MetricStream Reviews

Employment Status

Reset
2.9
Shellye L. Archambeau

Pros
  • good pay - not like the googles of the world but far better than most of the market (in 8 reviews)

• comparatively good salary package (in 7 reviews)

Cons
  • Work-life balance seems to be skewed towards work side more often than not (in 19 reviews)

• There is no work life balance and no scope to learn or grow (in 11 reviews)

1. Company Review

Pros

- Promote innovation - Leadership - Strong cross functional collaboration

Cons

- Long work hours - Challenges with Onsite Offshore coordination

Advice to Management

Invest more in recruitment process.

MetricStream encourages only flatterers

I worked at MetricStream full-time

Pros

With this company, this word has no meaning. There are no pros, no professionals, nothing.

Cons

A company to which lies are attached to the skin. Guys in MetricStream management are such sweet talkers that you’d think you are in safe hands. Once you spend some days here, you realize what kind of crap things people do here to be in management’s good books. The only qualification and quality you need is to cuddle up to management. It will protect anyone who is a liar and sycophant.

Advice to Management

Just learn to be fair to your employees. That is enough. If MetricStream’s management just starts identifying the handful of good employers from the rest of the self-interested, self-promoting bootlickers, it would do them a world of good.

MetricStream is fit for sycophants

I worked at MetricStream full-time

Pros

Their website is quite attractive

Cons

ComplianceOnline is one hell of an employer. There is only one way of scaling the ladder –being cozy with the management. You are forgiven for everything –including bad to nil performance –if you are close to management. If you know how to lie to management, it is easy to defend mediocre performance. On the other hand, no matter how much you toil, if you are not in their good books, the only reward for good caliber is harassment, sidelining and backbiting. I hate to talk about them. After working at ComplianceOnline, you can safely move to a career in politics. It gives you enough training for this profession.

Advice to Management

waste of time to give a advice

Nepotism and favoritism are ComplianceOnline’s two eyes

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Palo Alto, CA

Pros

Seems to have articulate people in Sales

Cons

Till I joined MetricStream, I used to think that all these are the stuff of books and movies. It is only here that I actually saw how thoroughly useless moke lickers get away with anything, and sincere, talented, dedicated guys get pushed to the corner. Verdict: If you know the art of apple-polishing, you are going to thrive at ComplianceOnline. If you are one who has a mind of your own, forget that this company exists. Look for a better life elsewhere.

6. Senior Member Technical Staff

Current Employee - Middleware Systems Administrator in Palo Alto, CA
    Current Employee - Middleware Systems Administrator in Palo Alto, CA

I have been working at MetricStream (More than 5 years)

Pros

Learn New techs and good client interactions

Cons

bit miss process and lag b/w internal teams

MetricStream Response

Jun 23, 2015 – Consultant - HR

Thanks for taking your time and providing your review. We are making further efforts to enhance and provide a stimulating work environment for employees to work and grow.

Largest Startup

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Palo Alto, CA

I have been working at MetricStream full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Company has just realized it's potential and they are doing everything that can to be successful. Hiring good people and putting processes in place now. All good for people working and new people joining.

Cons

There are growing pains - they still only one person in IT here in US so that is a bottleneck. There are some old timers who still work in that reference so people coming in new face some issues but if you boss is good it all works out.

Advice to Management

Changing the culture overnight is not possible but slowly and steadily have the old timers get to speed on the new culture of the company.

MetricStream Response

Feb 21, 2015 – Consultant - HR

Thanks for your feedback and review. We will continue to make your experience more enriching at MetricStream.

Well paid unhappy employees

Former Employee - Finance in Palo Alto, CA
    Former Employee - Finance in Palo Alto, CA

I worked at MetricStream full-time (More than a year)

Pros

This company tends to compensate new employees very well. They are willing to take on people who have potential, but don't yet have the experience or skills for the role they are hired for. This could be a good company to use as a stepping stone in your career.

Cons

Advancement once hired is extremely difficult in this company. Both in job title, and pay, they lack the systems to properly recognize their employees for their work. The company requires a fair amount of travel, and long unusual hours as you will be working with employees in India on off hours. Payment from bonuses, and stock options are not a guarantee, despite completing your objectives, and are rarely paid on time. The corporate atmosphere is terrible, as most employees are unhappy, and those with the means to get out leave the company, resulting in high turnover. If you are looking to be happy with your work, this is not the company to work for.

Advice to Management

This company needs a complete overhaul of management structure. Employee compensation, and more importantly respect needs to become a priority.

Stay Away

I worked at MetricStream full-time

Pros

I do not have any.

Cons

Poor management that does not care why so many GOOD employees are leaving. Employees who have never managed anyone become managers and do not have any idea how to manage employees. You are expected to work very long hours. Bad/hostile attitude among many employees. Don't expect to be paid on time. Culture/benefits way under par. Board of Directors are crooks.

Advice to Management

Read exit interviews.

10. This is place has a great working environment!

Current Employee - Consultant in Palo Alto, CA
    Current Employee - Consultant in Palo Alto, CA

I have been working at MetricStream full-time

Pros

Easy going people Ping Pong Room Flexible Schedule

Cons

Located in an Isolated Area

Review of the reviews mentioned on glassdoor about metricstream

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Bangalore (India)
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Bangalore (India)

Pros

Don't think as Pros or Cons - This is written in general and overall by a professional working from last 5 years. I see people complaining this is bad , that is bad, appraisal was not good , not good for experienced people to join bla bla. Since I have been working from a long time and know the culture here Let me talk straight here, whoever wants to accept , accept or will tell you today you will always be a person of complaining in your life, today about One company tomorrow another and finally to God. Every Company has politics to a extent, But who has implemented this - "We people", who have gone through the same phase that now a fresher is going through. This politics was not taught By company VP. So to see a change in culture first change your culture. And on a personal note , I am a person with so many people dislike me but company still has me as its valuable employee , why company VP does not listen to those political mgmnt and throw me out ?? Because for company valuable resources are important , and this is what happens in Metricstream. When I joined as a fresher here , I was keen to learn technology, challenge myself and having an attitude that - I will make something one day that company will be proud of. But now a days Kids are after money, they dont want to grow, they dont have long term vision and i will tell you today that you are now a failure and tomorrow also you will be a failure if you have the same attitude. Knowledge gains respect not money and money comes from knowledge not the other. Let me answer someone questioning about Old Monks - Dude why dont you become one of them ? Why don't you challenge yourself that Who is that Old Monk , what extra he has (Has he got an extra brain ?), why cant I go ahead of him ? No, you scary chickens can't stand on your legs , you will know how to take excuses. I had to write this because I am bugged up by the reviews people are giving. Here goes My review 1 Metricstream is a great place if you are having long term vision and want to grow in your career. 2 It has freedom for each employee to do innovation , do something new (Even current policy forces you to innovate) 3 This is still a small - medium size company. So it has clear visibility of top management to the lowest employee. But if you are not a dumb you must understand visibility comes from your actions, money does not come walking to a person who keeps on sleeping. So in order to get visibility you have to do right actions , innovations. Just dont dream of VP coming and hugging you, do something so that he will come and hug you. 4 As someone has said - "If you are not paid enough for the work that you are doing now , then tomorrow you will be paid for doing nothing". First do hard work , build a reputation of your own, people might try to pull your leg, dont get biased with them, work. work and work, then you will see how time will reward you. World is Ocean with so many people competing for a job, you should not get scared of the rough water, rather believe after this storm there is a beautiful morning, have patience and be consistent. 5 Ignore the people who are doing politics, Have pity on them . Ask Why ? - Because they dont have knowledge hence they do politics so that they can survive in this world. So ignore them, they are valueless antique pieces . Always ask yourself am I worth a Software Developer, Am I better than my colleague? Do i Have long term goals? I guess this is enough for you to believe that how positive I am about this company because I have had a successful 5 years in which i have learnt enormous things, Note that No one came and taught me (no one spoon feed me ), I learnt several technologies by my hard work and I always strive for one thing - To become rich But I know if I just think of becoming Rich that will not happen, I have to work harder each day to increase my value every day. Thanks who spent so much of time reading this and I wish you best of luck in all your career. PS: - "Don't tun after money , Let money run after you(means knowledge). If you want to know how money runs after knowledge, check out big shot architects, Developers and Innovators"

Cons

Read the above section if you want real review.

Advice to Management

Dont feel bad about all the reviews that people are putting here, I can feel the pain someone will go through seeing these reviews (I can feel it if these were about my company). Just in case you want to know a true review then - "Yes I have gone through lot of ups and down but thanks to you who always showed trust within me and now I am proud of where I am. And I find myself luckiest to take a wise decision of joining Metricstream where I had offer from a very big company."

RSS Feed </> Embed