse (Current Employee) Dallas, TX

ProsThe staff really try to make every single patient happy with their care.

ConsAlways told what we do isn't good enough.

Advice to Senior ManagementHappy Nurses make Happy Patients! Make the nurses feel important.

Middle of the road, somewhat boring workplace

Registered Nurse (Former Employee) Peoria, IL

ProsThe one good thing about MMCI is the few days of being flexed for low census. The benefits are comparable for the area.

ConsManagement is very regimented. There is little flexibility in thought or policy.

Advice to Senior ManagementPlease enter the 21st century in the style of management.

Talk to those within before signing the line

Nurse (Former Employee) Peoria, IL

ProsMeets 95% Patient Satisfaction on Press Ganey

Consno salary increase, no pension, non-supportive management

Advice to Senior ManagementOut with the old and in with the new; let go of those resistant to positive change

Experience was good, no room to grow in Mental Health.

Anonymous Employee (Former Employee)

ProsStaff were great, culture was great. Love the values of the hospital.

ConsPay wasn't as great as it could have been. They cut some benefits.

Hospital

Anonymous Employee (Former Employee)

Prospay is good. House supervisor good

Conslack helping employee keep a position if you get hurt on the job.

Advice to Senior Managementactually work the floor for a change and then make decisions.

Great

Project Leader (Current Employee)

ProsFlexible, great people, important work

ConsCan be high stress because the work is important

Advice to Senior ManagementKeep pushing Baldridge.

Worked for Methodist Medical Center? Contribute to the Community!