Methodist Richardson Medical Center

2.2

CEO

Beautiful Facility

I have been working at Methodist Richardson Medical Center

Pros

Good staffing ratios, Able to advocate for patient

Cons

Weak orientation and clinical training program

Don't forget about the basics an untrained staff that doesn't have the critical thinking skills to work in higher level setting is unsafe. Morale is directly correlated to the nurses confidence and autonomy to provide care for that patient. This is accomplished through sound clinical protocols

Horrible administration

I have been working at Methodist Richardson Medical Center (more than 10 years)

Pros

I still get paid, I have a job and insurance, tuition reimbursement, the clinical staff and office staff are friendly and easy to work with,

Cons

Senior Management is horrible, The CNO does nothing but memorize the" Quotable Quotes" section of readers digest, and then tries to use as many as "She" can in every conversation. I hear how brilliant "She" is because "She" says so whenever "She" has an idea. What an ego trip! The president is even worse, if he is not playing "Putt Putt" golf in his office drinking a diet coke he is trying to fire or belittle someone for having a cup of coffee in their office trying to get some work done. He yells, screams, has fits of rage, belittles, intimidates staff at meetings and tries to manipulate staff to falsify records. Seriously!! I hope that the CEO of Methodist does some serious investigating of this place before it is shut down.

Quit!!! Get some help you need it. Irene keep your mouth shut. Ken, close the door and don't come out.

Repeating theme?

Current Employee - Hospital Employee in Richardson, TX
    Current Employee - Hospital Employee in Richardson, TX

I have been working at Methodist Richardson Medical Center full-time (more than 5 years)

Pros

Employees at the director, manager and staff level are generally nice and easy to work with; however, I agree with the repeating theme about the hospital's administration.

Cons

Hospital administration is egotistical, plays the favorites game, and is a baby when things don't go their way. God forbid if you put a nail in the wall or hang anything up in the new building, you will be terminated on site for destruction of property. The administrator cares more about appearances than people. Directors, managers and staff have gotten fed up with the lack of respect and consideration for their contributions that some really great, long-term people have quit and moved on.

The world doesn't revolve around you. Genuinely care about the people and you'll get the results you want, which we all know are centered around your bonus compensation plan.

About the other recent reviews

Former Employee - Nurse in Richardson, TX
    Former Employee - Nurse in Richardson, TX

I worked at Methodist Richardson Medical Center full-time (more than 5 years)

Pros

I hate to say it but it really is just about the patients and a paycheck. I'd have to agree with the other reviews. The physicians are usually very easy to work with too!

Cons

Again, I'd have to agree that upper management is extremely arrogant and condescending. Nursing unit leaders value how they are viewed, not by the work of their department.

The turnover you are having is not positive for you. You are losing great and loyal employees who finally couldn't bear to go into your new hospital anymore. Give praise and recognition where it is due. Don't forget areas or only address your favorites. Work with the team and the whole team for a more positive environment. Don't let teams segregate from others. Or even certain levels within leadership segregate and on any team don't let peers be isolated due to this culture.

Poor pay, $ benefits, poor poor administration, little time off

Former Employee - Anonymous
    Former Employee - Anonymous

I worked at Methodist Richardson Medical Center full-time

Pros

Small family feel. Teams working individually to help each other. Some truly great and wonderful departments especially Cardiopulmonary, Volunteer, Chaplain, Behavioral Health. They never receive any credit and if they did it wouldn't ever be enough. Case Management and Quality (with the newest Director) were really great too but Case Management turned 180 degrees when that Director left and I heard the Director of Quality just quit.

Cons

It feels like a small high school clique environment. Gossip, chatter, rumors, and pettiness seem to sadly start from the top. CEO and CNO only recognize certain managers for praise every time. CEO is extremely egotistical and chauvinistic. CNO seems pointless. COO and CFO are faceless. Not sure what they do. Rarely see them outside of their offices. All that truly matters are patient satisfaction scores so it looks good to corporate and then corporate isn't always getting too involved.

Grow up and get out of healthcare. Company politics are one thing but egos, gossip, rumors, and disrespect to your employees shouldn't be lead from CEO and CNO.

Great place to work.

Current Employee - RN- BSN in Richardson, TX
    Current Employee - RN- BSN in Richardson, TX

Pros

Patients and employees are equally treated with respect. There is a culture of solidarity in providing excellent care to our clients.

Cons

Provide better mode of medication administration/charting. The WOW is very heavy to push around for 12 to 13 hours per day.

Continue to involve employees in policy change.

Pleasant atmosphere, decent coworkers

Former Employee - Admissions Representative in Richardson, TX
    Former Employee - Admissions Representative in Richardson, TX

I worked at Methodist Richardson Medical Center full-time (more than an year)

Pros

Coworkers are usually really nice regardless of department. Lots of feedback from management. Plenty of assistance available upon request. Tuition reimbursement program.

Cons

Benefits aren't as good as they were prior to the merge with Big Methodist. Very little upward mobility assistance from management.

It is a Horrible place to work with.

Current Employee - RN-BSN in Richardson, TX
    Current Employee - RN-BSN in Richardson, TX

I have been working at Methodist Richardson Medical Center

Pros

Nothing other than pay check..

Cons

Very rude and arrogant management, Only focused on making more profit, an excessively pressurized job place, have no human dignity. Nobody is satisfied here other than the employer, very high patient to nurse ratio that make job-overload always. They write you off and report to group for silly matters which are considered simple daily human errors at other places

Be practical and show some human dignity to nurses, we are not janitors or plumbers. we expect some respect and fundamental rights as human beings.